[Suggestion] Secret World Buyers guide

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
GreenExorcist
Twitter: @MrMToomey

[Suggestion] Secret World Buyers guide

Post by GreenExorcist »

I was unsure how to approach buying this mmo starting off, so here is a guide for people considering joining the Secret World.

Starting out you have Standard (29.99) vs Massive Edition (59.99).

Massive edition has issues 5, 6, and 7. It also has some neat items. Personally, I think it is better to go for this then standard edition due to less of a hassle. Issues are $10 each, so price is around the same.

If you do go Standard, then the system is a bit more complex. After playing for a while you will be offered membership for 30% off first time only. Membership is usually 14.99/month, but the discount brings it down to 10.49/month. Membership gives you $10/month of in store credit, and a 10% discount on all things in the store; among other goodies. So buy enough months so that your membership pays for Issues 5, 6, and 7, while the offer is available.

Alright, the final step is to buy Tokyo. The best way to do this is to buy the Fall of Tokyo pack. The Fall of Tokyo pack is a great deal, and Issue 8 is for end gamers. You may find this this is cheaper through membership credits as well.

Buying made simple: -> = around a month

Massive: Massive ---------------------------------> Membership-> Fall of Tokyo -> Issue 8

Standard: Standard-> Membership-> Issue 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> Fall of Tokyo -> Issue 8

Also to consider:

The Master pack is tempting, but I don't think its worth it since you get the 10% stuff through membership anyway, and starter items become worthless in a relatively short period of time. Membership is a lot more flexible.

Points of interest:

Issues are $10 a piece.

Membership is 10.49 the first time and 14.99/month after that.

Membership gives you $10/month of in store credit, and a 10% discount on all things in the store.

The Fall of Tokyo is 19.99. It includes 3 issues, 2 side mission packs, and a uniform. An awesome deal.

Venetian agenda is issue 8.
Last edited by GreenExorcist on Tue May 19, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So a demon walks into a bar and- "NOT TODAY!"

- My character learning how to take a joke.
Saunabath
Leader

Re: [Suggestion] Secret World Buyers guide

Post by Saunabath »

One thing to add there is the Grand Master Pack, which is a lifetime subscription. It includes the above mentioned Master Pack, but instead of ten, it gives 20% discount for the items at the in game store. You also get the mentioned 1200 subscriber points per month, which can be used to buy the issues. And thanks to the discount, a single issue does not need a months worth of points to buy.

Lifetime subscription is 140, which is a little more than 12-month subscription, so it is an option for those those who plan to play the game a long time.
GreenExorcist
Twitter: @MrMToomey

Post by GreenExorcist »

I didnt know about the grand master pack. Thanks for the heads up.
So a demon walks into a bar and- "NOT TODAY!"

- My character learning how to take a joke.
Shock G

Post by Shock G »

I'd just like to add to Saunabath's comments by saying that the frequency of new content requiring purchase with points has always left me with enough points to purchase Collector's Editions, when available. I don't know if future content updates will be the same, but there is an achievement in issue 11 that requires you to be "disguised as an Orochi employee." There were already ways to get such a disguise, but getting the CE for issue 11 provides you with all the disguise you need.

Also, as a long-time player, the GM pack has more than paid for itself in my opinion.