Cabal Pride - Recruitment event (Feb 21st)

Old Event requests
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Cabal Pride - Recruitment event (Feb 21st)

Post by Katelin »

Autumn last year I started thinking about the next Recruitment event I would like to host as 9S, and ended up with the idea for Cabal Pride.

The main idea for this event is like a parade / procession - with cabals having groups of people walking down a set street in London doing something carnival-like. This would then have the GSP DJ telling the listeners which cabal they can see doing whatever they are doing, and I would type like a maniac again in a set chat and tweet like crazy during it. It would then end with a party in the park.

I would like to run this on Saturday 21st Feb at 19:00GMT for 3hours, and have contacted GSP for their availability as this was something that Iolanthe and I brainstormed together last year.

So.. what do I want from 9S? Firstly, ideas.

What could we do together, walking through London to show us off?
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Aberlour
SWL Community

Re: Cabal Pride - Recruitment event (Feb??)

Post by Aberlour »

Idea 1) For it not to be on a Wednesday so I can make it? ;P (Actually, depending on the time, I'd probably just take a half day at work.) Or, if we did it on a Sunday or Monday, I could make my wife be the GSP DJ since she does that now. Though, I'd still have to take part of the day off.

Now, what could we do to show off? We could dance? Floryn's play? A choreographed fight (Which, I guess would have to be melee?) Or maybe choreographed things based on our divisions? Like, having two people spamming attacks at each other for Misericorde , someone wearing a glamour being a mob, and someone using an attack to "kill" them for Zweihander, etc? I mean, I have no idead what the etc is for many of of our divisions, though.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

I am planing for a Saturday evening.

I already asked Trev at the last recruitment event to be the DJ.. but perhaps we can do it with 2 DJs? One for the parade, one for the after party??

As for showing off... it has to be something we can do while moving.. it has to keep flowing - like the parade, perhaps with small stops as we go down the street (likely one outside Albion with park on the other side)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
Mellified

Post by Mellified »

Quick thoughts:
Same coloured clothing for each division or the whole cabal
Same pets - esp the fighting dragons
Synchronised dodging or dashing - 1,2,3 Rocket jump!
All doing the samba at a stop
Giving out a clue based on a person's name and if they find that person in the parade they get a prize
Everybody in the same glamour
Letting off fireworks
I was carried to Ohio
In a swarm of bees

- The National Bloodbuzz Ohio
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

I like the idea of us all wearing the "same" thing very much - and for using the red dragon pets. I also really love the idea of doing a dance at each stop.. perhaps scripted? And during this time for us to shout some 9S propaganda, let off fireworks and make us look shiny lovely :D
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

Oh.Haha. I was looking at January's calendar. Not February. I did think it was odd you wanted to do it on a Wednesday.
Saunabath
Leader

Post by Saunabath »

First thing that came to my mind is we could show off the various templar uniforms. We could try to have both male and female versions, show what weapons the decks are based on and maybe do some of the flashier attacks on the way.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

I had wondered about Templar uniforms.. but then wondered if that made us look too RP-ish.

Not that I don't want to shout about us RPing, but I don't want to give the impression we only RP... does that make sense? What do you think?
BrokenPieces
Twitter: stygianbrood

Post by BrokenPieces »

Then maybe just red clothes?
All stories are lies. But good stories are lies made from light and fire. And they lift our hearts out of the dust, and out of the grave.
Saunabath
Leader

Post by Saunabath »

I was thinking more of the deck outfits you get by purchasing the different skills. And showing them in sort of informative way, letting the people see the outfits that templars get to wear.

But I do also think that having everybody in uniform could give a very RP centric image.