Are you thinking of a future with 9S?

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Cherrie

Re: Are you thinking of a future with 9S?

Post by Cherrie »

Just messaged you in game Wahbash:D
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.~Inigo Montoya~
Khronicle

Post by Khronicle »

My name is Khronicle,

I will keep it short and sweet. I have applied to be a part of 9S, I would like to join an active community because it gets lonley without and active chat.
Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Hey Khronicle,

9s recruiter will contact you asap to proceed with your application.

hope to see you joining us soon,
Teddy
teg

Post by teg »

I apologize if this seems a bit too long; there is a lot I want to say. I have been doing some reasearch on your website about Nine Swords, so I want to share why I am here and am considering joining Nine Swords. The main reason I want to join your cabal is because I have done some activities in the past with some of your members, and you all seem like amazing people!

I am currently a member of LoMS, but I am thinking about leaving since they have their own custom chat channel. I can still chat with my friends in LoMS even if I'm not an official member of the cabal.

I am also trying to find a cabal that I can feel more a part of. I am over 1K ip and try to be very active in this game. The cabal I was in before LoMS, UnleashD, wasn't as active as I wanted, but I left on good terms and let the cabal know I wanted to try out other cabals to see how other cabals did things (this was also the cabal I was in when I played TSW).

After I left UnleashD, I joined LoMS during Cabal Pride after one of their members invited me to join and said they were "rainbow" friendly (I was wearing my rainbow pants with the rainbow sprint). It was important to me to find a cabal that was LGBTQ+ friendly, so I joined LoMS.

I don't really get the tight-knit community feel from LoMS since it is a large cabal, and anyone can join their chat channel. While I do like the people in LoMS, I am starting to think that maybe a different cabal would be better for me, which is why I am here and trying to find out more about Nine Swords. I haven't filled out the cabal application yet, but I plan to as long as there is not some huge issue you have with me.

My main question, though, would be whether your cabal is LGBTQ+ friendly as this is important to me (As someone who lives in a conservative area of California, I have actually been surprised by how gay-friendly this game is, and it is nice to feel accepted). If you are LGBTQ+ friendly and don't have any issue with me based on what I wrote, let me know and I'll fill out the cabal application with even more details about myself :D
Cherrie

Post by Cherrie »

I like to think of us a pretty open and friendly group. I pointed out your post to Shadow, she should be messaging you in game:)

On a side note, I tried to steal a screen shot of us in our matching rainbow pants but you didn't have them on. heh
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.~Inigo Montoya~
Shadowcat-x

Post by Shadowcat-x »

One of the main tenets of 9S is that we don't tolerate intolerance. Several of our members on USA timezone are very open about their orientation and to my knowledge have never had problems with any of their fellow swords. I can only speak for myself, but the prevailing attitude that I've seen in 9S is that as long as it's all consenting adults and no one is getting hurt, let your flag fly.
“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”

― Groucho Marx
teg

Post by teg »

Thank you for the replies :) It was also nice chatting with Shadow in game! Sometimes I'm a bit too paranoid about things like that. I will fill out a cabal application when I have a chance. Right after my initial post, I got invited to do some bird regionals, so I will fill out the application afterwards.

Edit: I had some things come up this evening; I am in the middle of filling out my application and will finish when I get a chance but it may be a while. Sorry for taking so long to fill it out.
teg

Post by teg »

I finally finished my application; I may have gone a bit overboard (I kept a copy of what I wrote and had over 900 words). Hopefully you received it, and hopefully I didn't say anything too outrageous :D
Shadowcat-x

Post by Shadowcat-x »

You and I will be top contenders in the "wall of text" contest for cabal chat, I bet :-P
“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”

― Groucho Marx
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Just finished my application and thought I'd say "howdy". I'm from the Midwest, we really DO say 'howdy'! :D

Looking forward to playing and chatting with people.