Dirtybliss

New Event Idea: Wacky Build Creator

Post by Dirtybliss »

Wacky Build Creator

Participation required: Medium
The pre-event organization required: High
Event organization required: Yes
Duration of the event: 6 Months+

The Idea behind the Wacky Build Creator is that The PvE Division Leader or the person(s) Leading the event will come up with four or five wacky builds. Everyone in the Cabal will have 6 months to level up the skills ( Active and passive ) in order to do the builds. at the end of this, the Cabal as a whole will run an instance ( Raid, lair, dungeon Etc) in order to test our the builds and see what works.

An example of some of the types of things you could expect:
(These Builds Were taken from Around the Web)

Ip in this build is currently 1036
As swapped in different talisman with a yellow 2 Cruel Delight.
The main weapon Bladed gauntlets of havoc 3
offhand Eldrich tome of havoc 3

Gadget electrometric attracter
Glance reduction at 30.3%, however, I am glancing to much with that
Crit chance 30% (not including weapon specialization bonus)
Crit power 132.2% (not including weapon specialization bonus)

Actives
Nature (quick basic heal)
Mangle (single target 3 hit)
Berserk (single target 10 hit applies exposed)
Frenzied Wraith (fist special gives other attacks for no energy cost)
Savage sweep ( AoE fist attack, good for kiting)
Dread sigil (blood ranged AOE, good for softening up before I get there and grabbing mobs)

Passives
Rampage (ups the damage of each hit of berserk and adds a stun)
Rip (adds a dot to Savage Sweep)
Vigour (20% chance to restore 2% health per second for 3 seconds)
Lingering curse (adds a dot to Dread sigil, which is amplified by the blood weapon)
Gore (adds a charge ability to the frenzied wraith, lets me close the gap)

Mob Killer Build #2 (Ham&Blade)

Active Abilities:

Ground Pound
Soothing Spring
Hurricane
Pain Suppression
Eruption
Burning Wrath

Passive Abilities:

Berserker
Eye of the Storm
No Pain, No Gain
Annihilate
Resonance

Theory Behind The Build
Now as the title suggests, this build was purely created to murder as many things as possible (using a DPS gear set only) with maximum sustainability and survivability.

Speaking of survivability, sword is an awesome offhand weapon for exactly that! Soothing Spring heals and cleanses, while a full chi bar will heal you for a significant amount as you won't be using spirit blade.

Ideally getting the Blade Razor's Edge is the best option for this build (its special ability grants a 50% chance to generate one extra chi with critical hits). Having either the efficiency suffix to use eruption as much as possible or Havoc for more critical (we'll touch on that in a minute) synergy would be an added bonus to maximize this build's potential. Likewise, I'd also suggest you invest in the Hammer Pneumatic Maul for its special ability which procs the Enrage effect free of cost on critical hits (once every 9 seconds). Again, this further synergizes with critical chance. I'd suggest getting the Havoc suffix for this weapon if possible, barring that, going for efficiency isn't a bad choice either.

Now, the active ability Burning Wrath is the key (or at least the most important piece) to the sustainability part of this build. The ability generates 8 rages per hit, but once you get enraged you consume 50 rages and you get an extra ability that creates a persistent G(Ground)AoE effect on the ground that hits for (example) 250 dmg every 0.5 seconds for 5 seconds
(damage will vary of course with your gear, passive nods etc.).

The passive Berserker lets you generate 4 extra rage with every critical hit, this is another factor involved with the sustainability part of this build (you may have started noticing a pattern here regarding crit synergy at this point). Yes, having an as much critical chance as possible for this build is essential to get the best out of it. Next, we have the Eye of the Storm passive for the Hurricane active blade ability, which makes it that much more powerful. This will help you mow down enemies even faster as you throttle between weapons for energy management (which won't be too hard if you have a high critical rating anyway) and more importantly to generate chi and proc healing. Next, we have the Resonance passive for the blade, which will let you deal extra damage every time you generate chi, making it synergize well with Razor's edge for extra damage, killing your enemies that much faster. Lastly the Pain Suppression active paired with the No Pain, No gain Passive will be your opening to initiate the fight (once enemies have been aggroed and gathered in a nice package). It will essentially allow you to mitigate all incoming damage for a few seconds, giving you enough time to pop Eruption and Soothing Spring.

The Rotation

so the rotation is quite simple and proceeds as follows:

Kite as many enemies as you can, I'll use evolved filth as an example (I've been using this build quite extensively in Kaidan against Evolved Filth). Ideally, you try to aggro double the amount of enemies you can affect with a given AoE ability. Usually that would amount to 6 enemies, so try to get at least 12 (if you don't have enough in proximity to each other, rounding up a bunch of Filth Infected Citizens is definitely an option, I'd get at least two extra groups of these as usually one hit from Eruption or one sequence of Burning Wrath's AoE effect is enough to kill them). Once you've kited as many enemies as you can circle in on yourself until all enemies are grouped together hit Pain Suppression followed quickly with Eruption. After half of your enemies are knocked down clear the other enemies while simultaneously activating Soothing Spring in order to get persistent cleansing so as to not be affected by the remaining enemies' knockdown or filth abilities. Follow up swiftly with Burning Wrath (constantly circling to make sure the enemies stay bunched together while all their GAoE attacks face away from you) and switch to Hurricane in order to proc chi and eventually get the healing from a full Chi bar while Soothing Spring and Pain Suppression finish their CD's.

If you have all the items (gear/weapons) listed above, you should essentially have an endless supply of rage being generated and consumed in a very short amount of time (ebb & flow baby) as well as constant healing or mitigation being applied to your character. If you need a bit more rage to trigger the AoE effect of Burning Wrath, simply hit your builder (Ground Pound, also, yelling Timberrrrr! is optional, but highly recommended) a few times then go at it again (you can easily hit max rage doing this in which case you can get an immense DPS boost for few hits, making short work of your enemies, especially if those land as crits). You should always prioritize Burning Wrath as a consumer when Enraged, then Eruption for the Knockdown to get a breather a refresh the rotation.
Don't Just be good... Be good for something.
Phanth
Leader

Re: New Event Idea: Wacky Build Creator

Post by Phanth »

Sounds fun. I can see potential to discover some interesting builds. Some limitation/unwillingness to participate would be that 1) most people already have a build they're still working on, 2) acquiring the gear can be costly, 3) well there's a reason why some wacky builds are wacky...just saying :D
Last edited by Phanth on Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dirtybliss

Post by Dirtybliss »

Phanth I hear your concerns. ( I see them too. :D) But this is why it's an event that takes some planning in the beginning but becomes a passive event for 6 months. the 6-month time frame being for people to visualize their builds put MoF, AS towards those builds and when the time comes to test them. this is a long term event that puts most of the power in the people. And at the end of the day what really matters in an event like this is what is offered as a prize. After all, people will not do something like this if there's nothing to gain from it.
Don't Just be good... Be good for something.
hobilsm

Post by hobilsm »

I think this event is too long term investment, who knows who will be here in 6 months, or even game itself :D
The Penguin