The Search for Tyler Freeborn

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Maelina

The Search for Tyler Freeborn

Post by Maelina »

We did a few days ago an absolutely awesome and fun run of the whole Issue 6 missions, ending with Last Train to Cairo (did I mention how awesome and fun it was ??), and we're ready to do that again, with Issue 5 this time, and the search for Tyler Freeborn !!

We're thinking of Friday, November 7 for this run, who would be interested ?? :P

Seventh

Re: The Search for Tyler Freeborn

Post by Seventh »

This is for advanced characters, I take it?
Chaosetor
Twitter: @Chaosetor_tsw

Post by Chaosetor »

Seventh wrote:This is for advanced characters, I take it?
With the team we had last time, and likely will put together this time, it is not all that important with gear. Though you should have finished the main storyline to get the most out of it :) Also, parts of this storyline must be completed alone. The first time I did this storyline on my ALT Templar character, I had QL 10 blue and green talismans, which made it quite easy, so based on that experience it should be possible to complete the missions with gear under those QLs too.
Also, if you'll let me tag along this time too, I would be honoured to join.

Edit: It also depends on how the times collide with the MP weekend, I'm only signed as a reserve on the 7th, so I'll have to see how that works out.

Edit 2: Also, for those of you who read my previous, unaltered version of this post, I'd like to stress that you do not have to complete the main storyline, or even have the gear I described to complete these missions. It made it easy for me, but I imagine it should be possible to complete even with QL 6 or 7, possibly even lower than that too. So if it sounds tempting, then I urge you to join, as the runthrough of issue 6 was great fun, and I imagine this will be, too :D
Last edited by Chaosetor on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Post by Floryn »

I would be up for it! I would like to take things a bit slower then last time though and focus on the main story. And the idea we had buzzing was to do it RP style, so with a bit of discussion and sightseeing and stuff.

Let me know what you think of that.
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division
Maelina

Post by Maelina »

Floryn wrote:And the idea we had buzzing was to do it RP style, so with a bit of discussion and sightseeing and stuff.
I would love that !
One of the best times I've ever had in The Secret World so far was when we did the Hell dungeon completely in-character, that was absolutely awesome ... slow, but awesome :P
Seventh

Post by Seventh »

I'm still working my way through the main story so I guess I'll have to miss this one. RPing the whole thing sounds like fun though.

~Seventh
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

I would say you can do Issues 5 and 6 w/o having completed the main story just fine, it's really only 7-9 that take place after the main story is complete.

The only problem I could see would be struggling with the last part of Issue 5 if you're still in QL 4-5ish greens.
Chaosetor
Twitter: @Chaosetor_tsw

Post by Chaosetor »

Seventh wrote:I'm still working my way through the main story so I guess I'll have to miss this one. RPing the whole thing sounds like fun though.

~Seventh
Having completed the main story is not a necessity at all, though I may have made it sound like it. It's great fun to do the issue, especially in the company of others, and RPing does sound like an interesting twist, so don't let your gear or your story progression stop you if you want to join :D
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.
Seventh

Post by Seventh »

I'm working through BM right now with QL 5-6 blues and greens. I don't want to hold people up if I can't pass the solo parts.

What time are people planning on starting?

~Seventh
BrokenPieces
Twitter: stygianbrood

Post by BrokenPieces »

On the other hand, you could try to join or organise any event concerning elite dungeons which normal versions you have already passed. It would upgrade your gear without spoiling the plot etc.
All stories are lies. But good stories are lies made from light and fire. And they lift our hearts out of the dust, and out of the grave.