Logo ideas needed

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Logo ideas needed

Post by Katelin »

Create a new logo!
Our 9S Bestiary is growing at a really good pace thanks to dedicated attention from Naite and Elil. However, I think it could use a bit of omph by having its own logo.

Please respond to this thread with your ideas. It doesn't have to be a fully finished swanky logo just ideas and when possible sketches.

Link to the Bestiary: http://www.nine-swords.com/bestiary.php
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Naite

Re: Logo ideas needed

Post by Naite »

Want to put credit where credit is due, Elil has done most of the work.
Telluride

Post by Telluride »

9S logo seems fine as it is *shrugs*
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

I didnt mean the 9S logo - I meant a separate logo for our 9S Bestiary :) Perhaps incorporating our swords.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
TheBerch

Post by TheBerch »

I can come up with some ideas if its something that is actually wanted. Having a graphic design degree, I might as well use it for something ... right
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Would be great to see what you can come up with - definitely something that still needs some pretties :D
TheBerch

Post by TheBerch »

Ive kinda been swamped with work. But I have off the rest of the week so I could use some things to keep me busy. The problem with just designing a logo is, it may look out of place with the rest of the website / design. They kinda need to flow together. I could make something awesome, but have it belittle everything else. Its your call, I can even do some of the header work for the site as well if you want me too.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

If you are that swamped, it is really not a problem.

My main problem with graphics for the site is that we have to cut them so much that they still allow a reasonable minimum and maximum width for different sized monitors. Therefore, it is easy to quickly become restricted in what can go into each section. I am not unhappy with my current attempt - see where the mood takes you, and if you really have the lust to invest time into it :)

The Bestiary needs attention so we can breathe more visiting activity into it - this was my main reason for suggesting that it gains its own logo.
Deerhound

Post by Deerhound »

I can't draw worth a damn, but off the top of my head I imagine something like Middle Ages heraldry: a mythical beast (like a dragon or some Devil-like creature), in the rampant position, with a sword passing through it horizontally.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Anything to show us, TheBerch? :) Would be interested to see what you have come up with!!