Are you thinking of a future with 9S?

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Ciovala
Twitter: Ciovala

Re: Are you thinking of a future with 9S?

Post by Ciovala »

Hello everyone and well met. :) (Virtually, at least!)

There is some information in my application that officers can see but I just wanted to post a quick 'hello' to everyone else. I played TSW during beta and then came back in 2013 for a year or so before taking a break due to my master's degree and moving house. We've moved and my degree is just about done so I'm playing again but my old Cabal seems dead unfortunately. Currently starting on issue 9 as I had stopped playing about a month after the grindy scenarios came out. I enjoy running dungeons (have a decent amount of 10.4.4 gear) along with PvP from time to time.

Have played games for a long, long time and my first MMO was Asheron's Call way back in the day. I also have a busy real life schedule with work and personal commitments but you'll see me on often enough during weekday evenings and on weekends.

Hope to meet some of you in-game before too long!

Cheers,
Cio
Vozd

Post by Vozd »

Hi ppl,

just became a member of 9s and would like to briefly introduce myself. I'm pretty new in TSW, but due to the high addiction leveling pretty fast. I'm also for the first time cabal member in any MMO. Have some experience in game of this type ( although there is not this type of game anyhow ) but not much. Most of the time doing solo role playing and planning to start with dungeons and lair missions as soon as I reach needed lvl. During day I'm turning into civil engineer and at the moment working in Germany. English is not my mother tongue, but I manage.

Hope to see you guys in game soon, until then stay well .......cheers!!!!
Taeras
Twitter: @brannockterry

Post by Taeras »

Ay, em Taeres want to join, world is crazy and bet ya arse so em I. Hoping for someone ta talk back at me ta see if this be a good place ta be for me. Oh and I got a flask and a shotgun...roight? Anyway off ta bed afore I get back ta shooting tings' in da head.

- Taeres Finnegan

Hello all! I have recently started playing TSW and currently running about Kingsmouth. I really got hooked the first time I gave it a try and went out bought a new laptop so I could run the game full throttle. I have played a number of MMORPG's in the past and only recently started back up, finding a game that is set in the modern world was awesome and TSW has delivered so far.

I cam across your recruitment thread in the forums and really liked how you manage your guild, I have only seen a few of you in the world to date but much of my time is spent in the initial starting area.

I am an East Coast player in the United States and generally play during evening hours. The Secret World is completely new to me and I am still learning the lore as go including rushing into hordes of zombies to get that yellow honeycomb so I can learn as much as I can.

I enjoy all aspects the game has to offer including Role-playing, PVP, and PVE. Hopefully you will consider my membership despite my rookie status, in the meantime i will continue to soak up as much as I can in game.

Thanks all,

Terry
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

Taeras wrote:Ay, em Taeres want to join, world is crazy and bet ya arse so em I. Hoping for someone ta talk back at me ta see if this be a good place ta be for me. Oh and I got a flask and a shotgun...roight? Anyway off ta bed afore I get back ta shooting tings' in da head.

- Taeres Finnegan

Hello all! I have recently started playing TSW and currently running about Kingsmouth. I really got hooked the first time I gave it a try and went out bought a new laptop so I could run the game full throttle. I have played a number of MMORPG's in the past and only recently started back up, finding a game that is set in the modern world was awesome and TSW has delivered so far.

I cam across your recruitment thread in the forums and really liked how you manage your guild, I have only seen a few of you in the world to date but much of my time is spent in the initial starting area.

I am an East Coast player in the United States and generally play during evening hours. The Secret World is completely new to me and I am still learning the lore as go including rushing into hordes of zombies to get that yellow honeycomb so I can learn as much as I can.

I enjoy all aspects the game has to offer including Role-playing, PVP, and PVE. Hopefully you will consider my membership despite my rookie status, in the meantime i will continue to soak up as much as I can in game.

Thanks all,

Terry
Hi Taeras,

Thank you for your interest.
You will have to fill in the application form which you can find here: https://www.nine-swords.com/directives.php?d=49 (scroll down and you should see a link to it).
bable21

Post by bable21 »

this is bable21 aka lillyarna, what I am :P. I am a game player, that enjoys life inside the game. But also enjoys life outside of the game, my enjoyments first and for most is my son he is a little one 17 months, then my crazy wife lol... I will probally be inducting her into game if the computer can handle tsw.

My number 1 pepeve I guess would be being asked for gold or credits, I belive in hard work and doing stuff on my own and if not asking people for help rather it be a big instance or dungeon such that i cannot accomplish on my own. But I do also like the social aspect, being a team player and helping other people. Because lets face it this is a mmo we cannot accomplish on our own :P

My least strong suit i guess is grammer my wife is the grammer nazi :P she would be looking at this and shaking her head. I am personally just a typical guy playing a woman in game because of the rp aspect.

thats mee pretty much in a nutshell, if you wish to know more about me please ask.
Tokrika
Twitter: Amundsen_lived

Post by Tokrika »

Hello guys and galls,

I've recently applied to your fine cabal and Figured I'd briefly introduce myself to those without admin privileges. In part because the door to my office is open and they can hear me typing, so I give off the impression of being very busy. So if the following seems less coherent than it should, it's because I'm typing it in between other tasks ;)

My characters names is Karl "Tokrika" Thode. Karl Thode was my grandad and Tokrika simply consists of the first few letters of my name(s). I used to go by Malakith in my teens and Epilog later on, but when I got a g-mail account both of those were taken, so hey, presto. Tokrika.

I played TSW upon release and made it to what used to be the endgame. I had an inconvenient snowboarding accident and backed off from computer gaming all together for a while so that I would focus on other things.

After I got a steady job some years ago, I built a rig that would have made my teenage self envious but discovered I had little time to actually use it. Changing that now, so I just recently re-upped for another tour this past weekend, and so far I've simply enjoyed running through some missions again. (speaking of PCs: TSW really does generate a lot of heat - I'm having to rev the fans all the way up to keep everything at reasonable temps. I don't recall it doing that with my old AMD-build.( AMD 720 and gtx 470 vs i5 4690k 2x780SLI)).

I love the concepts, characters and voice acting of TSW. I've played other mmos and mmorpg, regular rpg, and I play other computer and console games as well as some board games and table top - What I've enjoyed about TSW is that it does not pander to me, but forces me to think instead of just passivly absorb information.

In real life, and therefore also in game, I love rock-climbing, skiing, diving, cooking, photography, painting, hiking, camping, kayaking and many other things - it's important to diversify.

Tokrika in TSW is not a different entity or character - it's me, but extended into the realm of The Secret World (and a bit more handsome). If and when I happen to roleplay, I try not to remove the character too far from his origins (me).

Could be that Nine Swords is for me and and that I am for it, but we'll see. Either way I am open and relaxed, so feel free to look me up in game for some shared playtime or a nice chat.
Last edited by Tokrika on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

You like cooking... we like eating. Match made in heaven :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Helixia

Post by Helixia »

Hey There :)
Glad you're back into the game and enjoying it, I'm sure you will find yourself at home with us, we're a very nice group of guys and girls ;) No matter what you like doing in-game, Dungeons, Lairs, RP, or simply chatting with people, I'm 100% confident you will find someone to participate
And your vote should be over tonight, I'm looking forward to see you in-game too
Ishco

Post by Ishco »

Katelin wrote:You like cooking... we like eating. Match made in heaven :)
See, he's finally bribing us with food (or the promise of it). He found our cryptonite. :lol:
Hel,do you like your first bribing with food? :mrgreen:
Tonoji

Post by Tonoji »

Presses buzzer and waves, "Hey all. Hoping I can catch someone around. I'm Tiya (tea-ya). So nice to meet a group of people interested in working together. I'm new to SWL and would like the chance to join a group of like minded players". Thinks for moment then adds "I am mercenary and like to help others do missions as well as explore. Love finding hidden lore. So hope I can meet up in world maybe at the restaurant they have very nice looking place though not sure I can afford it. Plus looked like I'll need change of outfits." Hope to see you soon.

RL I'm male and look to open another character slot once get use to game. Nice to meet you all and look forward to hopefully Joining.