Unto The Beach

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

BrokenPieces
Twitter: stygianbrood

Unto The Beach

Post by BrokenPieces »

Welcome 9S!

We are going on a trip. Unto The Beach! :shock:

Wednesday night will feature partly cloudy skies with patchy fog. Lows in the 60s.

Tough sleeping weather with the high humidity!

We need 10 brave bees to clean off the Filth from the sandy beaches of Kingsmouth. We are in a need of one tank, two healers, and a pack of Filth hunters.

We should start in Kingsmouth on Wednesday 26th of July at 18.30 GMT (20.30 CEST, 14.30 EDT (?), 13.30 CST). The plan is to complete three lair side missions. It would be great if we could also grab some fragments for the boss summoning ritual to use later on.

Please, consider it as a learning run. I hope we will have a full raid. I think that DPS players do not have to be level 50, because we hope to have six of them instead of regular three.
The run will probably take an hour or so.
Sign-ups:

1. BrokenPieces (dps, healer)
2. LeMortieth (dps)
3. Pilgrim7 (dps)
4. Mellified (dps)
5. Ishco (tank)
6. Aldric (dps)
7. Hinoki (tank, dps)
8. Staief (tank)
9. Inor (dps)
10. Skygrinder (tank)

Reserves:

Please, post interest for this lair run below. Include the roles you can do (Tank, Leech, Heals, DPS).

Thank you.

BP

Events link
Last edited by BrokenPieces on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 8 times in total.
All stories are lies. But good stories are lies made from light and fire. And they lift our hearts out of the dust, and out of the grave.
Ishco

Re: Unto The Beach

Post by Ishco »

Meh. I'd like to tank that, but I'm very not level 50. :o
Pilgrim7

Post by Pilgrim7 »

DPS here.

I think it will be fun and I NEED distillates badly now.

Is L50 a hard stop requirement for Lairs ?

Ps :
Standard Disclaimer. ( going forward )

RL can throw me some sudden schedule changes that I can't control or shirk, but there is nothing planned for July 26, yet.
( I am NA - CST time zone, so early afternoon for me )
Last edited by Pilgrim7 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omnis in ferro est salus
Aldric

Post by Aldric »

Please remember that lairs are significantly harder that what they used to be in TSW and are now designed for a well geared party in purples. As a damage dealer you'll have to have at least 9% Glance chance reduction to hit the mobs resonably often, ~15% to not glance at all. The bosses themselves can cast partywide ~4,5k damage and autohit the tank for about 5-8k.

But all things considered, I'd join.
Bring all your friends to visit. It sharpens the dream.

Reviled

Post by Reviled »

I have zero raid experience, and I'm not particularly happy with my gear set at the moment. I think I'll sit this one out, rather than embarrass myself, but I'm quite looking forward to reading the post-action report to see how it goes!

I'm not dying to leap into the fray, here - I'm not going anywhere and the better gear will come.
“He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.” - Douglas Adams
BrokenPieces
Twitter: stygianbrood

Post by BrokenPieces »

Aldric wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:56 pm The bosses themselves can cast partywide ~4,5k damage

That's a lot.

I do not think we'll have a boss fight this time. If I understood another thread correctly, we'll start gathering ritual fragments.
All stories are lies. But good stories are lies made from light and fire. And they lift our hearts out of the dust, and out of the grave.
Shock G

Post by Shock G »

Your reward for completing the lair missions is something called Essences. The group doing a summoning needs all members to have the essence of the boss being summoned.

Each summoning allows you five tries at defeating the summoned boss, and there is a ten minute timer for each attempt after the first that you must attempt to defeat the boss in or it despawns. This means that if you go in with a full raid (Lairs are still intended to be single group, five player content despite the difficulty) you have ten total tries at defeating a boss.

The essences can be traded (and sold on the AH). There are no more fragments.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

No more frags!!!! Best news this whole year!!
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

If there were fragments, and if I would have had to collect them all, I would have started a donation drive for Aurum so I could increase my bank space to about 300 spaces. Good riddance!

On the raid topic though, one thing to keep in mind is that it might prove to be a challenge to actually get a whole raid into the same zone. We tried that with the Resurrecting Joe spawn and only managed to get seven people into the zone at once. We then needed to quickly rotate through with meeting up for the others once the yellow popped.
Rezn

Post by Rezn »

I saw another cabal trying to get people into the same instance the other day. Raid leader asked players in general chat to hit crtl-shift-F1 (something like that), which showed instance info like the ID number. Raid leader then asked those with a specific ID to leave the zone and come back so they could get everyone in the same instance. Might be worth trying.