[DRABBLES] Mellified

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Mellified

Re: [DRABBLES] Mellified

Post by Mellified »

A whole day in the Templar archives. A day of putting pieces together or immense boredom. She loves the “Prophecy of the Day” display - some joker has put up a supermarket sign, crossed out ‘Bargain’ and scrawled ‘Prophecy’ in black felt-tip. Underneath, in a transparent case, is a volume with fiery words of doom, looks to have been written in the early 1900's. She stoops to read and one passage catches her eye:

If a man lif I slay
Or a camel lif I educt
Which lif has the greater sway?

She’s sure she has heard that read aloud before...
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

- The National Bloodbuzz Ohio
LeMort
Twitter: lemortieth

Post by LeMort »

Cool stuff :)

Coffee-mug
Jacket
Drained

LeM:)rt
Mellified

Post by Mellified »

In transit on the way to some small town near Jackson, Mississippi where there had been sketchy reports of a filth bubble almost covering a convenience store. Hubba Bubba thought Mellified. Their Templar light aircraft had been diverted to Hawkins Field Airport due to tornado warnings and subsequently been grounded until further notice. They kicked back on the worn airport seats - hats over their eyes and feet up on their bags. The coffee was terrible. This seemed as good a time as any.

“Katelin, you know I was in a coma for almost two and a half years? Well, …”
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

Cold is the cruelest sensation. She thinks those words for what seems like the thousandth time, gradually thawing out.

The white-out had descended like a shroud, without a warning. She had led the team here - to a hollow with a hot-spring. She knew where to find it. A trick of the wind-vortices or a trick of paranormal design conspired to keep the snow from settling.

She investigates a small cairn of stones and inside finds pieces of a ripped canvas tent and a leather bound writing-pad and implements. Just one entry:

Diary of M. 1871.
“Cold is the cruelest sensation.”
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

• Inform Templar Central Command of time and place of meeting.
    Investigate possible escape routes and locations of Closed Circuit Cameras.
    Mobile phone with only that day’s emergency number on speed dial
    Secrete TemplarTrack (™) device somewhere unobtrusive.
    Prioritise comfortable, slip-resistant shoes over fashion.
    Consider a jacket that is stab, fire and/or acid resistant.
    Trousers advocated over skirts/dresses.
    No bags, scarves, shawls or hats.
    Minimal jewellery.
Optional articles:
  • Mace
    Condoms
    Breath Freshener
Sheesh thinks Mellified. The Templars are almost as bad as my mother. I’m only going on a date. At least they have not insisted on a chaperone.
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

There are places in the world that have a guardian spirit - a genius loci. The Templars know most of them. To some they owe a debt of gratitude. And this was why Mellified was standing on a bank of earth in Norfolk, watching as a fen was drained to make land for a car-park.

She was holding hands with a tall pale man wearing a flat-cap. He was rather difficult to see, the pale grey of the building slabs mirroring his translucent skin. As the first concrete was poured, she brushed off a tear and looked away, finding herself alone.
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

She slammed down her coffee-mug and scrambled out of the greasy-spoon café. She was sure she’d caught a glimpse of Floryn (who else would be wearing a military cap?) being pursued by a woman in a long trench-coat.

She caught up with them at the end of one-way street - Floryn backed up against the wall. Mellified grabbed the woman from behind, pinning her arms. Amazingly, another set of arms appeared and continued to reach for Floryn. He sprayed mace in her face and then knocked her out with one punch.

He panted: “She couldn’t keep her hands off me Mel!”
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

Mellified had been trying to see Richard Sonnac for well over a month now. She was sure that his surly staff found ways to put her off and re-schedule her appointments: holidays, urgent meetings with hedge-wizards, blocked plumbing, a re-appraisal of the Templar Bestiary. This only had the effect of making her more suspicious and determined, and the cheeky comments of the Temple Hall door guards did nothing to improve her general mood. But finally here she was. She was sure he looked nervous and shifty behind his too-large desk. No preamble:
“Have I somehow left traces throughout the past?”
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Mellified

Post by Mellified »

I am devoid of Drabbles.

Please may I have some more?
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Aeipathy
Soap
Photosynthesis
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.