E1 Dungeon-Monday 6pm PST

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Shadowcat-x

E1 Dungeon-Monday 6pm PST

Post by Shadowcat-x »

https://www.nine-swords.com/events/even ... -time-zone

Introduction to Elites: Dungeon runs for fun and profit.

Because the calendar is set up for GMT, the event looks like it's on a Tuesday (because it's going down at 2am GMT) but recruiting will begin approximately 6pm pacific USA. I'll be tanking. Have room for one healer and three DPS. If we can't fill up with Swords, I'll finish off the team with people from the activity finder.

These runs are intended as learning experiences (since I'm still learning to tank) and new members are welcome to join up to learn how to run elites. The requirements are that you are level 50 and willing to be patient with fellow learners. If you are experienced at dungeons but would like to try a new role (shout out to healer LeMortieth!) this is a great way to practice. If you're the type that likes to research before you jump in, there is also a very well done guide to elite dungeons for beginners here on the forums at:
https://nine-swords.com/forums/43/10527

If there are more people than empty spots, I will do a second run (if time allows). If we're having lots of fun and profit, we may keep going until we run out of keys.

I'm hoping to make this a recurring Monday night event and if there's sufficient interest, we may be able to do this on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well.
“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”

― Groucho Marx
Gebbeth

Re: E1 Dungeon-Monday 6pm PST

Post by Gebbeth »

I'm up for this any time you don't fill - I need the practice too. Also, I will be ready to try some tanking too...soon... -ish (not yet)
“Doubt is uncomfortable, but certainty is ridiculous.” - Voltaire
Grimgard

Post by Grimgard »

I'll be there if you still run dungeons. Just a suggestion though re: the event posting--

You may want to add a link to this thread in forums to the event posting since clicking on the event does not allow the viewer/reader to respond.

Also, I have a long way to go to regain tanking form, so to speak, but if you opt out of tanking, I can give it a whirl. It went fairly well on E1, including even another run at HE at E1 after you left (3 for 3 last night). We did have a few deaths, though, so I'm calling it the "Suicide Squad" when I do the tanking in E1 while I get back into the role. :P
Othari

Post by Othari »

I can heal with Othari
or dps either is fine
Shadowcat-x

Post by Shadowcat-x »

So far still planning on running this on January 1st. May actually talk Gebbeth into trying out his tanking build and Grim may be talked into healing. I also have a heal-tank build or hammer/chaos tank build I need to tune up.
“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”

― Groucho Marx
Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Ghost, anytime you need scrub dps like me... i'm willing to help and have some fun. poke me anytime, if you need to fill up spots.
Shadowcat-x

Post by Shadowcat-x »

In case anyone was wondering, the Intro to Elites for 1/15 will not be held due to me be away from my sweet, sweet gaming rig and being consigned to the purgatory of crappy internet connection and sub-par gaming equipment. I expect to start them back up again on the 22nd.

― Groucho Marx
Shadowcat-x

Post by Shadowcat-x »

Due to RL stuff going on for the next month or so, I can't guarantee I'll be online at a set time, so Intro to Elites on Mondays is temporarily suspended. I expect to be able to resume regularly scheduled events by March and currently the US timezone is very active with spontaneous dungeon, so I doubt anyone will even notice the lack.

― Groucho Marx