May be posted to by: Applicants +
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Are you thinking of a future with 9S?

Post by Katelin »

(Edited to reflect current ongoings! )

If you are thinking of a future with 9S, we want to get to know you better - and have set up a nice comfy recreation area for you to take a seat in.

Spending time here does not necessarily mean you will get an appointment with our boss, but it does mean you get the chance to show off your colours and ensure our founding members can give a shining report on your account.

So, think about it.. reach your hand out to the door, hit the buzzer - and tell us you are at the door

When you enter.. please introduce yourself. How you wish to do this is up to you. Though remember, we do have some standards. Inappropriate photos of you trying to gain the favour of our recruitment team are going to be removed, and you will be file noted.

See you soon.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Cephas Ironclad

Re: Are you thinking of a future with 9S?

Post by Cephas Ironclad »

Greetings, names Cephas Ironclad. Or atleast that is what you shall call me unless you want to call me Lord Cephas that is fine to, no pictures I am afraid. I do want to have a future with the Nine swords infact I thought I was the future of the Nine swords ;) theres 8 of you and one of me (Lucky for you) I like the number Nine....Ninth sword does have a ring to it anyway... Hi good to be here. and look forward to knowing you all abit better, I guess I should say something about myself. Okay I am from England and I like to play games of the PC variety before you get any funny ideas. Also I prefer to stand thankyou. :)
Last edited by Cephas Ironclad on Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Nice to meet you, Cephas. I knew a demon of that name, fierce and raw.

Tea, coffee and water are there <shows a console against the wall> so help yourself if you would like something to drink. Feel free to look around and have no worry, we have sealed off any area which would be unsafe for you to wander into. <polite smile>

So, you consider to be the future of Nine Swords? That's an interesting statement, to say the least! How about elaborating on that? <smiles with a hint of amusement>
Cephas Ironclad

Post by Cephas Ironclad »

Thankyou kindly, I am partial to a cup of tea every now and then...well alot actually but would not want to enforce a stereotype. I did notice everything was sealed off..well most everything I can be alittle curious. Okay so maybe I wont be -the- future but I plan to take a role in said future. For Light and and Glory and all that. In any case it's late and the bed calls.
Last edited by Cephas Ironclad on Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Rest well, Cephas! There will still be tea later. I will not lie about cake though. <coughs>
Berrith
Founder (retired)

Post by Berrith »

Hi everyone, Templar Berrith here. I just wanted to greet everyone and introduce myself here on the forums!

Anywho, as I mentioned to some members already, I played WoW on-and-off for several years. During my time in Azeroth, I co-lead a guild with two other people. Unfortunately, we were a very lax guild, and though I made some great friends that I keep in touch with even today, I ultimately left due the un-organization and lack of progression in-game.

In addition to WoW, I have also played Final Fantasy XI. It was my all-time favorite game due to its challenging nature and extremely fun crafting / skill system. In a game such as that, I love to mess around and level up every skill I can to experience everything the game has to offer.

I also enjoy playing Dungeons and Dragons, and have played several times with Corenna and Pluto at their house. Before going to bed every night, I actually read D&D 4.0 books to plan out stories and characters, trying to develop a "dream team" and awesome campaign one day. I may lack an extreme amount of Role Playing experience, but I am looking forward to honing my skills!

Also, I marched with a big college marching band for 5 years. While it may not seem like it, I actually learned a lot about how to function as a 400+ group, from how to teach a large group by breaking down tasks, to how to schedule events and move everyone around without creating traffic flow issues.

While I was not in any particular leadership position during my time marching, I believe that my past few months as Assistant Manager at a local store has taught me other useful skills on how to deal with people, both customers and employees. This of course can be translated into dealing with disputes within our cabal, as well as Public Relations with other cabals, factions, etc.

In pretty much any multiplayer game, I tend to not specialize in any particular role, but try to cover any role(s) that my team is lacking. I try to help out wherever I can. Anyways, I'm looking forward to assisting Nine Swords in getting started and then working hard to keep what will be our long legacy going strong.

Sorry for the long post haha, and I look forward to getting to know everyone soon!
~Berr
Last edited by Berrith on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Berr with me.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Nice to meet you, Berrith <smiles>

Please, I see nothing to apologize about regarding the length of your post, considering the information provided, which I found very useful, well organized and overall relevant. You certainly know how to introduce yourself <grins>

Make yourself comfortable, I hope you enjoy your stay <smiles warmly>
Ravynswind
Founder (retired)

Post by Ravynswind »

So glad to meet you, we've been waiting patiently
"What you have are bullets and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing, because if I am, you'll all be dead before you've reloaded."
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

Ravynswind wrote:patiently
*Chuckles and sips from his glass*
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

By the way, any gents who would like to venture further within our headquarters can have a look at our waiting room. We only recently renovated it, so please be patient while we refurnish it... However, you can bring your drink in there. Seats will follow in a near future.