Others not unlike SWL?

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Gebbeth

Others not unlike SWL?

Post by Gebbeth »

OK, I know I'm 10 years late, but I just started playing BioShock - What a fun game! :mrgreen:

I couldn't help but compare it to SW - the quirky underwater steam-punk environment, magic+weapons, scary little girls, and somewhat of an interesting story so far...

I don't play a lot of games, so was wondering what anybody else thought was in the same general vein as Secret World in terms of unique and engaging atmosphere? or put another way, if you like SW and you like BioShock, what else would you throw in for comparison?
“Doubt is uncomfortable, but certainty is ridiculous.” - Voltaire
Dhante

Re: Others not unlike SWL?

Post by Dhante »

Have you played Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines?
Helixia

Post by Helixia »

Bioshock is amazing, I did not finish 1&2 (got the remasters because I had the previous ones in steam library), but Infinite is a masterpiece.

About games similar to SWL, you can try the other productions of Ragnar Tørnquist, the main writer of old TSW (and by extension SWL), The Longest Journey, Dreamfall and Dreamfall Chapters, amazing games, even if the graphics are quite bad for today's standards (not Chapters, but the first 2).

Another game that made me thing of TSW back when I played it was Life is Strange,its art style especially. The story is pretty good too, definitely something I would recommend, reminded me a lot of the Academy part in Savage Coast.

And finally, Alan Wake is something I enjoyed (but not finish, I"m terrible at finishing games), but made me think of Tyler Freeborn part in TSW.
Ishco

Post by Ishco »

The commands of Alan Wake are terrible! :o :o

For games with a particular universe, you can try: Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4 (that I, personnally, liked less than the first 2), the Mass Effect series, the Telltale games in general (but it's less actioney), Farenheit (it's old but super cool), the Stalker series. :D

If you're into FPS with a story: the Fallout I talked about+the Stalker series. :D
If you want horror and creepy girls, you can play the FEAR series.
DarknessUponUs666

Post by DarknessUponUs666 »

Dhante wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:40 am Have you played Vampire: The Masquerade Redemption and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines?
Both are amazing games.
Redemption is really nostalgic but with well made story and concept, Bloodlines which i prefer more is set at modern day setting (and fictional story).

You can try also Elder Scrolls Series games like Skyrim and Oblivion.
LeMort
Twitter: lemortieth

Post by LeMort »

I really love State of Decay.
#2 is on it's way later this year.
Really atmospheric, a bit original and filled with Zombies!! :)

State of Decay was made by an indepent studio, bought up by Microsoft.
So #1 is full of some weird bugs and stuff due to the fact that Microsoft said, "ok, time for release".

#2 is fully funded and hopefully not so buggy.

Still, I find a lot of those tiny bugs charming :mrgreen:

LeM:)
Mikshana

Post by Mikshana »

It's super buggy (at least on PC; yeesh, they did bad job on the port!) but try Deadly Premonition. I think it was more inspired by Twin Peaks, and it's very quirky.