[Planning Phase] Cabal Recruitment Fair

Old Event requests
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

[Planning Phase] Cabal Recruitment Fair

Post by Katelin »

Tokyo is on its way, and I am sure lots of people are going to be coming back to TSW in this time and will be looking for a cabal. With this in mind - I am in the planning phase of a Cabal Recruitment Fair.

To me, being in a cabal is a huge enhancing factor to playing any game. I absolutely love my cabal and am incredibly biased towards it. However, I know that not any single cabal can fit every players needs.. and that is why I would like to organise this event. To organise a Cabal Recruitment Fair for all factions and all interests to get together and promote their cabal.

My "plan" so far is to aim for:
Saturday 12th July, 18:00 GMT to 21:00 GMT in the Albion.

I have already made posts where I could - and will continue to do so to drum up support.

What I want from Nine Swords though is to think about what we could do to make us stick out as a cabal at this event:

Ideas from the thread Elania set up about this previously
• Q&A panels with various cabal leaders at the event
• Hosting it at the Albion theater this year, to take advantage of the facilities
• Having our second official Nine Swords party be an "afterparty" of this event

I already got in touch with GSP to ask if they would be interested in providing music, commentaries about who is there and running competitions.

I would be happy for 9S to donate PAX to set up some competition prizes. Does anyone have any ideas?

Looking forward to hearing from you all!!

Thanks,
Katelin
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Katelin
Leader

Re: [Planning Phase] Cabal Recruitment Fair

Post by Katelin »

Are no Swords interested in this??

So far I have the following cabals interested:
Cerberus Solutions (Illuminati)
The Stormchasers (Dragon)
Ordo Obscurus (Templar)
Scarlet and Cross Institute (Templar)
The Phoenix Group (Multi-Faction)

And I got this from GSP this morning - yay
I wanted to respond right away letting you know that we are very much interested in providing the music for your event.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
Weigelia
Twitter: @WeigeliaTSW

Post by Weigelia »

Of course I'm in :)
Keep cool and ride the Drama Lama.
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

Hi, of course I'm interested!
I think it would be a good idea to use some of the pax we have in the cabal bank for price money. Think that we should do the competitions with GSP? I have no idea what kind of competitions we could do and also fairly judge it (beside fashion competitions).
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

We used to give the DJ a set of 10 questions to ask over the course of an event - the first person to answer each question correctly in a /tell to the DJ was given currency as a prize.

We could perhaps run a competition for a tag line - that people have to submit their ideas to us in a tell with a word limit, then we judge it internally (perhaps a leader vote so our members could also take part) and then give the winner a prize.

Come in fancy dress could also be an idea (based on yours) and each person to come in a costume would win one of those bags that changes you into something when you click it.. or something.
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

May have sent some cabals your way Kate, ODO and The Host. Also, I will totally join/help out. I'll try to think of some ideas, but I'm not the best idea person for stuff like this.
Weigelia
Twitter: @WeigeliaTSW

Post by Weigelia »

Since it will be in the Albion, maybe we could give a live performance of Floryn's seminal work?
Keep cool and ride the Drama Lama.
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

Weigelia wrote:Since it will be in the Albion, maybe we could give a live performance of Floryn's seminal work?
That is a brilliant idea!
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

I appreciate your support - all of you :)

Timings depend on how many cabals sign up - I would like to give every cabal a time slot to talk on stage
Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Post by Floryn »

Hi,

Just want to reply that I just read this thread (don't know why only now...) and I'll see if I can come up with something that will make our Cabal stick out. If you need me to do anything, just let me know.

Performing my play would be absolutely brilliant of course! (Ah, the royalties...!) :mrgreen:
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division