A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Sharing your memories of Hollopoint

Post by Katelin »

Swords, today we came together with our secret world community to share our grief, to show our love and to be there for one another.

The loss we all feel in the cabal, echoes throughout our community.

Despite not wanting to make a fuss - Mark impacted all of us. We are going to miss you, and we are not going to forget you.
Agartha-HolloPoint.jpg
Agartha-HolloPoint.jpg (172.2 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
Agartha-HolloPoint_.jpg
Agartha-HolloPoint_.jpg (181.25 KiB) Viewed 1240 times

Please share your memories here, whether it is about his presence, his artwork, the mountain of amazon boxes we feared were going to bury him in his appointment in the spring ... share the joy you shared with him.

If you want to share your memories more openly than here on our 9S forum, you can also respond to the thread in the Secret World Forum: https://forums.funcom.com/t/hollopoint-farewell/171510
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
LeMort
Twitter: lemortieth

Re: Sharing your memories of Hollopoint

Post by LeMort »

I just finished going through his "best of Hollo" thread, again.
He managed to make so many pictures after my last "great work" comment and he started to become insanely good. It's a joy to see how far he managed to develop.

But my main memories of him is from being pals in game. Saying 'hello' when logging in has always been important to me in games like this and to me it seems like him and me shared that opinion.
I can't remember how many times I've chatted with him ingame.
I'm also a bit shocked that I managed to drop in when there was a meeting to honor him in Agartha. It feels almost as it was meant to be. He *so* deserved this attention. I'm glad I stumbled in to be part of saluting him.
An amazing guy I will remember as long as I live.

Morten
Last edited by LeMort on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xaoti

Post by Xaoti »

Katelin, I found your post in the SWL forum thread deeply moving and beautiful

HP.png
HP.png (2.49 MiB) Viewed 1231 times
Thank you HolloPoint for making this a great community.
It is amazing to see so many people meeting up and showing that they care

bikerace2018.jpg
bikerace2018.jpg (302.85 KiB) Viewed 1231 times
Bikerace2020.png
Bikerace2020.png (2.55 MiB) Viewed 1231 times

I discovered this cabal thanks to Hollo and the community about one year ago, because of all the activities and events that were put together! I know many of you have played together and have been friends for many years now.

I would like to offer my sincerest condolences to everyone
hobilsm

Post by hobilsm »

I didn't know him very well, but he was a great guy, he was always helpful and cheerful, he hosted many events for the community, he was one of the people who made this game and community great, so sad to hear him gone. I dont really remember doing anything with him sadly, or rather i forgot.
The Penguin
Sam515

Post by Sam515 »

Sam515 and Mayday here, stepping in for a brief salute to an online friend that will be much missed. Although I didn't know Hollo well, he was one of the most memorable online friends I've had the pleasure of meeting. When ever there was an event in game for Nine Swords, or The Secret World, you'd find Hollo there. And a few days later, screenshots. His artwork usually preempted the event itself. His visage will be missed. *Big Wave* *Salute* from both of us.

*wipes away a tear*
"Let loose your inner dragon. Become one with everything. See the threads that connect. Enjoy being a chaos monkey."
"I could have taken over the whole World, had it have not been for stupid Madagascar!"
Razorgrin
Twitter: @magusferox

Post by Razorgrin »

I managed to snag a screenshot of the system message put out by Funcom for Hollo. I'd shared it to the Funcom forums, but putting it here too for the Swords. <3
Attachments
HolloPoint.png
HolloPoint.png (5.06 MiB) Viewed 1184 times
:twisted:
Waspstar

Post by Waspstar »

The first in-game memory that comes to me is Hollo helping me do the scenarios in the Sunken Library on Sundays. If I recall, the scenarios were new at the time, and I had no idea what I was doing.

I remember thinking, 'this guy is the most patient person I've ever met!'

We got talking about his artwork, and I was blown away when I saw it. I realised then that he wasn't just friendly and very patient, but modest about his talent, too.
"So much pain can be avoided by not devising stories that further upset us."

~ Derren Brown