Reminder to make plugin workshop for newer players

Old Event requests
riflapotetflak
Leader

Reminder to make plugin workshop for newer players

Post by riflapotetflak »

So I was told to remind someone to do a guide on installing plugins. (Someone needs to remind me who I was supposed to remind but this post might fix that.) :D

Quick suggestioons from me: Must haves: Effects UI, lorehound ,boosprint, Autorepair, LAIRTRACKER.

Install location for most plugins in steam version of game is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Secret World Legends\Data\Gui\Custom\Flash

Files are usually zipped when downloading. Folders need to be unpacked and placed in folder. My Flash folder looks like this:
Skjermbilde.PNG
Skjermbilde.PNG (31.96 KiB) Viewed 2927 times
Jess
Division Member
Twitter: obuza-ba

Re: Reminder to make plugin workshop for newer players

Post by Jess »

I'd recommend MeeehrPack instead of BooSprint, it has auto sprint, auto pet and some nice topbar additions (which needs a fix since wasn't updated after agent system, TopbarAdditions addon has it).
Also surprised you have AgentViewer but not AgentTweaks.

What FastCaches, GuideFox and legends do?

(also may I say, if everyone will have LairTracker it's going to be such a mess if whole raid will try to get the same items at a time, I may find fun to compete with one person, but not 8, plus it's everyone's time, it may need some, uh, arrangements)
"One must suffer from absolute blindness to freely pour the milk of human kindness."
riflapotetflak
Leader

Post by riflapotetflak »

I think I had meehrpack, not sure why I uninstalled. maybe bugged.
Fastcaches takes away animation when opening caches so when opening several you dont waste time. Legends is an empty folder that attempts to fix another bugged plugin. Agenttweaks was bugged for me so I uninstalled. I just installed agentviewer. Lairtracker is useful when new players join other raids and people have to run around help them find stuff to pick up. I witnessed this a lot when other cabals run lairs. Guidefox is some waypointfiles for a few areas such as kaidan for more effective routing...its not really useful for more themn farming a little faster. not neccessary
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Here's what I use: Auto Repair, Auto Sprint, BooBar, BooBuilds, Effects UI, Empowerment Helper, Lair Tracker, Lore Hound, and Viper's Don't Make Me Wait.

Effects UI is really a must for dungeon/raid warnings.
Lair Tracker is a blessing that lets you see where stuff that you need to pick up is and awesome to find the File for Mark in SA.

Most mods are what people find make things more convenient or or simpler.

I have the tendency in this game to run what I consider the bare minimum for mods because of all the crashes/latency this game has. I try not to tempt fate anymore than I have to! ;)
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

The only mod I use is TrashScaler - it is a must if you have a high res monitor and can't see the stuff any more because it is too small.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Jess
Division Member
Twitter: obuza-ba

Post by Jess »

I actually have plenty mods installed... I remember sharing it here somewhere but I don't mind doing it again. 🤔 Also mentioned my opinion that EffectsUI only actually useful in raid, and maybe tanking... and still find calling it "must have" is, well, arguable.
mods.jpg
mods.jpg (24.81 KiB) Viewed 2917 times

You know, I generally was against using mods before this game. Because 200 hours of gameplay can be done on native GUI fine. 1k becomes... troublesome. I found I really, really need fast builds buttons, also having saved clothes sets. After that everything else just... happened. (: Because if you have one mod, why not more? All things make game tiny bit more pleasant. Though I don't find fun to remove game mechanics like AutoRepair does. Speedrun is just for fun and to mock Leogrim when I manage to beat his time. 💪 Also LairTracker is really great for New Dawn. But we will need to decide on two people to gather things before each lair. :P
"One must suffer from absolute blindness to freely pour the milk of human kindness."
riflapotetflak
Leader

Post by riflapotetflak »

to be clear, I am not trying to do a guide. I was supposed to remind someone to put together a workshop so we can teach it to people :)
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Sigh, that would probably be me then or Sam. I'll talk to him tonight about doing a workshop.
riflapotetflak
Leader

Post by riflapotetflak »

I think it was Sam that told me. Not sure
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Yep, talked to Sam. He remembers that you talked about it. He will set up a workshop soon.