Task - NYR E5

Old Event requests
shin

Task - NYR E5

Post by shin »

I know we have quite many people over 450IP.
What do you think about scheduling cabal raid in NYR E5?
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: Task - NYR E5

Post by Katelin »

I am not quite there yet - but moving this to the event requests area :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Shadowcat-x

Post by Shadowcat-x »

I have tank, heal and DPS gear capable of doing NYR E5, but I have no experience with the E5 version. That said, I'm willing to give it a go as long as someone talks me through what changes at this level of difficulty. The only time I'm online with the Eurozone swords is on the weekends and on Wednesdays.
“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”

― Groucho Marx
shin

Post by shin »

I've heard that there is additional big zombie spawned. Am I correct?
Jess
Division Member
Twitter: obuza-ba

Post by Jess »

There's this guide on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLeg ... d_elite_5/
Additional hulks and plus some other stuff works a bit differently like pods will cause even more problems.

And I have enough ip for e5 now and would like to see this stuff with my own eyes and not guides or videos. ^^
"One must suffer from absolute blindness to freely pour the milk of human kindness."
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

If we have anything from previous raid experience to go by, then moving on to E5 will give us weeks of learning the encounter and wiping until we get it right. Not that I'd not be interested in it. :)
Mellified

Post by Mellified »

I'm looking forward to attempting this soon
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

- The National Bloodbuzz Ohio
Phanth
Leader

Post by Phanth »

The ip450 requirement is pretty weak, but with a decent mix and potions, it's doable.

Tank gears with the defensive glyphs could probably do it with 500ip+ with potions. I had ip675 in dps gear + potion and did fine.

Healer 500+ with potion will help much.

Tanks will need to switch aggro when filth stacks drop to around 10. Each tank decides who will grab the Filth Bird and who grabs the Hulks. The Birds have a fixed location on where and when they appear. The Hulks seem to have a random location spawn (3 possible spots). Always let the tank get the Hulk's aggro before attacking. Meanwhile, you can kill off the adds. The Hulks have a couple aoe that you can interrupt. The tanks need full tanking abilities, so dps need to interrupt or avoid the aoe. Technically the zombies will keep rezzing back unless you kill the Hulk first, but if you kill it fast enough, then it doesn't matter much. There's only 3 Birds, but on the last Bird everyone holds dps until the Birds does 3 "Down Fall" casts.

From there, it gets super messy as the Hulks return with adds in the final phase, but tanks can't leave the Lurker to grab aggro...so interrupt and kill Hulks/adds ASAP. Failure to kill adds will turn them into Filth beast during the Shadow out of time cast.

Podding is different than the NYR in TSW. Podding is randomly done by anyone with the target over their head. Once they see this, they need to run toward the lamp post away from everyone else and attempt to dodge when the circle appears under their feet, otherwise all dps should shoot the pod to free that podder.

One person (usually with AR) needs to stay behind the grate to catch the filth and place it to the side. If he's podded and no one is there then it's instant wipe when the boss attempts to place the filth.

Takes much practice, but the reward is worth the pain!
Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Great initiative, happy to join.
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

AWOL has put up a pretty good, illustrated guide for this raid covering story through E5 on the Unofficial SWL Forums.

https://swl-forums.com/guides/the-ny-ra ... -modes.25/