The Rising Apocalypse - Pt.4

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Dawnfury

The Rising Apocalypse - Pt.4

Post by Dawnfury »

Three Months Later....

Three months had passed since the night in Oracle Park: the night her powers first awakened. After that, her life changed forever. The following day, the case in the murder of Mr. Pratiarch hit a wall, when Mrs. Pratiarch assumed control of GenTech. Raishana began having dreams, or hallucinations, about Mrs. Pratiarch: Seeing her as a human one moment and as a full blooded werewolf the next. The woman she met that night the park had disappeared, leaving Raishana in a tail spin: Not knowing what was real and what was her mind spinning.

Finally, after a month of no answers and on the brink of a complete mental break, Raishana went to get answers. And she went to one place she should not have: GenTech. After arriving at GenTech's main office in downtown Johannesburg, her powers began to spike. Suddenly, she felt like taking on an entire army; feeling raw power for the first time in her life. She still remembered the night like it had just happened...

Raishana had driven up near the main gate of GenTech; a building towering at 30 stories tall and made of an entire glass exterior. The building ran off its own independent power supply; which no one knew what is was and GenTech was good at keeping secrets. Rumors of an underground nuclear reactor to cold fusion abounded on the internet and among conspiracy theorists. But, from what Raishana was feeling, it was neither. The closer she got to the building, the stronger she felt. Added that she had just downed her second bottle of whiskey, she was feeling very good. She drove up to the main gate and showed her ID to the guard; a young security guard in his early 20's. He checked it and opened the gate for her. After parking in the lower garage, she left her gun in the car; feeling like she would not be needing it.

She took the nearest elevator and pressed the button for the 30th floor. That was the floor with the executive office and she had a feeling Mrs. Pratiarch was expecting her. As the door opened to the executive floor, she steeled herself for an attack, but there was no one to greet her. She cautiously began walking down the main corridor; with pictures of past company presidents hanging along a wooden wall, dating back to 1947 when the company was founded. All the presidents had been of the Pratiarch family, with the last picture being of Mrs. Pratiarch. She walked to the end of the corridor and before she could knock..

"Please, come in detective. I have been expecting you." She heard Mrs. Pratiarch say from behind the closed door.

Raishana opened the door to the office and felt like she had stepped into a trap. The power she was feeling flowing her body suddenly stopped, like it had been cut off. Her body went limp and she fell forward, landing on her knees. "What the hell is wrong with me?" She asked.

"My dear detective. You have no idea what is going on, do you?" Mrs. Pratiarch replied.
"Let me give you the short version of your current situation. You, apparently, have awakened a dormant power in your body and have not gone completely insane. As a precaution and a test, I set up a dampening field around my office and it turns out I was correct.

"You..you did this to me?" Raishana replied, anger in her voice.

"Oh no, my dear. Unlike you, I have complete control over my powers and cannot awaken them in others." Mrs. Pratiarch replied, laughing cynically. "I don't know how your powers awakened, but its clear that the power source of this building was heightening them."

Raishana could feel her anger and rage building up inside her, like a volcano on the verge of exploding. Clearly, Mrs. Pratiarch had something to do with what was happening to her, and she was in no mood to be lied to. She tightened her hands into fists, summoning every ounce of anger and rage she could. She closed her eyes for a moment and then opened them to see a look of sheer terror on Mrs. Pratiarch's face...

Raishana snapped awake from her dream, or nightmare. She was covered in a cold sweat, wearing nothing but a t-shirt and shorts. She glanced over to her alarm clock; only 2:30 in the morning and she had been asleep for only a few hours. Over on her desk, her laptop still had an article from the local news showing: an article from three months ago about an explosion that took out three whole stories of GenTech's main office, with the president Mrs. Joanna Pratiarch blaming it on terrorists. But her, Raishana and the woman who pulled her from the burning debris knew the truth: Raishana caused the explosion.
Cherrie

Re: The Rising Apocalypse - Pt.4

Post by Cherrie »

How many parts are there? I hope there are more to come:D
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.~Inigo Montoya~
Dawnfury

Post by Dawnfury »

I'm planning on at least two or three more parts.
Cherrie

Post by Cherrie »

Yaa! I look forward to it:D
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.~Inigo Montoya~
Dawnfury

Post by Dawnfury »

I hope my writing can help inspire or motivate other RP'rs to write.