CST (US) Evening RAID - Interest?

Old Event requests

Are we interested in starting up the US-side RAID again?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:07 pm

Yes, I geared and ready to go. Post your preferred time (US CENTRAL TIME) and evenings available.
55%
No, I'm not geared at this time but perhaps in the future.
45%
No thanks, not interested at all.
No votes

Total votes: 11

Volen

CST (US) Evening RAID - Interest?

Post by Volen »

The US side members were the first to finish the NYC RAID with an all-cabal team, and successfully completed it for several months before taking a break over the summer. I am forming a new team - if there is enough interest.

Please post if your response is "yes" with your preferred roll for a US side NYC Raid. I'll be selecting members for team-fit, preparedness, and experience in completing the RAID. If we have enough interest but we have a team that struggles to complete, we'll be looking at this as a 'training experience.' The time limit will be an hour unless everyone wants to keep going, but no longer than one and half hours. (In the past we were clearing this in about 10 min.)

We usually followed this RAID with quick 18s or a 'harder' one depending on how much time we had left that evening. Some evenings that turned into PvP as most members didn't need the BB. We can talk about that once we form.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to it!

- Volen
Volen

Re: CST (US) Evening RAID - Interest?

Post by Volen »

I can take one of the healer slots, or DPSr.

I'm thinking 8 pm CST to give folks time to settle the food/family side of things... but NOT Thursdays (I'm already booked that night).
My preferred night is Monday or Wednesday. If it HAS to be a weekend, then for me, Sunday evening is best for me.

If you MUST talk about how drops, etc will work before you decide - please opt for the alt slots. This is will be a low drama RAID, we'll use the same system as we did when we left off with everyone starting with a 'clean plate'.

These are the RAID policies, be sure you read and understand them before you join in for the first time (that applies for any 9S RAID not just this one.)

New to the RAID? Thats OK. Please check out this guide.

Roster:

Tank 1:
Tank 2:
Healtank:
Main Heals:
DPS/Tentacles:

DPS1:
DPS2:
DPS3:
DPS4:
DPS5:

Alternates:
Alt 1:
Alt2:
kadyn

Post by kadyn »

8 pm CST on Wednesday and weekend will works for me. I can do any role.
Samcon

Post by Samcon »

Yes, but not with that loot system. I know it's stupid to bring it up before it gets going. It was fine with the static team, but eventually it was bad and way too prone to long losing streaks and punished you for wanting a specific item, people were frustrated with it. It should be about fun and helping people get loot they want, happy employees are good employees. (Although no employer I have worked for has ever agreed with this).

I would like to see simple math. Ideally you should win A Desireable Thing(fuse, criterion, coins, coney, ashes) every 5 raids. Attendance+1(1)/times I won loot(5) = Loot order Highest numbers pick loot in order, so looters are known when the raid starts, if they pass it goes to next, roll decides looters only in the event of tie. New raiders start with a 5/5 so they are on even ground with someone that has done 15 raids and won 3 things. Any losing streak is self imposed, People who pass and let others loot should be rewarded by getting the thing they save rolls for when it drops. You can't win 2 things in one raid. Weapons and other talismans flatroll.
Volen

Post by Volen »

Samcon wrote:Yes, but not with that loot system. I know it's stupid to bring it up before it gets going...
I would like to see simple math. Ideally you should win A Desireable Thing(fuse, criterion, coins, coney, ashes) every 5 raids. Attendance+1(1)/times I won loot(5) = Loot order Highest numbers pick loot in order, so looters are known when the raid starts, if they pass it goes to next, roll decides looters only in the event of tie. New raiders start with a 5/5 so they are on even ground with someone that has done 15 raids and won 3 things. Any losing streak is self imposed, People who pass and let others loot should be rewarded by getting the thing they save rolls for when it drops. You can't win 2 things in one raid. Weapons and other talismans flatroll.
Nice suggestion.

This isn't too far from what actually 'work' best... but I REALLY like a simple system. Esp. to be sure that everyone is rewarded: shoot, 1 out of 5 times isn't bad at all!!

We can start with something like this as a starting place and tweak it from there.

But... lets see who we are talking about, and then we can decide the details looting.

So far, its Volen, Kaydn, and Samcon. Just 7 more to be able to roll!!
Supergang

Post by Supergang »

I'm not actually in American Time Zone but I'm in Asian Time Zone so if you guys are doing it in the evening I might have a chance to join it on weekends or some other days also since I usually play this game in the morning before work for a few hours. My main role is Tank but my DPS is already at full 10.4s Talismans also (Weapons are still at 10.2 from NM dungeons). FYI, I've never done NY Raid before.
Alina "Brightflower" Rose
Luisa "Torchic" Torchio
Oimarak Soul

Post by Oimarak Soul »

What are the qualifiers to go on this raid?
Volen

Post by Volen »

Oimarak Soul wrote:What are the qualifiers to go on this raid?
The RAID is end-game material - successful applicants will be:
NM ready,
10.2 geared (ish) - this is only because of the DPS check built into the encounter,
Willing to spend an hour working encounter,
and Having a sense of humor helps.
Volen

Post by Volen »

Supergang wrote:I'm not actually in American Time Zone but I'm in Asian Time Zone so ...
As long as the time works out for you, we'd be happy to have you in the RAID.
Elania Vikaernes

Post by Elania Vikaernes »

Yeap I'm up for this, and 8PM CST sounds good to me. Mondays are great, Wednesdays I have an ongoing commitment that evening and would not be able to attend.