Hit Me!

Old Event requests
Gebbeth

Hit Me!

Post by Gebbeth »

"I want you to hit me, as hard as you can."

Talking about the Fight Clubs. London has a great one-on-one venue, Seoul would be great for teams - (organize and wear some form of visible uniform)

This would be fun - this could be fun.. I think it would make a great monthly cabal event.

Maybe someone else is interested? Let's start thinking about it!
“Doubt is uncomfortable, but certainty is ridiculous.” - Voltaire
Jess
Division Member
Twitter: obuza-ba

Re: Hit Me!

Post by Jess »

Is this just for fun and practice or does game offer some kind of rewards for Fight Club activities? (except self-satisfaction for the win)
I personally don't like PvP interactions but I can come to watch.
"One must suffer from absolute blindness to freely pour the milk of human kindness."
Gebbeth

Post by Gebbeth »

It's the Eighth Rule - If this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight. :twisted:
Actually, I know not everybody enjoys PVP, but I know it CAN be a lot of fun - I hope we get enough interest to give it a good try.

I will be exploring the arena interactions, my understanding is nothing is in place except for equal footing in Seoul, and not in London, and then I expect respawn and return (verses respawn and hold). I will post what all I find out.

The nice thing is that it would be only our own cabal on both sides - people we know. The point is to have fun - you gots to do more than grind! :D We might do something award-wise, play to a time limit, plan on lair/dungeon/regionals afterwards... IDK - see what people think.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Food for thought for you: https://nine-swords.com/forums/6/197
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Gebbeth

Post by Gebbeth »

Wow, that's kinda cool...
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Yep. Would love to implement it again. Need help though I think to realise it.
Sorry for hijacking your thread :D
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
Gebbeth

Post by Gebbeth »

Do we have a leader for the PVP division right now? As far as I know Kisshoten was the last one?

SWL is a real let-down for PVP, I think doing cabal fight nights occasionally could make for some fun events - but not something that would lend to earning status ranks. I don't mind the idea of recognition, but starting small, something like tracking participation and team wins.

It really depends what people want - I think it would be fun to have periodic cabal fight nights.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Volen is in the roster as PvP leader, though admittedly I have not seen him in game for a long time. Kisshoten was PvE leader :)
Shadowcat-x

Post by Shadowcat-x »

Othari (joined last month) is big on PVP. You might want to get together with him the next time you see him and see if he's interested in helping set something up. I don't usually PVP, but that's mostly because my experience (in every MMO I ever tried PVP) was of repeatedly dying and being mocked by my opponent. Since that was in no way fun, I boycotted it entirely. If we can come up with an educational, supportive, fun PVP experience, I'll be happy to participate.
“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”

― Groucho Marx
Gebbeth

Post by Gebbeth »

What I would like to try to do is dungeon group vs dungeon group in a game of kill the tank. I think that would be a good dynamic everyone could get behind. We could plan teams, switch players around, etc. It would be good alternate practice for general skill development and relevant to play.

The fun-factor will depend on how well balanced the teams are, and on everyone's personalities. Mocking is rude - but ... so is punching someone in the face.

Love to here from Othari, or anyone else for ideas, or questions/comments.