New war, new enemies, new adventure (Furiek's beginning)

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
MechanicalJackal

New war, new enemies, new adventure (Furiek's beginning)

Post by MechanicalJackal »

Sitting down, for a moment, it can be...difficult, to remember everything. it's been a couple weeks now, on a new front line, fighting a new, more dangerous set of enemies, for a new family, whom I already feel immensely loyal to. More loyal to, certainly, than the country that abruptly discharged me and left me to my own devices (with a decent package) after 4 tours in a certain Mid-East country, fighting a war I didn't want to be in. Actually, that's probably where best to begin, since that's when the bizarre dream (caused by a magical bee, or so I'm told) occurred, and when I got my powers. I still remember it too; two humanoid shapes, one dark, one light, telling me some cryptic warning about the rising darkness. the rest, is muddled. I'd been home a month after return and discharge, still wondering what I was going to do. I'd thought about working as a contractor, but aside from good wages, there was not much other appeal. Then somebody decided to answer my dilemma, with a bee.
Getting used to magic was weird, although I did get the hang of it...after accidentally trashing my apartment. turns out, it really IS all in the wrist, who knew? Anyway, in a weird sense of timing, a woman, well dressed, with a northern European accent I couldn't quite place laid out a chunk of the situation I have been forced into, and handed me a letter, and finally dropped the name of the organization as she was leaving. The Templars. I've heard of the Templars, of course. I mean, who hasn't? I just didn't think they were still around. But hearing that they were not only surviving, but thriving? loyal to each other to the destruction of darkness and the evil forces within it? I couldn't help but smile after I closed the door. I had finally found my war. A war, truly worth fighting, under the banner of people with the same ideals as me. I don't think I've ever headed to the airport so quickly.
The flight to London was uneventful, as was the drive to the area specified in the letter. after a surly greeting from a police woman in a trench coat, who seems to be aware of us, I got directed in, and met my new boss, whom I admit I found interesting from the get-go. Did some quick training (not having to reload my rifle? F***ing sweet!), and then headed into the world tree paths, which was a trip too. nobody warned me about what that seed does to us though; I found that out the hard way.
Yep, I'm that guy. I'm the rookie, who sets a fire trap, gets set on fire by the enemies caught in the trap, and gets mauled to death by zombies before even making it to the main survivor camp. 4 tours, and that's how I die. great. Imagine my surprise then, when I find myself at an anima point, able to walk back to my corpse, and simply spring back to life. That's when I realize, that I am dead, truly. Jason Edwards died the night he swallowed the bee. But born from that, was me, as I am now. Furiek. Slayer of monsters, soldier of the Templars, recruit of the 9 swords cabal. It was nice to see a familiar face though. I knew Duality Jack before entering the secret world, but it is nice to have a friend help me navigate the rather convoluted and dangerous new world I have found myself in. And someone to crack terrible in-jokes with, like "my friend's out hunting Elder Gods, and what do I get? Zombie duty", that kind of thing. yeah yeah, it's corny, but it helps pass the time while destroying the forces of darkness. Visiting Innsmouth and Kingsmouth has been interesting (read Lovecraft during downtime on deployment), and I bagged my first Windego last week, which felt pretty good. I'm keen to see where this war will take me next. Already died more times than any man should, trying to defend territory against the dastardly Illuminati and the oddball Dragons, but it was oddly satisfying. I'm not sure when facing the hordes of darkness and other secret organizations became normal, but I can say one thing with certainty: I LIKE this war.
If you see me around London, particularly at the bar, feel free to have a seat and share a drink.
Helixia

Re: New war, new enemies, new adventure (Furiek's beginning)

Post by Helixia »

We are pleased to hear your adventures started in a very exciting manner. True, swallowing bees hardly seems like the ticket to greatness, but knowledge and power comes in small portions, and in the end you will be able to leave zombie duty behind and advance to more advanced extermination tasks.
And also we are welcoming new and enthusiastic recruits. Since you're a friend of Duality Jack this should be easy to do. You are invited to visit us at our Recruitment center so we can finish your paperwork and officially enlist you in Nine Swords :)