Competition: The Amazing Race in Dark Agartha

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Phanth
Leader

Post by Phanth »

Deadline extended to July 4th (American Independence Day!) All entry will receive 50k MoF (Winner prizes already claimed)

WINNERS:

Speed-Master: Yuriksha (100k MoF)
Frearless: Durendal (100k MoF)
Guide-Master: Katelin (100k MoF)

Concept: Show us your build and record your run through Dark Agartha. Event ends 30 June and 3 winners will be selected based on the categories below. Each winner will be awarded 100k MoF! For simplicity, I will be the judge of all entries. Enter as many categories as you like. You can enter multiple categories in one video, or separately. Good luck and happy racing!

Last minute change: ALL ENTRY WILL RECEIVE 50k MoF if not chosen as one of the winners

1. Speed-Master: Fastest time to arrival at Gate Keeper's platform. Run it at your max Elite level or 3 levels below your max (i.e. if your max is E9, you can run it at E6)

2. Fearless: Run DA at your most challenging Elite level, kill the Gate Keeper before time runs out!

3. Guide-Master: Make the best video with text/talk commentary to guide players for the best chance to succeed in DA runs

Entry sample:
Category: Speed-Master
Gears: See video (You may list yours here instead if you want)
Phanth-2019-06-01-22-18-15.jpg
Phanth-2019-06-01-22-18-15.jpg (97.91 KiB) Viewed 11799 times
Phanth-2019-04-12-14-23-35.jpg
Phanth-2019-04-12-14-23-35.jpg (65.17 KiB) Viewed 11800 times
Video:
https://youtu.be/dKjHgExuf50
Jess
Division Member
Twitter: obuza-ba

Re: Competition: The Amazing Race in Dark Agartha

Post by Jess »

I need 10-12 min to do e10. OTZ Depends on having long branch day and some bosses being, uh, harder, like this oni two days ago. No 5 min runs for me in any near future.
I'm curious how are you going to judge Fearless. 🤔 Check who had it worse yet managed to finish? :D
"One must suffer from absolute blindness to freely pour the milk of human kindness."
Phanth
Leader

Post by Phanth »

Jess wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:23 am I need 10-12 min to do e10. OTZ Depends on having long branch day and some bosses being, uh, harder, like this oni two days ago. No 5 min runs for me in any near future.
I'm curious how are you going to judge Fearless. 🤔 Check who had it worse yet managed to finish? :D
I can't give out all my judging criteria as they're in development and rather fluid...but you got the right idea!

Hopefully you remember to turn on your recorder each run until you achieve your goal. You have until the end of the month so you have multiple tries.
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

I consider this to be a fearless run, as I'm finishing E10 with slightly below 1k IP, with one death and a few minutes left on the clock. :lol: The character sheet was taken a few days later, but I don't think there were any changes compared to the time of the run before our living room redoing project. I changed the anima allocation to 85% Damage 15% Survivability at the start of the run, which is reflected in the character sheet.
Durendal RE preview.PNG
Durendal RE preview.PNG (370.22 KiB) Viewed 11619 times
Durendal_RE_charsheet.PNG
Durendal_RE_charsheet.PNG (385.34 KiB) Viewed 11619 times
Jess
Division Member
Twitter: obuza-ba

Post by Jess »

I want to do a guide but not really sure I'll be able to do it in time. And I hoped to get more fights with certain abilities but in these three weeks there weren't many somehow. :| Then I'm sure OK not having any prizes for this and just do OK guide. 🤔
"One must suffer from absolute blindness to freely pour the milk of human kindness."
Phanth
Leader

Post by Phanth »

Jess wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:12 am I want to do a guide but not really sure I'll be able to do it in time. And I hoped to get more fights with certain abilities but in these three weeks there weren't many somehow. :| Then I'm sure OK not having any prizes for this and just do OK guide. 🤔
Since there's no entry yet for guides, you could get it started and post what you have by 30Jun, collect the prize for 1 and only entry, and update it later :D
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

My video is uploading.. may finish by the deadline :p
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Dark Agartha
An Observation

By Katelin

If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
Tazetta

Post by Tazetta »

Katelin wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:25 pm Dark Agartha
An Observation
By Katelin
Dark Agartha video
Two Observations
By Tazetta

1. When I watched it last night on youtube it had 2 views :shock: - and mine was probably one of them - so I single-handedly doubled your ratings! (You're welcome...)
2. It must be so long since I heard you on voice chat I barely recognized your voice - were you using your special posh broadcast voice ? ;)
I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just too good...
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

1. Thank you. I will never forget my fans <3

2. It was my real voice. I was reading what to say though - so perhaps that's why it sounds like a broadcaster voice and not my Nottingham / Norwich mixed up accent :p I also didn't swear in it I think.. so I agree.. totally doesn't sound like potty mouthed me.