[POSTPONED] You Train It, You Kill It! - 29 JUL-12

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Volen

[POSTPONED] You Train It, You Kill It! - 29 JUL-12

Post by Volen »

****THIS EVENT IS POSTPONED****

Ever notice after you been running around town, that when you look "behind you", you've picked up 10 or more zombie friends?!
That happened recently to me when I met up with Xeeyon, and I unexpectedly 'trained' in 12 zombies. Imagine my surprise when she insisted I clean up my own mess!!

So, we propose this event in the spirit of having good clean fun (which killing zombies is of course), and in hopes we can cheer each other on in a little friendly competition.

Cabal Event: You Train It, You Kill It!
Date: Sunday 29-JUL-12
Times:
1500 hrs EST
1900 hrs GMT
2000 hrs BST
Rank Req: NA-just be able to kill what you train!
Cabals: 9S only event
Event Hosts: Volen (ESTOC-PR), Xeeyon (Rapier - RP)
Meet Up: Kingsmoth Church for Round 1

Details: This event will run in three rounds (though we may expand this to more if the numbers seem to merit it.

Round 1: Starting at the Church the player will start running from the church door and then out and bring back the largest train they can create in under 30 seconds by returning to the church doors. Only the kills in a 'single train' will count. The top 4 players will advance to the second round.

Round 2: Starting at the tunnel near Agartha, the player will run toward the sheriff's station and return with the largest train they can create in under 60 seconds and then kill the mob they created. Only the kills in a 'single train' will count. The top three players will advance to the last round.

Round 3: Starting at the bridge near Polaris, the player will run out in any direction they wish and return the with largest train they can create in under 60 seconds and then kill the mob they created. Only the kills in a 'single train' will count. The top player wins the event, a virtual trophy, and a prize donated from the cabal bank (PAX). Most importantly, they will have bragging rights and have their name whispered in awe throughout the Halls of the Templars!
First, your train 'em
First, your train 'em
train.png (392.81 KiB) Viewed 3871 times
TIme Zone Tips: Not sure of you're local time? Check your forums settings for your regional time zone. If they are correct, then the cabal calendar has already made the adjustments for you. Still not sure? Check this website to convert to your local time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
Then, you kill 'em
Then, you kill 'em
circledeath.png (500.02 KiB) Viewed 3871 times
Participant ACTION REQUIRED?
Yes, so we can plan for this event appropriately, please RSVP in the calendar if you wish to participate.
Firearc

Re: [9S EVENT] You Train It, You Kill It! - 29 JUL-12

Post by Firearc »

This sounds like so much fun ! I will be there :)
Volen

Post by Volen »

Firearc wrote:This sounds like so much fun ! I will be there :)
GREAT!!!

and I appologize for killing your RSVP - I didn't realize that my edit of the main post would kill the 'RSVP status'... please feel free to click you RSVP again - so sorry.

I'll have to just add posts instead of 'editing' changes so we don't loose those in the future.

Looking forward to it!

- V
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Sounds like a quite fun idea. I'm a bit concerned about the "train terminals" you picked though. It's fine to start in populated areas and train out from there, but I really don't recommend training back there. The possibility of accidentally having some random lowbie caught up in the middle of 30-40 zombies could lead to negative PR. ;) So I'd set the destinations at places like "a big rock in wispwood" or "out by the lighthouse".

You made me curious though how big of a train is handleable in Blue Mountain behind the bus. ;)
Volen

Post by Volen »

Great points... I'll do some prelim. "running Volens" in a few areas that are a little less likely to have some new player or just plan "awnry" (as we say in the south) players around. I'll ask Xee to make a few runs too just to check it out a bit more as well.

A few of the alternate location suggestions in case we running into player-agg are:
Round 1 Journey's End Tower (must kill them at the end as in rounds 2-3)
Round 2 or 3 Flecher Island (The Rocky One)
Round 3 North of the Airport (Zone)

I'd like to keep the church because of the tradition :-), but then I'll see if I can't find better areas that are also 'train rich' environments.

Keep watching this thread for updates!
Volen

Post by Volen »

This one is coming up fast... please post a note below, or RSVP on the calendar if you'd like to participate!

- V
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Could you please make sure that the times posted actually match up? Currently, the event is scheduled for 1900 GMT according to the text, however the calendar is set for 2100 GMT. It would be sad if time conversion issues end up negatively affecting two consecutive events of yours.
Volen

Post by Volen »

I must be missing something on the timetable converter I'm using... I'll look into that.

As for the event, I'm going to postpone it until next month to see if we can get a larger turn out.

Thank you to all that signed up... we'll be doing this event in about a month. Based on other feedback, this weekend turned out not to be the best time due several RL issues of a few folks that helped with the idea behind this one!

SO, please continue to practice your 'train and kill; tactics :-)

- V
Jennet

Re: [POSTPONED] You Train It, You Kill It! - 29 JUL-12

Post by Jennet »

I'd love to do it if you go next month! I'll be out of town on Sunday.
And in the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light...
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Volen wrote:I must be missing something on the timetable converter I'm using... I'll look into that.
I think in this case, it might not have been a problem with the converter on your end, but rather with your forum settings on here. You might want to check your time zone settings. The calendar input is in local time relative to that.