[DRABBLES] Mellified

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Mellified

[DRABBLES] Mellified

Post by Mellified »

Drabble information can be found here: https://www.nine-swords.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7786

Open:
Device, Jet lag, Manhattan, Clubhouse

Done:
Ocean, burrito, pet, London, werewolf, speed, airplane, shoes, movies, orange, office, Java, drab, Windows, Octopus, corn, man-purse, chapel, shadows, away, party, Vermont, molar, gauge, Oswald, curtain, superglue, bobcat (from my daughter!), sovereignty, serendipity, transparent, transit, tent, jacket, drained, coffee-mug, bestiary, onion, photosynthesis, lemon, aeipathy, composing, end, marathon, VoIP, cough, search, return, swimming pool, designer, physiotherapy, metal detector, penthouse, security, diaphragm, fertiliser, shelter
Last edited by Mellified on Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 76 times in total.
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

- The National Bloodbuzz Ohio
Aberlour
SWL Community

Re: [DRABBLES] Mellified

Post by Aberlour »

Burrito
Werewolf
Ocean
Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Post by Floryn »

pet
London
speed
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division
Mellified

Post by Mellified »

Her stomach was on fire. Waves of convulsions lanced through her body. Sweat oozed from all her pores. She tried to remember her training techniques to keep the pain at bay, but she flopped like a wet paper bag on a stormy night and so gave up.

Why had she not taken the main street? Why did she have to take that detour through the dimly lit side-streets? Why had she followed Aberlour’s recommendation? She lay on her side and voided from both ends.

‘If I survive this’ she promised herself ‘I will never, ever eat a cheap burrito again.’
Last edited by Mellified on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

She hates this standard-issue Templar motorbike. Noisy, dirty and lumbering. No finesse.

“It will be invaluable for getting to crisis points.” barks Durendal “Go and practice in Kaidan.”

So she does, and loathes it even more. She spots a filth creature, guns the bike, and it takes refuge in a gap under the containers – just enough for a bike to fit. A plan begins to form.

She takes a long run up heading for the gap and crashes into it. At this speed she is killed instantly. The bike kills the filth creature and the container kills the bike.

Result.
Last edited by Mellified on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

London.

Zoom in.

Kensington Palace Gardens.

Zoom more.

Mellified’s on the roof of a house in the street where they cost over £40 million. Each.

Zoom closer.

In her hands a sniper rifle, and in her sights one of the world’s richest men.

Zoom tighter.

In his hands a briefcase with plans for yet another corporate tax avoidance scheme or another banking scam or another company profit-skim.

Zoom maximum.

She sighs and squeezes the trigger.

The werewolf coming out of nowhere is one-shotted.

She mutters “Werewolves of London” and contemplates the consequences if she had ‘forgotten’ to load silver bullets.
Last edited by Mellified on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

The little cat watches the woman-with-the-dark-hair fighting with the dogs-that-are-not-dogs and that smell of smoke. The little cat had been hiding from the dogs-that-are-not-dogs when he was trapped by a falling crate. He remembers when he had been a pet with a home and been cared for and happy. No longer, since the blackness came.

The woman-with-the-dark-hair kills all the dogs-that-are-not-dogs and then strides towards to him. She stops as if wondering what to do. The little cat closes his eyes and waits. The crate is lifted off and he is taken gently in her arms.

He is home again.
Last edited by Mellified on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

You need more words!

Movies
Airplane
Shoes
Mellified

Post by Mellified »

She slipped away from the beach barbecue when the smell of roasting meat got too much. Something drew her strongly East and she found herself alone with the ocean in a deserted cove.

Stumbling on rocks she found a cache of small polished stones hidden in a cleft. Wheedling them out she had a waking vision of the community that had settled here thousands of years ago. Attracted by the good hunting, fishing and farming; finally with time to make and appreciate beauty.

She put one in her pocket, unaware of the dark shape gliding through the shallows. Hunting her.
Last edited by Mellified on Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

“If an airplane crashes in a forest, who can hear the screams, my cakey cup?” Daimon Kiyota is under a pachinko machine with nail clippers in his hands. Mellified is crouching, utterly bemused.

“You asked about goodies and baddies. They are both the other slice of the reality pie, little bumping belly jean. Green with white stripes. White with green stripes. Wavy party duality.”

He uses his clippers once and emerges with a slab of C4. He casually tosses it over his shoulder into a waste basket. Two wires trail from it. Green with white stripes. White with green stripes.
Last edited by Mellified on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees