Sunday RP - Cabal only - 18 May 2014 - 18.30 GMT

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Sunday RP - Cabal only - 18 May 2014 - 18.30 GMT

Post by Floryn »

We are organising a Sunday 9S-RP (completely separate from the Monday Night RP storyline).

If you're interested in trying some RP, come and join us on Sunday 18 May at 18.30 GMT at the Albion Theatre.
Hope to see you there!

(Please leave a quick reply if you're planning on coming.)
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division
Tabbycat

Re: Sunday RP - Cabal only - 18 May 2014 - 18.30 GMT

Post by Tabbycat »

I plan to be there.

I'll spend the week creating a background story for my character.
Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Great!

Have a look at 'The Cabinet' here on the forum (if you haven't already). You can browse through a number of character sheets.
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Maelina

Post by Maelina »

Yes, the idea here is to try to find a time where our US members can also attend and have fun RPing !!

I personnaly won't be able to be here as I have previous commitments on Sunday evenings unfortunately :oops:
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

I'll be there. Though, depending on how the raid goes, may be there a little after the start time.
Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Great. We'll see you when you get there!

Floryn

Post by Floryn »

So, there it is. Our first Sunday RP was a great succes!

After we chatted for a bit, the others accompanied me to Egypt, because I hadn't heard back from a friend who runs a hotel there.
Sunday RP 1.png
Sunday RP 1.png (802.23 KiB) Viewed 3024 times
From left to right (not including me): Riane, Tara, Joleshie, Claretta and Aberlour.

The hotel was infested with hideous creatures who held some of the staff in cages!
(The pictures are too horrible to show.)

We finally found my friend...dead on the ground. A truly sad ending for such a great friend.

We headed back to the cafe in Al-Merayah, where we talked a bit about what happened.
Sunday RP 2.png
Sunday RP 2.png (1.67 MiB) Viewed 3024 times

Floryn

Post by Floryn »

The idea now is to schedule the Sunday RP every two weeks - next one on Sunday 1 June.

A new thread will be set up to post ideas for this.

Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

Egypt

We stand there, five of us, around a dead body, the stench of blood in the air. I don't know the man on the floor, but I know the pain of losing a friend. I offer my condolences to Dutch, his face a mixture of pain and anger, but they are meaningless words spoken by a near-stranger.

“I, I...I would like to kill all of these creatures. Payback!,” Dutch suddenly shouts, then runs out of the room.

I follow, finger on the trigger. Dutch finds the nearest group of ghouls and lets loose. We all do the same and make quick work of the fiends. But, as soon as they fall, more take their place. We fight for minutes, a never ending stream of ghouls.

“They seem to return as fast as we can kill them,” I say to no one in particular as I squeeze the trigger, splattering ghoul blood over the once pristine hotel walls.

We continue to another room, dispatching more ghouls, the futility starting to dawn on Dutch. Eventually he stops moving, and we stand there, five of us, around a dead body. The stench of death in the air.

Fucking Egypt. It never gets better.
Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Wow. Great narative. Got me right back there!