Sunday Spikey Jacket Club!

Old Event requests
Mellified

Re: Sunday Spikey Jacket Club!

Post by Mellified »

I'd like to sign up for the 7th as DPS - 650ip. The event diary thingie on the right of the web-site is just a notification - is there somewhere to actually sign up for it?
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

- The National Bloodbuzz Ohio
Airyfairy

Post by Airyfairy »

Airyfairy Tank (500 IP) or dps
Shadowcat-x

Post by Shadowcat-x »

I'm down for the scorched desert lair, heals 560ish, ranged dps 580ish.

I could theoretically tank it, but my expectations are not high, since I'm still learning these bosses. I'd rather not be responsible for multiple team wipes, if I can avoid it.
“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”

― Groucho Marx
Jess
Division Member
Twitter: obuza-ba

Post by Jess »

I will be there. :>
DPS 555+ip.
"One must suffer from absolute blindness to freely pour the milk of human kindness."
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

Want to settle my grudge against Eye of the Swarm. 451 DPS.
Gebbeth

Post by Gebbeth »

Spawn: "The Summits" (399, 1078)
Defense Point: (180, 1270)
Summoning Circle: (260, 1224)

(from https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lOh ... n70uhjz68x)
Scorched Desert:

Drops:
•Finger signets
•Occult signets
•Essence of Aspect of the Many-Limbed

We use the spawning circle on the northern most side.

Lives-On-Snakes

Tank and spank boss, avoid obvious AoEs. Key to killing the boss is to interrupt Spite Bend since it'll oneshot all dps/healers.

The Eye of the Swarm
•Boss spawns a lot of adds which shield the boss.
•Interrupt Batter so your tank does not die.

The Idolater

This boss is kind of a pain in the ass and requires coordination. The boss has 2 major attacks that you need to deal with:

•AoE pool he leaves on the ground
•Ring of the Fool which is an AoE he uses on a target and it moves with that target.

Because the range on Ring of the Fool eventually becomes so big, you have to utilize the 2ish meter safezone on the target the AoE is on. What we do is have everyone clump up on each other, when he does the blood pool we all dodge roll to the same direction and stack up again, this way ring of the fool should hit no one. You just rinse repeat this till dead. You can set it up so you just keep on dodging left whenever he casts the blood pool and then you just keep on going in a square.
Last edited by Gebbeth on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“Doubt is uncomfortable, but certainty is ridiculous.” - Voltaire
Gebbeth

Post by Gebbeth »

The Idolater was a HUGE pain up the ass last time (only time) I did this lair - really need to find a way to survive the massive AoE attacks - they're frigging huge.
Gebbeth

Post by Gebbeth »

Ugh - yep the Idolater was the big dog. We (eventually) beat him twice, but not everyone got kill credit for him. We'll be back - but not right away. Pretty sure everyone got credit for both other bosses.

Next up, gonna read about Legs and Wings, and we'll try going for a Regional. At lease a few of us only need those two for jackets (but we're gonna get EVERONE jackets!).
Shadowcat-x

Post by Shadowcat-x »

Yeah, getting everyone to roll the same direction at the same time is like herding cats. What worked for me versus this boss was to use the stairwell to break line of sight. I stood at the top of the stairs and when his telegraph showed, I ran down the stairs to break LOS, then ran back up again. Airy kept him busy up top and I poked my head up like a gopher to heal her. That might also work for the ranged dps. Melee DPS probably still need to stand next to the tank and do the group-hug-then-dodge thing.
“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”

― Groucho Marx
Cherrie

Post by Cherrie »

I managed to complete the Idolator with a pug yesterday. I am not sure how they did it but the group destroyed him like he was nothing. Dps was all spread out and we never had to worry about that stupid aoe where we need to dodge roll together. There must be something we can interupt or maybe the dps was so high he never got to that phase. Trying to find a guide on him but I am currently on my phone so it makes research a little more difficult. He has a secret and he will go down by 9S hands!
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.~Inigo Montoya~