A State of Frenergy

Coffee, cake and a chat. (IC)
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Arcadius

A State of Frenergy

Post by Arcadius »

Prologue

The title comes from an amalgamation of the words “frenetic” and “energy” which were the two qualities I desired for the ending of the concerto. The tempo for this short concert opener is brisk and the pacing of melodic ideas is often a bit frantic as befitting the title.

- John Estacio on "Frenergy"

It's a curious thing, being thrust into a world like this one. It's nothing like the cartoons they show on Saturday mornings to kids hyped up on sugar, parents berating them to do something more constructive. There's no real "good-guys" behind the masked heroes here. Hell, I'd hardly call anyone in the business a hero. And you know why that is? Because we've built ourselves a nice House of Lies. Everything, ever since the Templars first drew swords in Babylon, no, since man could first open his eyes, has contributed to this nicely stacked House of Lies. Every dingy nightclub-sex-beer-induced deal all the way from harems to strip joints and the courts of kings to a Fortune 500 Exec's Suite, every little "tall tale" a parent has told a child, has been a card placed in this wonderful little house we build around ourselves, to act like everything is normal.

Society makes a Strip Club to be an object of sin. I can tell you they're right, to a point. They just "forgot" to add the Illuminati to the the mix. They have boardrooms in half of them. And I can attest to this...unfortunately.

Society tells us that the true Capitalist market is the way to go. Laissez-faire. That's just the Dragon moving shipments around. Keeps the governments from checking shipments of weapons, anima, the usual. It's all controlled and monitored, don't worry.

And let's not forget, those little bedtime stories our parents told us as kids. You would think that Society makes them out to be harmless. Well I can tell you that they're simple constructs to imprint the Fear of Darkness. You find me one bedtime story book. Just one sheet of paper! And I'll show you the Templar watermark.

Society tells us these things to keep us from acting up or out. They don't want anyone moving out of place or finding out something that should have been locked away forever.

And I completely agree with them.

That House of Lies we've been stacking? We forgot to build a roof. We only build walls to keep out what's in our line of sight; what we fear this very moment. We've built a house, no forget that, a TOWER so high, if it stood before us today, it would rival Babel or the Shoulders of Atlas. It's worked so far.

But what if Atlas, just decided he'd had enough of his dismal existence? What if he wanted to cause a little pandemonium? A little entropy, some...chaos. Well there's not a damned thing we could do about the sky falling then, now could we?

There would be this spike in the evils that plague this world. Mix the results of all the hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, mass murders, genocides, wars, famines, infections, and that's what you'd get. You'd finally get something that humans can't keep from toppling the House of Lies. You'd get riots. Grief. Anger. Entropy. You'd get what happens when a kid learns that those bedtime stories were specific instructions on how to kill Darkness, and that the world was never as it seemed.

You'd get Frenergy
Last edited by Arcadius on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I once tried playing Blind Man's Bluff with a Tarot Deck. Someone got the Ten of Swords, and well, that was the end of that.