[CALL FOR INTEREST] Solomon Island Lairs

Old Event requests
Jennet

[CALL FOR INTEREST] Solomon Island Lairs

Post by Jennet »

Heyla, Swords!

We have three of us who need Solomon Island lair bosses, and we wanted to organize a lair run this week. Does anyone need these, or have an interest in tagging along to help? If so, when would you be available?
And in the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light...
Treylar93

Re: [CALL FOR INTEREST] Solomon Island Lairs

Post by Treylar93 »

I need these as well, and I'm always up for doing Lair's.

Just about every evening during the week, I am usually on from 7:30-8:00 pm CST till about 11:00pm.
Mices

Post by Mices »

Definitely interested but I'm out of town this weekend! That and being GMT +9 doesn't quite work but definitely let me know!
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

Hey, maybe we can figure out something, Mices! I'll let you know when we can get a group together!
kadyn

Post by kadyn »

Very interested as well so count me in.
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

Cool, Kadyn! Looks like we're getting toward a full group! Wonder if we can get a raid out of it? Anyone else??
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

As a raid though, only the spawning team will get the achievement.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

I wouldn't run lairs as a raid. Even though it seems to be a thing that's frequently done, unless you're bringing along lots of people that are unfamiliar with them or undergeared, my Impression is that there is actually a bigger overhead to running a raid, compared to two parallel groups. Specifically if you're targetting multiple lairs, you can easily coordinate so you don't end up getting in each other's way.

I'm generally happy to help, can even offer to run one of the groups if necessary. I've got a quite extensive collection of pieces, including an almost complete region boss. Just missing the Pe 08 piece, then we can get a few more people their region boss kill too.

As we discussed yesterday, my current main focus is on Egypt, I'm starting a pattern collection for that place. Though from what I understand, it's been done a lot on the US side already.

The usual times Kate and I are available is 18:00-20:00 UTC.
Boba

Post by Boba »

gief lair :P but anyway have no idea if i need it or not but would be fun to tag along
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

Thanks guys! The help will be appreciated! We can do two groups too...that means we don't have to compete for the item collection updates (which has been my bugaboo about doing it in a raid).

Ura, when you guys get going in Egypt, if I'm around, I'll be glad to come along and help! (We were finishing our unfinished Last Train yesterday, sorry! For which I got not one but two useless blue signets this time! Woohoo!) Our groups might warn you that my idea of 'help' in Egypt amounts to draw aggro, die, and then make everyone wait while I run back over and over >.> But I'll die for you guys! :D

I know Esthyr also needs the Shadowy Forest bosses still, if anyone goes there before we get a chance to organize one for him. I should toss that in here, as well!