[TTG]Act 1 Scene 2: NYC Docks

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Volen

[TTG]Act 1 Scene 2: NYC Docks

Post by Volen »

After a day of preparation, the team assembles outside the Argatha portal in New York City.
Jennet

Re: [TTG] Episode 2: New York

Post by Jennet »

Jenn stood near a dumpster... well, almost behind a dumpster... looking around for the rest of the team. She wanted to be in New York about as much as she wanted to be run over by a lorry. She'd nearly flown to New York recently, on an offer-you-can't-refuse ticket from an overly-ambitious Illuminati agent, and since then, she couldn't come to the state without a trickle of nervousness creeping into her thoughts.

She distracted herself by examining her HelloKitty-cased mobile for the fifteenth time since the previous meeting. "What the feck was his... Vin Dies... no. That's the bald bloke with no facial expression..." She scrolled down through her phone. "Vincent Van... artist, no ear. Jenn, get your brain in gear." She was nattering away to herself. A condition Tom was probably familiar with. She shook her phone irritably, as if that would help, then gave the poor thing a break for a moment.

She glanced over at Tom. "Do you think we'll need horses? I should have brought the horses. I think they'd have gone wonkers at the Agartha, though. And as much as I'd like to have our own here, I don't think dragging them trans-Atlantic on a flight is a good call. Last time I tried to load them on an unfamiliar trailer, Horus broke it. The whole thing. It was a wreck. Anubis just watched. Why is yours the even-tempered one and mine's crazy as a sack of weasels?"

The horses were both technically Jenn's, but Anubis had made it quite clear that he'd selected Tom and was keeping him. You didn't argue much with something that big... which applied to either Tom or the horse, really, come to think of it.

"Anyway, I can't think what they'd do to one of the Edwards jets. And I'd have to get a vet on short notice..." Her voice trailed away and she went after the phone again.

Suddenly she chirped at Tom, like a triumphant bird discovering a tricksy worm, "Venny! That's him... we've been out with him on fieldwork. You know the one? No shoes, hat looks like someone's sat on it? Doesn't that sound like the one who's been known to keep company with our Agent Savoy? Do you happen to have his number?"

She looked smug. It had been bothering her into sullen silence since the meeting. There weren't many Templar who took a similarly... relaxed... view of uniform as Jenn did. She'd recognized the description right off... it had just taken her a bit to remember what name they'd yelled at him across the firefights.
And in the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light...
wahoozerman

Post by wahoozerman »

Tom grinned a bit as he thought about the horses. "I kind of don't think we'll need them," he said. He couldn't be sure though. "Either way, I think they'd stick out a bit around here. Probably best not to attract too much attention." He looked around at the tall buildings. Suddenly he felt very exposed. He didn't like being here any more than Jenn did.

He put a hand on Jenn's shoulder, pulling her a bit closer to him. He had noticed the hint of nervousness in her voice as she babbled. "Because Anubis knows what happens when I get upset," he said turning to smile at Jenn. "And Horus has been spending too much time around you to be stuffed in a locked box." His smile faded slightly, that hit a bit too close to home for his taste. He pulled Jenn a bit closer and laughed, "Besides, I thought you liked weasels?"

Tom looked down and tugged his phone out of his pocket. "I think I uploaded the 9S phone book into this thing, I have to say that I've never really used it much, but it recognized Alex that one time, so maybe I've got Venny too." He started thumbing across the screen, scrolling through to see if he could find the other Templar's number. "Sounds like the kind of guy who would want to keep tabs on his friends."

Tom was taking a random stab at the clothing description that Venny was from somewhere around the southern or midwestern US. People tended to be friendly around there, and look out for each other. He would want to know that his buddy was in trouble, regardless of whether he could help or not.
Volen

Post by Volen »

Venny "Volen" Payne's cell number is 501-555-5551 - at least as its listed in Tom's "9S phone book."
Elania Vikaernes

Post by Elania Vikaernes »

Elania stepped out of the Agartha portal into the warm New York weather, and after searching around a bit, she noticed Jen and Thomas waiting around, and offered a little wave. This being the first time She had actually gone out on assignment with members of her new crew, the nerves were evident the night before. Elania has spent the entire previous night trying desperately to sleep, with only fleeting moments of success. She did however, manage to rearrange the cabinets in her kitchen, find matches for every rogue sock she owned, and check her daughter's travel bag three times before sending her off to stay with her Aunt the next day.

None of these things showed on Elania's face today. Armed with a tiny halter top and short shorts, a big floppy hat, summer sandals, huge sunglasses and a purse, which contained a compact mirror, her cellphone, mini travel bag, two pistols, a set of brass knuckles and a grenade, she looked the part of the perfect tourist. She walked up to Thomas and Jen, offering each a warm smile.

"So, where is everyone? I'm starving, we should stop for something on the way."
Volen

Post by Volen »

Three of the team members have made it to the arranged meeting site.

The words from your meeting just a few days ago drift back to the forefront of your mind. 'Don't be afraid.
NYC_0.jpg
NYC_0.jpg (101.37 KiB) Viewed 4035 times
Volen

Post by Volen »

[[Jenn, Tom, and Elaina have all received PU achievements.]]
Arcadius

Post by Arcadius »

"No, I can't rearrange the lesson for...What are you talking about, you're the one who's paying for the lessons, not me! Oh give me break, we'll...shit." The line went dead as Alexander stepped out into the Brooklyn Streets near the Agarthan Gate. The angry young man on the other end of the line had just hung up, leaving Alexander with a free weekend, but without his source of 'normal' income for the time being. Of course, being away on duty, he'd be earning his actual payment for the mission. Today he dressed in his more, inconspicuous field gear; jeans and a t-shirt. Heavy boots on his feet for navigation of the Kingston Area, and his usual eyeglasses, tinted black. That was uncommon enough for him to wear most days. He probably wouldn't be recognized by the 'locals' that way.

A small satchel hung from his back, containing a small assortment of gear and weapons. Anything else, he might have airdropped in, if he could arrange that.

Reaching the designated meeting point, he took a quick mental check of those who already showed up. Jenn and Tom, already huddled around each other, and Elania... The first term that came to his mind when he saw her was 'Out-of-character'. He never saw her dress like that, but, it probably would be for the best. There was no telling how far his recently appointed division leader was already up on the Illuminati's shit list.

"We're meeting Agent Venny here?"
I once tried playing Blind Man's Bluff with a Tarot Deck. Someone got the Ten of Swords, and well, that was the end of that.
Volen

Post by Volen »

[[Alexander has received PU achievements.]]
Volen

Post by Volen »

Alexander receives a encrypted text message via his cell phone. The rest of the team is CC'ed on it.

"Your case file has been opened as per your request. Your open dossier file is, AO-09A08-27521."