Katelin Facility Tank Date :D

Old Event requests
GaboonViper

Katelin Facility Tank Date :D

Post by GaboonViper »

Hey,

since I know its otherwise not going to happen I just want to ask who would be interested in letting Katelin try learn to tank Facility NM...
I know the dungeon inside out as healtank & dps (its basically my favourite dungeon) and because of that I would prefer if all other participants are experienced in that dungeon too (for good reason). So basically I would like to have 3 dps who do some good damage, preferably close to 10.4.4 level who play this dungeon regularly. This is because the last two fights are not only very very tank dependent, but also dps dependent. I continously run into enrage counters with pugs, even though they are 10.4.4 :D, but that's another matter... Another issue is that the last two fights are hard enough if no one but the tank learns them. Having a new tank and new dps is going to be epic fail. So I want to have the dps side clear. And this still means we will probably wipe a lot on last two bosses (a reason why Katelin and me would prefer a cabal run). So be prepared for quite some wipes.

Team is full now:

Tank: Katelin
Leech/dps: GaboonViper /Durendal
Dps: Kadyn
Dps: Kisshoten

The time is not fixed yet. I would prefer it if we could do it after raid since all are online then :D. So if you are interested just post when you could join. I think 18 GMT is best for me and Kate (the normal raid time).
Last edited by GaboonViper on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kadyn

Re: Katelin Facility Tank Date :D

Post by kadyn »

I'll be up for DPS if its on the weekend, have done MP on this. Can range, melee for debli last boss or handle the ball :D
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

I can DPS it. Can do impairs on 5th boss depending on the strategy ^^
GaboonViper

Post by GaboonViper »

Can range, melee for debli last boss or handle the ball
You mean expose hehe :D. Well that might not be a bad idea, since if you are new tank, kiting the ball is hard enough without keeping stacks at 10.
By handle the ball you mean burn it? I never did that strategy before. I mean if you are not healtanking there is the problem that rapidgetaway doesnt really work by default and without it, one could have serious trouble staying ahead of the ball. So maybe we can try that too. Even though for some strange reason, SocialSecurity can kite the ball without rapidgetaway and with only 1.9k HP, I have no freaking idea how thats possible :D. As dps I always die after two rounds because Karma & Potion on cooldown.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Thank you all so very much for signing up to this :) Please sign Durendal up for the final slot - you can all discuss which roles you want to take - and as I know I will be in a team with 3 people who could tank it instead of me... at least if we start crying and you all are with keyboard key prints in your foreheads - we can switch out and you can show me what I am doing wrong ;)

If any of you have a build suggestion I can work with, that would be apprecaited.

Would Saturday at 18:00 be ok?
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
GaboonViper

Post by GaboonViper »

Basically healtank works great in facility... Other than that there is nothing special except that you should know that damage income is practically non-existent in this dungeon, so its more about tactics and also about impairs for the 5th boss. You should have an impair-heavy build ready for the 5th. For all others its good if you deal a decent amount of damage, maybe without any defensive stats, just dps with some health items. Ciritty had some melee dps thread around here but I can't find it right now.

For the 5th, you should go with:

Domino Effect
Helter Skelter
Chaotic Pull
Mass Provoke can be very useful as an "oh-shit" button if you fail to control Capsule Breaker
Discord Rising too

Personally I would use Fist as secondary (when I don't healtank for whatever reason) for two reasons:

# two additional range impairs, namely Muzzle & Bushwrack
# Self heal, not for heal but to trigger rapidgetaway on last boss

The more experienced you get with the 5th boss the less impairs you will need. Katarina does it with only CP and Helter Skelter but thats really super hard mode.

Also I like to add that you may be interested in healtanking this dungeon right away ^^ (I can still have RnS and some backup leech in case you need it). Its really not much about gear here, so it doesnt matter if you have the right glyph stats or whatever. Some 1.5k heal rate and 10k health (with anima) will be sufficient.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Would have signed, but I'm a crappy DPS.
kadyn

Post by kadyn »

Yea exposed =). Lots of ppl get lags on boss 6, so 1 dps can go ar and have fear and wonder passive on, and burn the ball to 1 hp, and keep hitting it as it regen (slowly with the passive), and the ball will move so slow that it's wouldnt be an issue, then tank can just hold and expose the boss.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

I dont have any heal rating stuff I dont think - is this likely to be a huge hinderance?
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

Only if you play as healtank, Kate.