Weekly Lair Farming

Old Event requests
Miatog

Weekly Lair Farming

Post by Miatog »

So last night a group of us started up and hit the lair in Kingsmouth. We spent probably five hours there in total, and for a farm, it was surprisingly fun. We spent most of that time getting to work out the kinks of how to deal with the mobs, what we can and can't handle, at one point gear was changed for more hit. It was only in the last hour we felt we had it down right and we still walked away with a lot of blueprints, signets, and AP.

For those who don't know, every zone has a lair, a place made for QL10 groups. They drop signets and ritual blueprints. There are three bosses to each lair, it takes nine blueprints for each boss to summon him. Once you summon a boss you have four tries to drop him before he despawns, you are allowed five minutes between wipes to pull again or he despawns. He drops QL10 blues (I think only signets, trying to confirm, I know they're the only source of blue signets in game), and a purple ritural blueprint.

All of the lair bosses in a region (Solomon Island, Egypt, or Transylvania) drop pieces of the same purple blueprint, they're used to summon a regional liar boss...none of these three have been summoned so nobody knows anything about them!

It was decided that, while fun, it is still a farm so we're going to be doing it once a week, Thursday at 1800 PDT. We're going to have a strict team, but we would like to bring the same people as much as possible, if for no other reason than they put the work in. That said, we will try to fill the team as much as possible.

If you're interested in joining us, there are two things we ask of you.

1) HAVE LOTS OF HIT! Lair mobs (at least the Kingsmouth ones, I would expect this to trend to all) heal when you glance, they are QL10, and have high defense, plus the draug in the Kingsmouth lair can buff themselves for more defense.
2) Build for AoE. The best way to farm anything is AoE, and the same is true of lairs. We drop them all at once, we can kill more faster, means more loot.

Curious what we walked away with in our mostly learning first night?
boss 1: 7 parts, boss 2: 7 parts, boss 3: 5 parts, and enough repeats that I can (If I find the people) to trade for what we need.
126 Draug killed
231 zombies killed
around 54 AP

Now think about how many kills we'll get when we're better prepared and we know more. How much AP we'll earn slaughtering everything in sight?

Team:
Anthemic
Miatog
XPhyle
Fall
Har-binger
Heb
(I feel I'm forgetting someone, sorry >_< Will keep better notes from now on)
The darkness comes to far. Initiate the Corinthians protocall! The passcodes are 12 and 12! The Key is B!
My Chronicle page
Skills mastered 26/26 - Wheel completion 76.9%
422/455 lore - 259/517 achievements
Anthemic

Re: Weekly Lair Farming

Post by Anthemic »

Here is the build I'm going to try running next farm session. I was gearing mega hit, but I think Fever Pitch might be enough. Going to stack Defense like MAD and see if I can get the Sixth Sense passive to ring off constantly.

Team Buff
-------------
AoE Weakened [Exposed] Stacks

Solo Buff
-------------
-50.0% Glance (90%+? uptime)
+7.5% Damage Reduction (100% uptime)
+10.0% Enemy Glance (100% uptime)
+50.0% Enemy Glance (13% uptime)
+10.0% Evade Chance (100% uptime)
+40.0% Evade Chance (13% uptime)

Rotation (open with Crimson Theatre)
-------------
Escalation x5
Consequence
Brandish
Escalation x1
Crimson Theatre
*Repeat*

Actives
-------------
Escalation [Chaos]: Builder; PBAoE; +Hate; Exposed (+30% more damage); +7.5% Damage Reduction [via Intensity];
Consequence [Chaos]: Consumer; Minor Ward (+7.5% Damage Reduction)
Brandish [Blade]: Consumer; +25% Damage Reduction; +125 Defense Rating [via Brandishing Support]
Crimson Theatre [Blade]: Consumer; AoE; +Hate; Minor Defense (+10% enemy glance) [via Shadow Play]
Illusion [Chaos]: Major Evade (+35% Evade) [off GCD]
Martial Discipline [Blade]: Major Defense (+50% enemy glance) [off GCD]
Art of War [Blade][Elite]: PBAoE; AoE Provoke; next 2 attacks from each mob *will* glance

Passives
-------------
Sixth Sense [Blade][Elite]: 1 Counter per Glance; 6 Counters = 10% of Maximum HP Heal
Agitator [Turbulence]: 300% threat
Fuel to the Fire [Turbulence]: +200 threat per hit
Shadow Play [Blade]: Crimson Theatre grants Minor Defense (10% glance)
Brandishing Support [Blade]: Brandish yields 25 Defense Rating per resource spent
Fever Pitch [Chaos]: 10% chance per hit to gain Major Hit (-50% glancing)
Inevitability [Chaos]: Hit by weakened = 15% chance of Minor Evade (10% Evade)
Anthemic

Post by Anthemic »

Also, this seems obvious now, but I was like man we could try getting even more mobs at once. But then I realized that tons of our abilities only hit 5 targets max, so 5 pulls are optimal. Which means I'll probably tweak my post above as the week goes on to add a little more firepower.
Venator

Post by Venator »

As it seems, that for lair farming it is sort of difficult to gather everyone who are interested (time zone difference, yeah), then maybe at least "farmers", after gathering all blueprints, announce it on forums at some maximum availability time, and others can come for boss aswell?
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

I had a lot of fun in the lair at Savage Coast.. mainly fun because I don't think I ever died so fast before, like ever!! Looking forward to getting myself in a team to do this in a less deadly way :D Though I think it will be a while before I am at that point, so I wish you all the best of luck - and I also wish you a lot of fun!!
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Hebdomas

Post by Hebdomas »

How much hit would you say we need? I was at 350ish and noticed that Thor's Hammer liked to glance a lot. I think I read somewhere that 500 hit rating is the "magic number". I really should have been logging combat for Advanced Combat Tracker, but I totally forgot.

If I'm around for the next time I'll probably switch to a hammer/shotgun blast build (as opposed to my single target critical strikes build I was using) or if I manage to get my pistol/elemental chain and AoE build going I may try that. (Once Anthemic started gathering larger groups I was pretty much just spamming my chain builder anyhow.)

I was somewhat disappointed by the low signet drop of the mobs, it seems if you want to farm for signets the best bet is the "hard" quest areas in Transylvania.
wahoozerman

Post by wahoozerman »

Hebdomas wrote:How much hit would you say we need? I was at 350ish and noticed that Thor's Hammer liked to glance a lot. I think I read somewhere that 500 hit rating is the "magic number". I really should have been logging combat for Advanced Combat Tracker, but I totally forgot.

If I'm around for the next time I'll probably switch to a hammer/shotgun blast build (as opposed to my single target critical strikes build I was using) or if I manage to get my pistol/elemental chain and AoE build going I may try that. (Once Anthemic started gathering larger groups I was pretty much just spamming my chain builder anyhow.)

I was somewhat disappointed by the low signet drop of the mobs, it seems if you want to farm for signets the best bet is the "hard" quest areas in Transylvania.
500 seems about right. I'm at around 500 and I seem to be doing fine there.
Volen

Post by Volen »

Perhaps we should put a couple of teams together for this? I was there for some of the end that this run - it looked like fun :-)
Looks like the "a" team is full, but I'd be willing to work with the "b" team!

- Volen (I seem to be ready based on the above as both DPS - though I can keep a heals coming as well.)
Miatog

Post by Miatog »

If we can get enough people that would be great ^_^
The darkness comes to far. Initiate the Corinthians protocall! The passcodes are 12 and 12! The Key is B!
My Chronicle page
Skills mastered 26/26 - Wheel completion 76.9%
422/455 lore - 259/517 achievements
Jaque de Molay

Post by Jaque de Molay »

If I have the time to do so and I am not on a huge farming expedition then I would be happy to come along and help