How about that Rubi Ka 2019 (or Dune)?

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Yuriksha
Leader

How about that Rubi Ka 2019 (or Dune)?

Post by Yuriksha »

Only just heard today about Anarchy Online getting a progression/fresh start server. Is there any interest around here in going back to that game?

https://massivelyop.com/2019/03/06/anar ... -now-live/

Also heard today about Funcom doing an "open world" game in the Dune universe. Almost hate to put my heart into anything given the furious pace of content updates for SWL, but what opinions are floating around here about it?
https://massivelyop.com/2019/02/26/func ... yer-title/

Guess I probably ought to formulate more opinions of my own but I should have been in bed already.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: How about that Rubi Ka 2019 (or Dune)?

Post by Katelin »

I have absolutely no interest in trying AO again. Lots and lots of memories there - but no :)
Cannot even start to imagine tradeskilling all that armour and click-savering my way to prosperity again *grins*
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

Yeah, that's true. Even reaching 200 after subbing around 120 or so was arduous. And there was no way I could ever tradeskill. Was reliant on bringing all my mats to orgmates who'd been doing it for years already.

EDIT: Ahhh Click-Saver! I couldn't reliably level solo but I could at least slowly sneak my way to some money and gear (but only at levels that could perfectly roll the target level items). Indispensible tool, but even with I bet the whole ordeal overall would still be painful even for blitzing GA fixers.
Saunabath
Leader

Post by Saunabath »

Yeah, no. AO was fun for its time, but I have no interest in the kind of grind it was anymore. That server ought to at least shut the mouths of those who keep saying that Notum Wars ruined the game.

Dune game could be interesting, but I want to see how much more there is to it compared to Conan Exiles, which I like but have never found a good community to play with. On the other hand, it could become the modernization that AO never got. Consider me cautiously exited.
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

Took a look at the recording of the Twitch stream this morning. The Arrival Hall is back (I guess the statue in the middle is a regular RK mob, not an alien?) And then you get dumped in a backyard, so this is definitely going for something before my time. I started in the Noob Isle, which was an Alien Invasion thing. I guess the new armor and daily login rewards help make up a little for not being able to get the things you would have gotten on Noob Isle or the new ICC Training Grounds.
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

And agreed Sauna on Dune. I hope it's more interesting than Conan Exiles and there's a decent server or way to set one up that won't be an insufferable gankbox. Already wondering about faction things; can you play Fremen, smugglers, Harkonnen, Atreides? How do you get defined as one of those things? All things we won't know for a long time yet.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Watch out for rollerrats then!
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
HolloPoint
Division Member
Twitter: @hollopointswl

Post by HolloPoint »

Sandtrout, Katelin, Sandtrout :)

Edit: And the funny thing is I have a lot of models similar (Including Sandworm :) ) for Dune. I was going to do a picture for it, just never got around to doing so.

Further Edit: Nine Kryss a possibility? :D
There is a twist in the Fabric of Reality where art fulfills our dreams. Website at - https://brokenmoebius7shep.wixsite.com/iceneuro
LeMort
Twitter: lemortieth

Post by LeMort »

I'm a bit curious about Anarchy. When it was released I got it, but I didn't understand a thing.
I was FPS back then. I just didn't have the patience for it. And quite frankly, the only reason I got it was because a friend of mine had been part of the coding team, coding the network-protocols and all that.

So maybe I'll try it a little bit, but that's just to try it.

Same for Dune. I played a dune-game back in the 90s, so it would be fun to try Funcom's take on it, but I don't think I will spend much time in that one either.

If Funcom had it's best year, yet, why not reward us faithful and patient playerbase with more SWL-content?
I think we deserve a bit attention. We *are* tremendously patient. At least that's what I think.

LeM:)
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

Agreed, LeMort. Was disappointed by the complete lack of mention for us.

Oh man, rollerrats... I think they were in all the starter zones except Shadowlands. A scourge!