Event idea: Pet Show

Old Event requests
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: Event idea: Pet Show

Post by Katelin »

Perhaps we can run the achievement thing as a separate event around that weekend advertising the pet event?? Then we can do it at across different times/timezones too
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Post by Floryn »

Mellified wrote:Pet fiction - short story about your pet - entry before the day of the event
Perhaps a twist on this: how about we have the pets tell something about their owners?
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division
Ishco

Post by Ishco »

Floryn wrote:
Mellified wrote:Pet fiction - short story about your pet - entry before the day of the event
Perhaps a twist on this: how about we have the pets tell something about their owners?
Or both point of view of the same event (any event) that happened to the pair! :mrgreen:
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Event outlines / Drafts to pad out the reasoning for each category..

1. Pet photo contest
As part of the Pets on Parade event we are currently accepting entries for our cutest pet photo contest. All of the entries we receive will be voted on by the Nine Swords leadership team. The entry with the most votes will be announced during our Pets on Parade event

Saturday 25th June, 2016 @19:00GMT
Ealdwic Park, London, Arcadia

Submit your photos between the DATE and DATE to katelin@nine-swords.com.
Screenshot manipulation using a graphics software is allowed.
The entry with the most votes will receive a Nine Swords prize pack!
Your pet photos will also be displayed with our congratulations via the @Nine_Swords Twitter feed!!

2. Famous pets in history/fiction
Pre-event mini event.
As part of the Pets on Parade event we want you to be creative and dress yourself up with your pet by your side to depict a famous pet in history / fiction. The screenshots should be un-edited, though you are welcome to crop it. All of the entries we receive will be voted on by the Nine Swords leadership team. The entry with the most votes will be announced during our Pets on Parade event on Saturday 25th June, 2016 @19:00GMT at Ealdwic Park, London, Arcadia.

Submit your photos between the DATE and DATE to katelin@nine-swords.com.
Your pet photos will also be displayed with our congratulations via the @Nine_Swords Twitter feed!!

3. Pet flash fiction
Pre-event mini event.
As part of the Pets on Parade event we want you to write a flash fiction about your pet! Your entry should be no more than 500 words in length. All of the entries we receive will be voted on by the Nine Swords leadership team. The 3 entries with the most votes will be announced during our Pets on Parade event on Saturday 25th June, 2016 @19:00GMT at Ealdwic Park, London, Arcadia.

Submit your flash fiction between the DATE and DATE to katelin@nine-swords.com.
Your flash fiction about your pet will be displayed with our congratulations via the @Nine_Swords Twitter feed!!

4. Most imaginative pet name
Pre-event mini event.
As part of the Pets on Parade event we want to know your pets name! The winner of this event will be the pet name that is the most imaginative - if there is a reason your pet is called as it is, we want to know! All of the entries we receive will be voted on by the Nine Swords leadership team. The entry with the most votes will be announced during our Pets on Parade event on Saturday 25th June, 2016 @19:00GMT at Ealdwic Park, London, Arcadia.

Submit your flash fiction between the DATE and DATE to katelin@nine-swords.com.
Your flash fiction about your pet will be displayed with our congratulations via the @Nine_Swords Twitter feed!!

5. Pet Dragons
Event - mini event.
Do you have a red, blue or green dragon? We will be making a call out during our event to see if we can break the record for the most amount of faction dragons ever attempted in one area within The Secret World.
(Nb. This has never been tried before, so it can only be a success! Will be a great photo opportunity!)

6. Dress like your pet
Event - mini event.
Catwalk event showing how you can dress to look just like your favourite pet.
If you want to participate in this event - you must register your interest via email to Katelin@nine-swords.com - places are limited!

Please include the following information in your email:
x
x
x
x

7. Group pet routines
Event - mini event.
Got a few friends that also have a love of pets? Why not sign up as a group together and amaze the crowds with a stunning routine with you and your pets.
If you want to participate in this event - you must register your interest via email to Katelin@nine-swords.com - places are limited!

Please include the following information in your email:
x
x
x
x

8. Style Icons!
Event - mini event.
Catwalk event with you and your pet. Free style event.

9. Finale!!
Event - mini event.
Everyone is welcome to join the pet conga! A conga line with pets and people and mayhem!
Please be careful with the fireworks - we don't want any scared animals!
All on stage for a chaotic screenshot

How does that all sound now I have fleshed it out a bit?
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
Mellified

Post by Mellified »

Nice one Kate!

I see what you have done there with the nine events - but I wonder if it is too much? 6 and 8 are very similar and could be combined and so could 3 and 4. I feel that fewer events might generate more concentrated and better responses. However, if you feel you/we could handle all of them then that's great!

I have just discovered that Isabella has a pupil day on the 24th and it's my birthday on the 26th, so we could well be away for the weekend, meaning I might not be able to help on the day :(
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

- The National Bloodbuzz Ohio
TS-13

Post by TS-13 »

Mellified wrote: .... just discovered that Isabella has a pupil day on the 24th
Funny that's my daughter's name. :D
“In each of us, two natures are at war – the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer. But in our own hands lies the power to choose – what we want most to be we are.”

― Robert L. Stevenson
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

The only events we will deal with on the actual day though are 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 - the rest will be just announcements of what has happened before.

The reason for the multiple catwalk type events - is that Fred will be there taking pictures for the next magazine :) so I wanted to make sure there were some varied opportunities.

Maybe I will consolidate 3 and 4 into just 1 event - and 1 and 2 into just 1 event. You are right - I don't want people to get bored.. I just want to do stuff up to the event so we get some coverage and interest.
Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Great setup!

I don't think you would have to consolidate 1 and 2 into one or 3 and 4 into one. If you do them not too far away from the event and with a week 'off' in between, then you would have a great promotional tool. Just like what Funcom did with IAMTSW. And I think 3 and 4 are different enough not to get people bored.

I like the challenge of event 5 :)

Let me know if I can do anything to help out.
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Mellified is putting together some prize packs - but perhaps we could organise some cabal events to gather prizes - do you have any ideas for that, Flo? :)
Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Thinking....jpg
Thinking....jpg (13.52 KiB) Viewed 2679 times