Storytime and "in the wild"compliment to Phant and his influence on us

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
riflapotetflak
Leader

Storytime and "in the wild"compliment to Phant and his influence on us

Post by riflapotetflak »

Me + 3 other dps from 9S decided to do a E5 dung today. We went looking for a tank in LFG and got a response from someone we think is a girl that said she could "probably" do an E5. We thanked her for helping us of course.

AFAIK I have never met this person before ingame.

She didnt have the best gear so we had quite a few deaths along the way but we adjusted some things and grinded trough. second to last boss I got a PM asking If I was one of Phants alt`s! (??)

I was a bit puzzled so I said "lol no but I take it as compliment" :D
We went on to next boss where she took another short break and I got a new PM

I got the sweetest message about how incredibly helpful and patient we were. She wanted to thank us for helping her so much both now and before.

So I guess we got compliments in the wild but have Phant to thank for rubbing off on some others in 9s :) It DOES make a difference!!

Ill let her be anonymous so phant can wonder who he made such a nice impression on :)
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: Storytime and "in the wild"compliment to Phant and his influence on us

Post by Katelin »

Thank you for posting this, Rifla. It is rare we get comments about anyone in our leadership team, except for when you lot complain at us for not giving out enough cookies.

Phanth deserves the recognition from your post, and from members of our community. He does SO SO much and it makes me very happy to read! I am sure he likes to read it to.

I am incredibly grateful that you and your team today were patient and helped someone. Most of you do it every single day you log in, and you all make our cabal more special because of it. Your patience, your guidance, your willingness to help others, your ability to shrug off how many wipes are happening because someone is still learning - very proud (mummy) Sword that you all have our cabal name over your heads. :D

Thank you all :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Sam515

Re: Storytime and "in the wild"compliment to Phant and his influence on us

Post by Sam515 »

Being patient and kind to someone in game makes the cabal look good as a whole. The opposite is also true. Our actions reflect on the cabal while we have the tag over our heads.

Just goes to show it pays to be Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.
I still remember some things from my younger days.
"Let loose your inner dragon. Become one with everything. See the threads that connect. Enjoy being a chaos monkey."
"I could have taken over the whole World, had it have not been for stupid Madagascar!"