[RP]On a Barren Shore: 9S Anniversary Event

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Yuriksha
Leader

[RP]On a Barren Shore: 9S Anniversary Event

Post by Yuriksha »

An agent of the Nine Swords has gone missing. Now a lead has popped up, and you must find them - and find out where they've been.

((This is a light RP event coming with (well, slightly before) the Nine Swords Anniversary. If you are new to RP, don't sweat it, just do and say what you think your character would do. Completion of 'Mortal Sins' is... strongly recommended.

Signup is not necessary, but I would appreciate knowing if you're planning to come so I know what numbers of people I'm working with.

Time: 1800 UTC on Saturday, 19th June, 2021
Location: The entrance to 'the vault', situated between Pangaea and Temple Square (it's the big door flanked by police that we have no idea what it's for. Well, today it's for this!)

Contact: Martyr-Complex (alt of Yuriksha. Before the event begins, contact Yuriksha) ))

https://www.nine-swords.com/events/even ... y-rp-event
Attachments
on-a-barren-shore.jpg
on-a-barren-shore.jpg (524.9 KiB) Viewed 947 times
Razorgrin
Twitter: @magusferox

Re: [RP]On a Barren Shore: 9S Anniversary Event

Post by Razorgrin »

I wanna play! :D :D :D
:twisted:
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

I am planning on attending!
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Saunabath
Leader

Post by Saunabath »

Sign me up
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

Thanks Kate, Razorgrin, Balam, Saunabath, Willow, and all else who came out or remotely participated. It was good fun!

We will post the chat log and screenshots soon. But! If you wanted to participate and weren't able to come, please let me know here in the next 24 hours, and we'll refrain from posting spoilers until we can run a reprise. Otherwise, we'll have the rundown up Monday.

PS Considering a sort of anniversary bookend event in a few weeks where we can get a broader range of us out in the field.
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

OK, here is the edited log of the event.

[20:06] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: On the hour, you have arrived at the Hall as requested in the communique you received on your phones a short time ago.
[20:07] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: This communique was sent on Yuriksha's code and authority. However, another Sword emerges from the great doors to greet you.
[20:07] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "Good, you're here."
[20:08] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: She looks and quickly greets each of you in turn.
[20:09] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "You know me as agent Martyr-Complex. But today, you can regard me as the same as Yuriksha and am acting in her capacity."
[20:09] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "After all, we have contacts... everywhere."
[20:11] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: "Howdy Not-Yuriksha, I'm Razorgrin, nice to meetcha!" Razor waves cheerily despite the cloak-and-dagger mood.

[20:11] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "Indeed. Your presence and cooperation are valued, Razorgrin. I look forward to working with you as well as the others with whom I'm more familiar."

[20:12] Razorgrin claps excitedly for Martyr-Complex.
[20:12] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "If you will accompany me..." She gestures through the great doors.

[20:14] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: She shows you to a small room inside the complex, which appears to have soundproofing on all surfaces, as well as a table.

[20:15] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: unless there dj equipment in the soundproofed room, I think Ill stay out here

[20:16] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "We usually have training voiceovers recorded here, but of course the primary purpose is secret briefings. As you no doubt guess, it's also a Faraday cage."
[20:16] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: What's the matter, Willow? Spooked by a lil bit of sensory deprivation? *Razor grins*
[20:17] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "I promise we will keep the uncomfortable echo-less experience to the briefest minimum."
[20:17] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Careful with your bright sprint in there then, Spetz - it blocks electromagnetic fields... don't get zapped.

[20:18] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "If any remain outside, I guess the others will have to catch them up in-field, should they choose to move forward with the team."
[20:18] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: Balam wends her way inside with inscrutable expression and hands tucked into her pocket. "Are you worried about surveillance then? We are barely five steps from Templar HQ, at that."

[20:20] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "We are. I'm sorry to say that sometimes not all within Temple Hall see things the same way. But also other forces keep a close ear on this entire district."
[20:20] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Like what?
[20:22] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "Well, we can go straight to the usual suspects, Illuminati, Dragons, Phoenicians, the Corporation. I know you understand me wanting to keep this to Just Us."
[20:22] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: Once we are settled and the door closed, she begins the briefing.
[20:23] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: You are aware we are not only Templar here today, though. Correct?
[20:23] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "I am. Today we are Swords before... other things. As you are aware that I am not Templar."
[20:24] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Right. *Katelin makes a confused crumpled look on her face
[20:25] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Just pretend you're playing a funny prank on Sonnac, Kate. It'll be okay. *smiles*
[20:25] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: Akiko gets a bit of a frustrated look herself. "I can see that my choice of venue does not instill confidence in you all. I apologize."
[20:25] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "The pattern weaves what it will; this venue is no better than any other in this district, nor worse."
[20:26] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Venue don't matter much to me, we're all here. So... what's the business?
[20:27] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "Indeed. One of our number has gone missing in recent days. They were investigating a location in Eastern Europe, Romania. While there, their phone went completely offline."

[20:28] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "Conventional GPS and Agarthanet turned up nothing."
[20:28] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Hoo. That's no bueno.
[20:28] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "That's rare with the tracking algorithms currently in employ."
[20:28] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "Indeed. Our worry over the agent going incommunicado has been considerable."
[20:28] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Did the Blajini already get involved? Those little guys are everywhere out there.
[20:29] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: Which location were they looking at?
[20:29] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "Gaining their trust may be useful. However, I think they avoid this particular location... a former Red Hand research facility."
[20:30] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Oh. Oh no...
[20:30] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: in the Fangs?
[20:30] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: ah, that sounds not good
[20:30] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "However, some of your work will be made considerably easier, because the phone has sent a ping, not more than two hours ago."
[20:30] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Not that I have ever been there, but all the research indicates unpleasantness of the highest order."
[20:31] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: "Yeah those places have a reputation. Anyone can get lost in there."
[20:31] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Just like in Mr. Arclight's pants, I hear."
[20:32] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: "Or anything, for that matter."
[20:32] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: *coughs*
[20:32] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *Razor glances around at his cohorts* So uh-- wait what?
[20:32] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *peers at Balam and grins*
[20:33] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *ahem* Anyway, so-- we go in armed for bear, or what?
[20:33] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "I think Katelin may be trying to draw your attention...?"
[20:33] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: No I was.. it doesnt matter. Please continue.

[20:34] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "Possibly to something I said earlier? Yes, we have a ping location. It is located some miles from the site they went missing, deeper into the mountains."

[20:35] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "The location was 1216, 667. More confusing was the following: '8'. This suggests they may be deep underground. Corroborated by the weakness of the signal."
[20:35] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: Balam looks stoically forward. "I do still have a million reports to get to so by your leave? I'll mind the house whilst you retrieve our agent."
[20:36] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Mountains near the red hand facility. I guess those of us that can get there should suit up then.
[20:36] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: Akiko nods. "Leave is granted."
[20:36] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Balam, do not go anywhere far - we may need you to send out a rescue party.
[20:36] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "As you say, ma'am."
[20:37] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: What, don't want to come along and investigate my pants, Balam? *winks*
[20:37] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "I'll admit that I myself am not permitted in the Zone."
[20:37] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Are we going Bee-express?
[20:38] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "There's nothing in your pants that interest me, Mr. Arclight... or out of them."
[20:38] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Natürlich. I can't even fly on a plane anymore, I'd puke.

[20:38] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Weird how the body adjusts to teleportation but can't handle jet lag

[20:38] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Ok, please wait for my signal
[20:38] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Willow.. put some sensible shoes on
[20:38] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "Yes, any means of getting there are authorized. You primary mission is the safe retrieval of the agent. Secondarily, any intelligence or telemetry they were carrying."
[20:39] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "I'll handle logistics and communication from HQ, should there be a need."
[20:39] [#BarrenShore] [*Martyr-Complex]: "Your service is appreciated. We will keep monitor on the situation as it unfolds."

[20:39] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Ok team, those who can reach me - please lock onto my signal

[20:41] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Sauna, are you having difficulties?
[20:41] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Anyone good at map reading? She said the last pinged location was 1216, 667.

[20:42] Razorgrin pops in some earbuds and starts jamming while waiting for the rest of the team.
[20:42] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Great, you made it in one piece

[20:43] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: According to my map, we need to be nowhere near this bunker

[20:43] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Pffahaha
[20:44] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Kate did you have the map upside down? *grins toothily*
[20:44] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: No, just Martyr-Complex mentioned the bunker
[20:44] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: so do we want to aim for the road north or south of those mountains?
[20:44] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Yeah, the coordinates are definitely not a bunker. That's a burned out old monastery.
[20:45] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Katelin, your phone rings.
[20:45] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: *answers the phone* What?
[20:45] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Love the way she answers phones. Heheh.
[20:45] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: *speaks to the team* Honestly, people should know when one is busy
[20:46] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: It's Martyr-Complex. "Apologies, but Agarthanet is reading you a considerable distance northeast of the location. You are close to where they went missing..."
[20:46] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Ok, thank you
[20:46] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "But the elevation of the ping is a great deal higher."
[20:46] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Understood
[20:47] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: I think its here
[20:47] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Yeah not so understood, Razor no brainy. What, were they flying?
[20:47] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: found a phone
[20:47] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Is it safe for us to ping to you, Willow?
[20:47] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Ooh, on the way to you Willow
[20:47] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: yes

[20:48] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Ohhh that's gross
[20:48] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Dude is very, very dead.
[20:48] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: This is not our guy, or?
[20:48] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Is there a video feed?"
[20:49] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: I can describe it to you
[20:49] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: We are stood on a river bank, there is a tree.. it is gnarly and without leaves or life
[20:49] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Including the soul who is hanging from the tree.
[20:49] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: There is a raven perched on the branch over his head
[20:50] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: The guy cannot have been here long, no bird shit on him
[20:50] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Yknow... now that I think of it, we didn't bother to ask WHO the agent was that was missing. Gender, identifying features, nothin'. Just rolled out like a buncha cowboys, ahaha.
[20:50] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: haha good point
[20:50] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: *hands Razor my phone*
[20:50] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: "I thought we were looking for Yuriksha."
[20:51] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Here, the number Martyr called me from wasnt blocked - call
[20:51] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *calls it*
[20:51] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Ring ring ring ring banana phoooone...
[20:51] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Martyr-Complex answers. "Hello? I guess that I wasn't specific enough."
[20:52] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: "Ah... no. More hints?"
[20:52] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "The ping is a lot higher. Above the snow line at this time of year."
[20:52] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Deep in the Carpathians."
[20:52] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: A lot higher, she says. Anybody know how to fly?
[20:53] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Oh lawd, we're in the farmlands.
[20:53] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Wrong location?
[20:54] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "I think you're catching on now."
[20:54] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Alright let me try, I'm gonna bamph to the Fangs.
[20:54] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Just a mo'
[20:55] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Alright, bring it in ladies
[20:55] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Hold on, I'm handing you over to Balam."
[20:55] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: One Orochi-occupied Red Hand bunker, as requested
[20:55] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Orochi, you say?"
[20:55] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Aye
[20:56] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Recognize that pointy butthole symbol anywhere.
[20:56] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "There is considerable Orochi activity in the area. She can get their eyes off you while you infiltrate the site."
[20:56] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Let me see what I can do regarding their electronic surveillance. If you'd stand still for a moment..."
[20:57] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Hang on, I may have been awful at map reading the first time.. but what were those coordinates?
[20:57] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *wiggles a bit just to be a shit*
[20:57] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: 1216,667
[20:58] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: Balam works quietly for a few moments before a nearby drone starts to wiggle, then moves in a subtly different flight path. "There. See that?"
[20:59] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: WILLOW What the heck
[20:59] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "I'm piggybacking off your uplink signal, and ... hello. Please check your phones, people." She establishes a link there, between the drone and screen, and shows the area.
[20:59] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Willow, are you ok?
[20:59] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: On the nearest phone screen you see a rather tall structure with steel stairs and gantries, a conveyer belt... a misshapen form lumbers across the view ."
[21:00] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Yes, but I just saw Willow fall into the breach
[21:00] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Coords put us on the other side of the Breach
[21:00] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: yeah im good. just wanted to go to the coords
[21:00] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: ok, scared me

[21:00] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Please try not to die. The resultant forms are numerous, and the bees get unhappy."
[21:01] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: this is it, Swords
[21:01] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Big honkin sea of stars
[21:01] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: above us there a truch with a computer
[21:02] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: "This is the place where the agent went missing?"
21:02] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Strange is the night where black stars rise, And strange moons circle through the skies But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.
[21:02] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Maybe we should follow Willow

[21:03] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Ah. More spiky buttholes.
[21:03] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Song of my soul, my voice is dead, Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa. But do be careful, there are more of those big mothers out there."

[21:05] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: stop Razor
[21:05] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "You two know your Cassilda."
[21:05] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: I saw something
[21:05] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Huh?
[21:05] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Sauna, where are you?
[21:06] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "I'll send the drone in a little deeper if you need."
[21:06] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Yuri...
[21:06] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: You come down to rocks to the breach to see a figure lying prone in cosmonaut suit.
[21:07] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *pokes a boot* Helloooo...?
[21:07] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: The pumps of the life support wheeze every so often, so air exchange continues to work.
[21:07] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: The face is concealed from view by the helmet.
[21:08] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Is it possible to remove the helmet safely?
[21:08] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *tentatively grabs an ankle and gives it a shake*
[21:08] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: the air here should be safe for any of our agents
[21:08] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Yes
[21:08] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: You want me to take off the helmet...? *Razor asks, since he's closest. Sounds really uncertain, though*
[21:09] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Yes, but be careful
[21:09] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: The sealing mechanism is not terribly difficult to figure out,
[21:09] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Hokie dokie artichokey...
[21:09] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Here we go...
[21:09] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: Might as well.
[21:09] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *leans in, carefully pops open the helm*
[21:09] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Please try not to inhale possible pathogens."
[21:09] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Oh thank god, it's not a skeleton

[21:10] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Hey. Heeeeyy.... *is patting Yuri's cheek at varying speeds*
[21:10] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: That's Yuri alright
[21:10] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Breathing is shallow but regular, about six times a minute.
[21:10] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: My goodness, how did she get here?
[21:10] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: Or sure looks like her at least
[21:11] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Should I do CPR? *grins stupidly*
[21:11] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Dont those suits usually have a stats monitor built into the sleeve?
[21:11] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Check if it is working, would show her vitals
[21:12] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "The signal attenuation to get to you is extreme, so it's no wonder her phone didn't have a lot of power to punch out through the n-rad radiation I am picking up there."
[21:12] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: check pulse, checking for PERL, checking BP
[21:12] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Maybe we can spare her from cpr from you
[21:12] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Aww
[21:12] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: Let's move her away from the cliff before anything. I dont think anybody wants to fall into that. "Laurell points down to the hole in the reality."
[21:12] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Pulse is also regular. Blood pressure a little on the low side, but who can say what's normal for her?
[21:13] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: One limb each then? Carefully
[21:13] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Right, so uh... unless any of us have any hope of waking her up, guess I'm hauling her back over my shoulder?
[21:13] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: or that works
[21:13] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: But be careful

[21:14] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *Razor hauls Yuri up onto his shoulder in a fireman's carry*
[21:15] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Ehhh. There we go, further away from the ledge at least.
[21:15] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Quite a lot of enemies around here though
[21:15] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Upon getting farther from the rift, the breathing pattern changes slightly. It's a little quicker.
[21:15] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Uh. Is that bad?
[21:15] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: She might be stirring.
[21:15] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: CPR time?
[21:15] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *eyebrow waggle*

[21:16] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: Lets get her out of this rift and near the well
[21:16] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: She's breathing and her heart is beating. Maybe keep your habds for yourself just for a moment.
[21:17] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Her head lifts a little. "Argh...."
[21:17] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *holds his hands up defensively*
[21:17] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Shall I arrange for pick-up in Agartha? I can have one of the on-call specialists ready."
[21:17] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: She Argh'd!
[21:17] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Likely a good idea, the conditions here are not ideal
[21:17] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: The eyes flutter open, wincing at even the dim light.
[21:18] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Where am I? This bed feels like a rock."
[21:18] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Hey, welcome to the land of the living *smiles*
[21:18] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: It is a rock, not a bed
[21:19] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: "Hey Yuri. How're you feeling?"
[21:19] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: She tries to come to a sitting position.
[21:19] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "My head's killing me."
[21:19] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: we're in the rift in CF. You went MIA. We came looking for you
[21:19] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: She looks around. "I feel like..."
[21:20] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: And not a one of us likely thought to bring any Tylenol.
[21:20] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: or anything useful for that matter
[21:20] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Like I've been dreaming... a long time..."
[21:20] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: What did you dream?
[21:20] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: *garbled spicy Korean cursing sounds*
[21:21] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: She shakes her head. "All I remember are... I think... stars. So many stars."
[21:21] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: "Oh right, here" Laurell pulls a small bottle of water from her jacket.
[21:21] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Thanks."
[21:21] Yuriksha takes a drink.
[21:22] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Jojdwaess-eo... Orochi is testing my patience."
[21:22] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "They're trying to back-hack my signal. Damn script kiddies, I'll show you what a Korean can do!"
[21:22] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: So you're all hearing this Korean from your phones. But nothing from Yuri's phone. (not that she was on the call)
[21:23] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Her phone is not in evidence.
[21:23] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: Hmm...
[21:23] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: What was that?
[21:24] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: What was the last thing you remember?
[21:24] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: Hey Balam, keep an eye out for any Orochi people showing up nearby. Or anyone else.
[21:24] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Michin saeggi, who set up this firewall? Ah... everyone, I hate to disturb, do accept my apologies, but they're starting electronic counter-measures."
[21:25] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "I need to go teach someone a lesson. I'll have the Tylenol ready when you get to Agartha."
[21:25] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "I... stop! Stop, okay, hold on, there's a phone!"
[21:26] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Where?
[21:26] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "I remember..." She closes her eyes and her hands make movements like... like she's working controls on an aircraft
[21:26] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Somewhere high up, near a hulking form, I think I'm getting a weak ping from it."
[21:26] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Top of the tower?
[21:26] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "What's going on? Is there a..." She pats herself down. "Where's my phone?"
[21:27] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "I... think so? Very high up on the gantries. It's all just confusing images, they're starting to fight hard..."
[21:27] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Let me go take a look, be right back. *pats Yuri and stands*
[21:27] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: did you fall from above where you were laying? theres controls up there
[21:27] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Sigh. It must've gotten separated, landed where they could notice it."

[21:29] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Killed it
[21:30] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: On a nearby table full of Orochi gadgets you find the phone.
[21:30] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Aha! Found the phone.
[21:31] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Great! Like any secret agent's phone, though, you can't unlock it.
[21:31] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: I'll bring it back down to you, Yuri
[21:31] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "I'm going to have to drop the link or decoy them into our black ice,,, you're on your own for now." More Korean cursing, increasinly spicy.
[21:31] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Thanks. Maybe I can get in on this conference call."
[21:31] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Love a lady with an accent, heheh...
[21:32] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: She unlocks it and starts looking through it. She gets a confused look. "What in the..."
[21:32] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: what do you see?!
[21:32] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *scoots over to peer over Yuri's shoulder*
[21:33] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: Listen. If Balam is losing camera feed of us, I suggest we get out of this tunnel. Can you walk Yuri?
[21:33] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Wolf 357, HIP 95632...Pegasi Sector IX-T c3-28... Formalhaut? What the hell is all this?"
[21:34] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Stars
[21:34] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: She looks up, finally nods. "Yeah, let's get up to some open air.
[21:34] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Luckily, I haven't lost my sidearm. Let's go"
[21:35] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Yeah, the container should give us a ramp up."
[21:35] Yuriksha waves at Yuriksha.
[21:35] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: Sizzling, scratchy sounds come over Balam's phone, a whisper of white noise anger, a hiss of pain.
[21:36] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Whups
[21:36] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Kinda died a lil bit, it's okay
[21:36] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "More of them... but at least they're all the right color. Earth..."
[21:37] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Let's see what else I can find here... the oldest entry..."
[21:37] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "It's in Russian."
[21:38] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: But yeah, those were all star names. Wolf 359 is a red dwarf star near the Leo constellation.
[21:38] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Basically, Sol 3. And... Facility 9. The last sort of clear memory I have. Other than the stars."
[21:39] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Are we... we're not pretending to be friends with Orochi right at this moment, correct?"
[21:39] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Orochi dont usually live long enough to be friends with them

[21:39] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Yuri seems to overhear. "No, we're not."
[21:40] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Shall we move out?

[21:40] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Well, to find out where I've been, or how I got there, we may have to go back to the beginning. Facility 9."
[21:40] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "I had to send them a special little package to get them off your tracks. Be advised though, the milli-sieverts are getting to bee level transpersion."

[21:41] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: That's where we started, right?
[21:41] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: in the Farmlands?
[21:41] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "We're evac'ing now. But, given authorisation, we might do a little more digging..." She looks to Katelin.
[21:41] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Where is Facility 9? Facility 10 is here
[21:41] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: Facility 9. That's near Harbaburesti isn't it?
[21:42] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: You are likely correct Sauna, want to lead us over there?
[21:42] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "If you guys can link me up, I'd like to go with."
[21:43] No chat command or script named "raidcreate" available.
[21:43] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: I can do that. Do you want to head to the bunker then?
[21:43] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Sounds like that is where we need to go
[21:43] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Yuri nods.
[21:43] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Bamph!
[21:44] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: In position, ready for meetup

[21:45] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Forgot my umbrella, rubbish weather here

[21:45] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Man, it's... well it's not hot but it is warmer here."
[21:46] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Gimme a moment."
[21:46] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Somethin' bout wet leather and rain, I feel like a reject from a Constantine comic.
[21:46] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: Here we are. I had to hunt down a golem once near the observatory.
[21:46] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Yuri looks up past the truck toward the bunker. Yeah, I remember that for sure.
[21:46] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *shakes the damp from his coat collar*

[21:46] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Let's get inside."

[21:48] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "It's on repeat. the same old thing."

[21:51] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: So. Where to now?
[21:51] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Anima wells... it's always eerie, seeing such conflicting energies so close together."
[21:51] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Onward and downward."
[21:52] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: You think the WELL is the eerie bit?
[21:52] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: I was lookin at the dangling flesh hooks and the corpses.
[21:52] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Hehe. It's the reassuring one, you're right."
[21:52] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: These windows are filthy
[21:52] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Well, looks like we've got a squatter. Or... had one."
[21:52] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Wonder what these buttons do
[21:52] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: I did NOT consent
[21:53] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: See anything in the static?
[21:53] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "I wonder how many times I've been accepted... it feels like it's happened before, but..."
[21:54] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Uh. Glowy yellow lady...?
[21:54] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "A Gatekeeper...?"
[21:54] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: I've never seend a female one.
[21:55] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Overflowing with anima energy. Approach with caution. There can be too much of a good thing."
[21:55] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Likely smarter than the other guy.. unfortunately for us
[21:55] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Hooh, she bampf'd
[21:55] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: rope?
[21:55] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "...'lo? Hell...? Hello?"
[21:55] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: *deep breath*
[21:55] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: is now a bad time to mention I'm afraid of heights...?
[21:55] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: wings?
[21:55] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: I didnt hear the plop yet
[21:56] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: AHHHHHHH
[21:56] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *screaming*
[21:56] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Ahh-- oh.
[21:56] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Everyones ankles ok?
[21:56] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: The concrete, somewhat incongrously, shatters in a cloud of muddy dust. While we are unharmed.
[21:56] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: God I love bein a Bee!
[21:56] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: uh oh
[21:56] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: it saw me
[21:56] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Uh, that sounds big
[21:57] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: ruuunnnnn
[21:57] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: argh

[21:57] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: O-Ow..
[21:57] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Shall I have more than just Tylenol standing by?"
[21:57] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Affirmative. Whiskey.
[21:58] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: A kiss to make it all better.
[21:58] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: What Kate said
[21:58] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *waggles eyebrows at the phone even if Balam can't see it*
[21:58] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "The whiskey is doable, at least."
[21:58] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Stuck in a loop. Just like us, they die over and over..."
[21:59] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Oh ow
[22:00] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Nooo Sauna!
[22:02] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "It's not enough until I know where I went."
[22:02] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Where is Sauna?

[22:03] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "This doesn't feel right. This shouldn't be a jumping-off point, and yet..."
[22:04] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Hey I found her!
[22:04] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Oh what a relief

[22:04] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Yuri breathes a sigh of relief.
[22:04] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "I feared you'd been swallowed by the Filth."
[22:04] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *patpats Sauna*
[22:04] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Anima saves us again."
[22:05] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: They're not getting me that easily.
[22:05] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: That really hurt though

[22:06] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "These engines... to what purpose..."
[22:06] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Hey, what's this thing do? *pokes buttons*
[22:07] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Mind it doesnt zap your horns off

[22:11] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: ... what have they done?
[22:11] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: It is like a portal each side
[22:11] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "
[22:12] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: Some sort of... synthetic gatekeeper?
[22:12] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Sure looks that way
[22:12] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Can we persuade her to open the door? Is it even possible?"
[22:12] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: We could try by going down there to say hi...
[22:12] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Hope you mean the one to Agartha
[22:12] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Let me give it a shot...
[22:13] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *ahem* Excuse me, young glowy yellow lady...?
[22:13] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: NOPE SHE"S MAD
[22:13] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Oh yeah, she likes you
[22:13] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: YEEK
[22:13] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *screaming*
[22:14] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Razor, think you need dif.. ugh.. aaaaa
[22:14] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: I'm not comfortable either, lady
[22:14] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "I am guessing that his supposed animal magnetism didn't kick in?"
[22:14] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Thank Gaia
[22:14] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: It certainly didnt, we almost died
[22:14] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "What a strange echo, so long after we disabled it"
[22:15] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: But then there was a life line from Gaia herself
[22:15] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Yuri nods.
[22:15] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Seems She won't give up on us."
[22:15] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: OW
[22:15] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "I have the whiskey ready."
[22:15] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: How dare
[22:15] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Someone is going to need at least a double
[22:15] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "I feel like..."
[22:16] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Weeeee~
[22:16] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "The door opened. And I don't know how. Or why."
[22:16] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "I'll prepare the bottle, shall I?"
[22:16] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: "Well it won't let any of us in."
[22:16] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "And what have I got? A list of stars. A route. Maybe some astronomical data."
[22:16] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "And dreams."
[22:17] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "We can see if there's any more on the phone, perhaps hidden in the NAND memory."
[22:18] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Love it when she uses big words I don't understand
[22:18] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Yeah. Well, other than..." She stops and looks at the phone.
[22:18] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Or we try this one towards the light.. like a moth would.
[22:18] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "I think some of the data is being recontructed, like it's getting a singal from out there."
[22:18] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Give me a moment, then we'll bring this back to HQ."
[22:18] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "There. I think the download is done. Let's go."
[22:20] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: I think we got separated, are we meeting back in London?
[22:20] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Too cloudy here. Yeah, I'm coming straight back to London."
[22:21] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: That sounds good
[22:21] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Balam, are you near the Vault still?
[22:21] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: In it.
[22:22] You wave.
[22:22] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Nice to be back in safe territory
[22:23] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: Balam hands over the whiskey. "Welcome back. Sounds like it got, as you say, covered in hair over there."
[22:23] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Hairy?"
[22:23] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Definitely hirsuite of some form or fashion
[22:23] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Yuri blinks a moment, then gets it. "Ah, hehe, yeah I guess so."
[22:23] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *smiles*
[22:23] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Welcome back, all. As I said, the whiskey is ready, and some Tylenol."
[22:24] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Oh, Yuri Bahana, nice to meet you. I guess you were C&C oversight on this?"
[22:24] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Thanks, Balam
[22:24] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Thank you
[22:24] Razorgrin takes a drink.
[22:24] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "And we might be sued by Orochi, I had to play with their mainframe to keep you off their radar."
[22:24] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "I appreciate it. And... to all of you for coming and finding me."
[22:24] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "Indeed. It is nice to meet you, Miss Bahana. I'm Lee Bora."
[22:25] Yuriksha bows.
[22:25] Balam bows.
[22:25] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: We got your back Yuri, anytime.
[22:25] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *patpat*
[22:26] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: Please make sure to check in with medical, get yourself checked out
[22:26] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: Martyr-complex comes out. "Well, congratulations on the successful retrieval!"
[22:26] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *salutes*
[22:27] [#BarrenShore] [Katelin]: *nods*
[22:27] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: Anything for a fellow Sword. *smile*
[22:27] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "I could tell listening over Balam's shoulder that it was a very complicated op. You are all to be commended."
[22:27] [#BarrenShore] [*Saunabath]: "It's what we do. Cheers"
[22:27] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "As for you..." She looks at Yuri.
[22:28] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Until further notice, she is not to be permitted to wear the Red Hand uniform, even in jest. Am I clear?"
[22:28] [#BarrenShore] [Razorgrin]: *giggles*
[22:29] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Yes, Ma'am."
[22:29] [#BarrenShore] [Willow15]: awww Yuriiiiii, you're in troubllllle
[22:29] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: "Yeah, looks like I'll be kept at HQ for awhile. Health checks and all that."
[22:30] [#BarrenShore] [Balam]: "I'll arrange for the usual debriefing facilities, ma'am."
[22:30] [#BarrenShore] [Yuriksha]: So, all the data on the phone looks like Yuri went to space. Not that there's anything *terribly* useful like ship schematics or anything, but, you know.