[DRABBLES] Floryn

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Re: [DRABBLES] Floryn

Post by Floryn »

The dim light of the lamppost flickered irregularly, making it seem as if Floryn could disappear into another dimension at any moment. Clearly somewhat uneasy, he checked his pockets again, making sure he took everything on the list and making sure none of it could be seen. Adjusting his military cap he knew wearing it was against regulations as outlined in the ‘Life before Lust’ syllabus. Then, there she was.

“Hi Floryn. Are you happy to see me or is that a mace cannister in your pants?” She giggled.

Damn, he knew he should have put that in his coat.
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division
Mellified

Post by Mellified »

It told you not to wear a hat! Templars know best. Nice one - nice to see the Drabbles influencing each other. :)
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

- The National Bloodbuzz Ohio
Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Floryn pushed the rewind button again. He had seen this part of the video several times now but he still couldn’t believe his eyes. Pushing the play button he somehow wondered if this time it would be different.

He watched the camera zoom in to the entrance of the big black pyramid. Floryn pushed the pause button and walked up to the t.v. to get a closer look of the pillar to the right of the entrance. There was no mistake about it. That was definitely her.

He wondered if he should call her now or wait till morning.
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Floryn

Post by Floryn »

“What do you like most about living in London?”

“The English breakfast for sure. The smell of bacon and scrambled eggs and the taste of sausages and baked beans in the morning is something I simply can’t resist. I absolutely love it.”

And what do you miss the most living here now?”

“Oh, the liquorice. Definitely the liquorice. I used to eat tons of that when I still lived in Holland. Not the salty ones though, only the soft, sweet kind.”

“Aha, okay. So food seems to play an important part in your life. How do you feel about tacos?”

LeMort
Twitter: lemortieth

Post by LeMort »

Salute
Sleeping Pills
Taxi
Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Today's drabble is in celebration of John Lennon's 75th birthday.

The door of the Roman Wail Records shop was always open. They were known to have a good selection of LPs. Every time Floryn had saved up enough money he would go here. He had started with The Beatles’ first LP, ‘Please Please Me’, and worked his way up to ‘Abbey Road’. He then bought ‘McCartney’ and worked his way up to ‘New’. He was now anxious to finish the third series.

Floryn slowly browsed through the records he had come to know so well in the past months until he came to his goal for today, ‘Milk and Honey’.
Milk and Honey.jpg
Milk and Honey.jpg (28.28 KiB) Viewed 4141 times

Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Floryn stared at the little bottle of sleeping pills. One of these pills always helped him get a good night’s rest. No nightmares, no worries. He wondered what it would be like taking more of these at once. No more nightmares, no more worries. Ever. He wondered how many he would have to take to stop it all. The killing, the strain, the endless missions. Even the dating. Floryn longed for some peace of mind.

“Hey there, Floryn. Sleeping it off in the park, hey?”

The warm glow of the anima well depressed Floryn like never before. There was no escape.

Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Floryn ignored his usual seat and lay down on the sofa. His hands folded on his stomach. He liked to watch the ceiling of the Rasa. Drown in its glitter. To close his eyes for a moment and then to open them and wonder what he saw first, the bright lights of the stars or the darkness surrounding them. He watched the cubes doing their dance across the Rasa’s night’s sky. Resistance is futile.

“Hey there Floryn. What’s this? Not in your usual seat?”

Floryn closed his eyes and sighed deeply. He programmed himself: “Act three, evening. Enter happy Floryn.”

Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Taxi!”

“Taxi!”

“Goodmorning, sir. Where to?”

“St. Paul’s. please.”

“St. Paul’s? You know I can’t take you there. That’s outside of the restricted zone.”

“Come on, man. Do me a favour. Here.”

“Whoa, that’s a whole lot of PAX!”

“It’s all I got. I need to get away from here.”

“I’m sorry. Even if I wanted to, and with this amount of PAX I do really want to, the police wouldn’t let me pass.”

Floryn closed his eyes for a moment and sighed deeply. “Okay, then. Take me to the Tabula Rasa, please.”

“Ehm, that’s where we are now, sir.”

LeMort
Twitter: lemortieth

Post by LeMort »

Nice taste in music :-)

Ambient
Virtual
gapless

LeM:)rt