Another raid day for NA team

Old Event requests
The-Gambit

Another raid day for NA team

Post by The-Gambit »

Hello everyone,

Since our NA team is almost full now and we didnt have much trouble killing the Lurker, maybe we should try to schedule another day for the raid. Now we have EU raids on thursdays and sundays (they have a full team) and NA raid only on wednesday. Since Aberlour cant raid on saturday, I was thinking about suggesting a 2nd team on sundays, maybe 2 hours after the EU raid (20h GMT / 13h PST). The 66h CD wont affect our wednesday schedule. With 2 teams we can equip more people and faster. We also would have more spots open for new raiders.

What do you guys think?

Nowadays I raid on saturdays in a friend's cabal and already have some DKP there, but I wouldnt mind losing it to raid with you guys.
"There is no knowledge that is not power" - Ralph Waldo
Kisshoten

Re: Another raid day for NA team

Post by Kisshoten »

That mostly depends on the number of NA raiders who can actually join.
This suggestion was also given couple of months ago, but not enough raiders for that.
Also the current wednesday raid is always supplemented with non-cabal players.

The 2nd Sunday NY Raid run(calling it like that since the first one also has NA players joining) can be organised if there's enough interest
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Teams are never "full". People join, leave, go on holidays, get annoyed with my leadership style etc. Need constant recruitment.

A second Sunday raid is always worth looking into but I don't know if we have quite enough players in the core roles to support two Sunday raids though. It's bad enough if some of our regulars go on holiday. Takes a fair bit to get a regular raid going.
fig

Post by fig »

What about just open-ending the signups for the Sunday raid. Instead of capping at 13, just let everyone sign. If you get 20+ppl set up two raids. If not, set up one, and the alternates can either pug, or do what the NA raid has done and build a list of non-cabal people that are willing to use our loot system.
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

That was a bad experience when we used to do that of lots of people disappointed they didn't get in. The cap is in place for a very good reason.
The-Gambit

Post by The-Gambit »

I understand. We need more time to build a bigger NA team, since last raid we had to pug 1 person. Maybe we can come back to this idea when we have at least 11 cabal players on our raid constantly (1 reserve).

I though the sunday raid was always full and also the time (18h GMT) is not so good for American people (near lunch time).
fig

Post by fig »

I wasn't suggesting removing the cap in general. The raid document does a good job of explaining why it is there.
However, in the case which we are discussing (having two raids at the same time, on the same day) it seems like it makes sense to pool signups. So you don't get all the people for one role (e.g., tank-capable people) in one raid and prevent the other group from succeeding, even though there is a sufficient number of (virtual) bodies.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

As a small point from me if they are at the suggested times - ie. the time it already runs, and then 2 hours later - I would only sign up for the regular timed one. I wouldn't want to be shifted to a later slot.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
The-Gambit

Post by The-Gambit »

Katelin wrote:As a small point from me if they are at the suggested times - ie. the time it already runs, and then 2 hours later - I would only sign up for the regular timed one. I wouldn't want to be shifted to a later slot.
But for American players 18h GMT is very close to lunch time. And sunday lunch time is sacred for some families :lol:
So, If we had a 2nd raid 2 hours later I think NA players would prefer to sign up for that.

But as I said before we still need a complete team to think about it.
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

The point here is that sure, it's a great idea to consider getting another weekend raid off the ground that's better suited for US times. But don't count on the possibility of "pooling signups" too much. One experience from similarly oversubscribed events, like some of the lair runs, is that trying to coordinate two teams from one pool is already tricky and leads to big overhead. Doing that for 20 people plus reserves isn't something I would ask of raid leaders. At best it might be possible to coordinate reserves' ability to sign up for the second raid.

What's really needed to get this off the ground is a dedicated raid leader for the time that's also familiar with the existing loot system and that can run the raid. But I'm sure that Claretta, Kiss or Aberlour can help with training on that part.