Raider Audit/Headcount for Those Interested in E10 NYR

Old Event requests
Mayday

Raider Audit/Headcount for Those Interested in E10 NYR

Post by Mayday »

Currently there is a New York Raid-E10 being scheduled. There is however, a lack of E10 ready cabal members. This was discussed by leadership and a 2-part solution was found. The plan is to be implemented over the next 2-3 months with the end result being a full cabal team.

Part 1 of the plan:

See which members are interested in participating in the next 2-3 months in the NYR-E10 and get them ready. You do not have to be currently E10 geared but you should be reasonably close, 800+.

You should have some idea or plan of what you need to work on. If you don't or aren't sure what you should be working on, please speak with Phanth or myself.

If you would like to see more of certain activities ran to help you achieve your goal, please let me know.

Part 2 of the plan:

Aggressive cabal recruiting for E10 ready players. This will depend on how many current members are interested.

If you are interested, please sign below along with your current IP number.

Questions, comments, pitchforks and torches, contact Mayday either in-game or via forum mail.

This is who I have so far:

Currently raiding E10/have gear requirements

1. Phanth
2. Katelin
3. Mellifified
4. Shjak
5. CarbonArc
6. Wargmir
7. DigitalWrath
8. Rokynn
9. Indashi
10. Shin
11. Mayday
12. LeMort

People who are close

1. Yuriksha IP 900ish
2. Durendal IP 970isn
Last edited by Mayday on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:09 am, edited 11 times in total.
Mayday

Re: Raider Audit/Headcount for Those Interested in E10 NYR

Post by Mayday »

Phanth, Katelin, Melified, Shjak, and CarbonArc DO NOT have to sign-up as you all are currently working on the E10 NYR.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Mayday--DPS gear 915
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Moved out of noticeboard because this is planning.
Great thread. Will be great to see the results. Thank you.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Jess
Division Member
Twitter: obuza-ba

Post by Jess »

...I have 1100 ip atm, I just find super depressing spending an hour on failing. Will happily join when we are closer to successful run, if you excuse me.
I sure would love to have more ip -> dps and my bane is scenarios, so those group OD runs help quite a lot. I guess not necessary schedule them, just keep in mind that if I'm online I most likely want and will join. :O

(I'd also love to work on that inverter of alacrity Mk III when I finally buy one but that's other story I guess)
"One must suffer from absolute blindness to freely pour the milk of human kindness."
Mellified

Post by Mellified »

I would urge you to reconsider your decision not to join in, Jess/DigitalWraith.

Obviously, I do not know your personal situation, time constraints or anima shard situation, so forgive me - I am not trying to be rude. Perhaps I have got the wrong end of the stick. I know that playing a game is meant to be fun. But:

NYRE10 is the hardest content in the game, and this is a PRACTICE run - so we are expecting to fail, but also expecting to learn how to do it better. Plus helping others get through it too - to ALL our benefit.

If we all did what you are going to do, we would never have a team - because as soon as each person felt they could do their bit and had had enough of the team failing, they would drop out.

(Perhaps you are saying you do not have the IP to do it? The content is gated for 1000 so you are eligible - where is the challenge if we all are over geared and do it easily?)

This is group content - we are a cabal - we are all trying to do it together - even failing. I don't think it's fair if some people let all the others do the hard work and then come in at the end to reap the benefits.

It's your choice, but I feel we would get to beat this more quickly if all the cabal members who are eligible joined in on a regular basis and we all failed/learned/succeeded together.
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

- The National Bloodbuzz Ohio
Jess
Division Member
Twitter: obuza-ba

Post by Jess »

Mellified, I don't say it's right thing to do but I have my personal reasons. I lose my motivation to play at all after such runs and I'd prefer to keep it. I don't want to make my life more stressful than it's already is, this stuff hits me more hard than I'd wish. I did enough practice runs to learn what I need to do to survive, and as far as I could notice best you can do to help with raids after you learned mechanics is improving your dps - which I'm going to work on for now. Little by little.
Also I'd prefer to keep not more than 2 days per week for SWL which also helps me a lot to not drop the game for years because of burning out.
This stuff is all personal matter, I can't do much about it, sorry. Didn't really expect I'll need to explain this.
"One must suffer from absolute blindness to freely pour the milk of human kindness."
Mellified

Post by Mellified »

Ah ok - sorry to make you explain it - and I did say that I didn't know your personal situation.

Hope things get better with your personal matter - here's to many more years of SWL!
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

- The National Bloodbuzz Ohio
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

DPS gear 900 IP. I still got stacks of purifieds, from like 30-some Talisman to about 90 Weapon. Having em around makes earning a trickle of Marks easier, but if you want me to use 'em all in a go, just give the word. I guess it also wouldn't hurt for me to try to get in an E9 or two in a week. Dunno if I can make it in 3 months between my work schedule and trying to find and move into a house.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I gotta pick a rifle too. I don't intend to burn my Shadow-bound for it but getting something to red might not be too hard even so. I've got a KSR-43 of Alacrity m2 and a MIRV Launcher of Havoc m2 I haven't bound to me yet. I've heard that on long fights MIRV Havoc tops the KSR, KSR is good for short, burst fights, and KSR needs Energy to work well. Is the MIRV the right gun for this fight?
hobilsm

Post by hobilsm »

I wish you guys my very best, i will try to be there when 9S e10 nyr is around.

Also yes, there will be a lot of failing, e10 nyr is hard, it is VERY hard. The people who does e10 nyr, are all e15 players with everyone 20k+, so they have it much easier. It will be a tough fight. ODO tried it for a year now and they only succeeded last week. So yeah, dont give up!
The Penguin