Builds WIP

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Garrett

Builds WIP

Post by Garrett »

Just wondering how everyone is liking their builds thus far. I have been been working on Hammers & Blood atm and am liking the heal potential of Blood so far. In Ql2 gear I was able to keep a full group healed all the way through Polaris (Usually you want QL3 gearish). I haven't delved much into the damage side of Blood, but looking at the charts it seems Blades has more synergies atm. The main thing I am liking is having two impairments and three Aoe's when combining the two for general questing.

Just curious what sorts of builds folks are playing with atm. ;)
Firearc

Re: Builds WIP

Post by Firearc »

I am going blades/blood but I am the oppisite from you, I have not explored the healing side much beyond my blood sheild, but would like to start working on it, I love to heal. any suggestion would be welcome :)
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

Blades and blood focus a lot on afflicts both. Hammers and blood is also what I started on. It's a bit clunky at first but once you get in the PBAoE barriers and some more of the DD consumers it's a vicious combo :D
Firearc

Post by Firearc »

my only complaint with blood is i wish the books looked a little cooler lol but I am having fun with it all the same. I may have try hammars they look cool.
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

Wait till you see the ones from Polaris and Hell. both are pretty wicked looking
Fall

Post by Fall »

For quite a while I was thinking of starting off with Blood / Fists for healing, but Zurai mentioned I should try AR with Blood. Have to say AR healing is rather nice. It's a little sad though considering I can spam a single attack and kill basically anything without ever dropping below 90% health, it just takes forever. Still, can't wait to get into some more group runs.
It's a knife's edge on which we keep our balance.
It's a cliff's brink and we stand upon it.
We're too terrified to look down.
We're unable to look back.
There is no forward.
We can not fly.
Reset button.
Click.
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

Fall wrote:For quite a while I was thinking of starting off with Blood / Fists for healing, but Zurai mentioned I should try AR with Blood. Have to say AR healing is rather nice. It's a little sad though considering I can spam a single attack and kill basically anything without ever dropping below 90% health, it just takes forever. Still, can't wait to get into some more group runs.
I can second that too. too many times have I taken credit for Greyknight's healing while playing blood.
Aralon

Post by Aralon »

Fists + Pistols for me.....Cause I like fists and pistols :-P the HoTs fists have keep me alive and deal out a good bit of damage and then pistols for when I cant be in range. Might change Pistols to Ele tho
Retired.
Hebdomas

Post by Hebdomas »

Hammer/shotgun here with a focus on weaken, protection buffs and some crit power rating. I'm happy with it so far, wouldn't mind doing some extra damage though. (Currently running tanking gear.)

Tried Blades/blood in the beta weekends, the kind of standard afflict/penetrate build. Pretty nasty once you get all your afflicts running.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Aralon wrote:Fists + Pistols for me.....Cause I like fists and pistols :-P the HoTs fists have keep me alive and deal out a good bit of damage and then pistols for when I cant be in range. Might change Pistols to Ele tho
I went with Fists + Chaos because I like combat up close, but range is nice when hindered or when I want to pin someone/something down and reach them. I thought about picking up pistols, AR or Ele, not sure which I'll go with at first. I noticed that Ele has a lot more range than pistols and AR too I think. I'll finish my Executioner deck and get the outfit and see from there :P