CABAL PRIDE SEPTEMBER 2015

Old Event requests
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

CABAL PRIDE SEPTEMBER 2015

Post by Katelin »

I am starting to plan the next 9S hosted cabal recruitment event.

So far

When: 2nd weekend in September when most school vacations end.

Where: Ealdwich park stage

What: don't want to give my idea away yet but slight combination of last 2 events.

Why am I posting already without giving you more information? I'm looking for ideas!
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Antanahe

Re: Next cabal recruitment event, September?

Post by Antanahe »

How about a TSW/real life quizz ? Eventually combined with other events ?

In another mmorpg game I played, a quizz was actually a daily event organized by the goverment of my faction. It was a 30 min event and shouting out the right answer gave you a certain amount of money as a reward. Wasn't an astounding amount of money, but many took part for the fun of it and the themes varied from day to day meaning one day you could know a lot and others just suck.

Here, we could propose a (for exemple) 20 question quizz with 10 IRL and 10 TSW questions. The TSW questions can cover issues 1 to 4, thus not disadvantaging players that haven't bought the others issues. After that we can be as easy or as mean as we want with the questions: either choose something general that everyone will (or should) know, or take something out of the lore of the world and see how many have read up on it.
After that we can choose to give away what prizes we want: pax for the easy questions, augments for the really hard questions, ....

The rules in my previous mmorpg weren't difficult, the first person to shout out (in the right channel) the correct answer won. The decision about who won if two persons shouted out at the same time was determined by the time stamp of the chat of the quizz leader.

Even this idea isn't used in the recruitment event, maybe it's something that we organize as a cabal related event each day/week/month ? There is so much to learn in this game that it could be a fun way to share lore & knowledge, and make new players want to look that information up.
I shall tolerate no Evil. I shall stand by my comrades in arms, and guard their backs! I vow no Brother or Sister shall enter the battlefield without the knowledge, skill and equipement needed to overcome Evil.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

We have done quizzes at every event we have hosted so far - so definitely happy to do this, assuming the cabal are interested in putting up prizes again. The "prize packs" last event went down great :)

With regards to it being a more regular thing - that depends just on someone running it and having the prizes to give away :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

So we are set for September 12th, Cabal Pride: Variety Show.

GSPs Trevalin is booked, I'm working with them on an advert too.

What do I need from the Swords? More ideas!! Please contribute to this thread and where ideas stick out we can take them further into separate threads to discuss and develop.

I'm already excited!!
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

Prize support request form submitted to Funcom. Let's see how that works out this time :)
Kisshoten

Post by Kisshoten »

lol, looks like I'm missing out on all the cabal recruitment events >.<
In September I'll be busy working on my new house and moving.
GL Kate...but you've already shown you can do it with great success :)
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

Floryn's one-act play! :lol:
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

And we have a GSP advert!! Voiced by none other than Abes lovely wife! :D

Listen out for it on GSP.. I will be paying the 1m PAX for it today, so will hopefully be in rotation very soon :)
Aberlour
SWL Community

Post by Aberlour »

Katelin wrote:And we have a GSP advert!! Voiced by none other than Abes lovely wife! :D

Listen out for it on GSP.. I will be paying the 1m PAX for it today, so will hopefully be in rotation very soon :)
Nice! I just listened to it the other day, glad to see it was approved.
Katelin
Leader

Re: CABAL PRIDE SEPTEMBER 2015

Post by Katelin »

I especially loved the kiss at the end that came out of nowhere :D