New Event Idea: Story Mode Speed Runs!

Old Event requests
Dirtybliss

New Event Idea: Story Mode Speed Runs!

Post by Dirtybliss »

Can we have an event where the Cabal gathers together and with stopwatches in hand sees how fast they can clear every Story Mode Dungeon in the game?

It would go something like this, An Officer of Division leader would go into an instance with each "runner" and time them throughout the instances. The one doing the timing would not help nor hinder the runner through the dungeon. It is just a way to see who is building their character right. Further its a way to exchange ideas and get faster at running these so we can all help those who might need help. We can add extra points for taking shortcuts. Or get extra points for doing secret events in each dungeon such as the crate code in Polaris. So with all this said let's try to visualize this.
These are just some Rough numbers for now. (Collected off Youtube)
Polaris Run Time: 9:09 (Suggested level 10-18)
Hell Raised Rune TIme: 11:34 (Suggested level 19-27)
The Darkness War Run Time: 11:16 (Suggested Level 28-36)
The Ankh Run Time: 9:13 (Suggested level 36-44)
Hell Fallen Run Time: 11:34 (Suggested Level 43-49)
The Facility Run Time: 14:40 (Suggested Level 50)
Hell Eternal Run TIme: 16:09 (Suggested Level 50)
The Slaughterhouse Run Time: 17:00 (Suggested Level 50)

A couple of Ground Rules to make sure everyone is included in this event, Your Timed Run does NOT start until you load into the dungeon. While everyone likes a fast as balls computer not everyone has the money to through into something like that.

Keep in mind that this is just an idea. It would be really cool if something like this could be done. We could end up setting up our own benchmarks and showing the SWL Community we are all badasses.

Well, that's my idea for a Story Mode Dungeon Speed Run Event!
Don't Just be good... Be good for something.
Phanth
Leader

Re: New Event Idea: Story Mode Speed Runs!

Post by Phanth »

Fun idea. We have done these before, just not timed. We may have to adjust the groups by ip or mix it so the ip are balanced, otherwise the group with the 1.6k ip guy will always come out on top. Also more appealing would be E1 speed run because of the possibility of a rare agent at the end...but of course this would not work for folks < 50 lvl.
hobilsm

Post by hobilsm »

What is the purpose of this event exactly ? I don't think this event will be good for "It is just a way to see who is building their character right", i am around 300 ip and i kill story bosses in 3 seconds, 500+ ip members will be able to kill story bosses in 1 second. It is better to have Agartha dummy dps competition if you want to see if people builded their builds right, and exchange information on how to improve.
The Penguin
Yuriksha
Leader

Post by Yuriksha »

Yeah, I think everything would have to be standardized so that the ephemeral notion of skill becomes the only variable. Inventory restrictions being what they are this would be easier in the original Secret World so you could make everyone wear a full set of green equipment of the same level for example.