Long-range RP Storylines (Ideas Welcome!)

Old Event requests
Hit-Parade
Twitter: @goldshield01

Long-range RP Storylines (Ideas Welcome!)

Post by Hit-Parade »

...pretty much exactly what it says in the message header!

Right now, we have two things we're considering building big storylines around.

One is events in Kaidan (and in Japan, or the rest of the Pacific Rim), both in general and in the wake of the plot revelations of Issues 9-12. This would include the possibility of using Kaidan and/or Seoul to represent other major Asian urban areas. We understand that many who would be interested might not be able to access Kaidan (or to survive adventuring in Kaidan) at present, and part of such a storyline would include bringing those players up to speed.

The other is around the recently emerging idea of 9 Swords as an actual "in-character" organization, as far as RP goes. A central part of of any major storyline we do should involve 9S, and its IC place in the secret world. It's been established that 9S is a suborganization within the Templars, but what exactly it does, its history, how it relates to the central leadership, how much autonomy it has, etc. have never been clearly discussed. Maybe that lack of clarification could serve as fuel for plots in of itself.

Does anyone else (Rapier or not) have .02 Pax to throw in, either on the aforementioned ideas or with some of their own? There are no wrong answers right now! :D
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: Long-range RP Storylines (Ideas Welcome!)

Post by Katelin »

Hit-Parade wrote:...The other is around the recently emerging idea of 9 Swords as an actual "in-character" organization, as far as RP goes. A central part of of any major storyline we do should involve 9S, and its IC place in the secret world. It's been established that 9S is a suborganization within the Templars, but what exactly it does, its history, how it relates to the central leadership, how much autonomy it has, etc. have never been clearly discussed. Maybe that lack of clarification could serve as fuel for plots in of itself.
^^ this. I am interested in being involved in this - though mainly just as a behind the scenes type role. I am not good at RPing - but I love plotting and planning :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Deerhound

Post by Deerhound »

I thought that, in-character, our organization was created to bridge the gap between Old and New Templars. My memory's hazy, though--that may just be the idea I threw out there when we last discussed IC origins of the Nine Swords.
Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

You are right - it was created to do exactly that. That is also what is written in our founding story thread as an explanation.

Though the other parts, to expand on that after the years we have worked within 9S and to look to see whether we are still upholding our mission statement - and how could be some great starting points for new story arcs for the cabal.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
Floryn
Twitter: @DutchFloryn

Post by Floryn »

Hiya,

Not sure how useful this is yet but I thought I'd give it a go and we'll see if it works. :?
(You can zoom in by opening the picture in a new tab.)
The Secret World.jpeg
The Secret World.jpeg (159.64 KiB) Viewed 4577 times

Edit: I have a feeling of Deja Vu, btw. Did I make something like this before?
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Proud member of Nine Swords - Leader of the Rapier Division
Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Katelin wrote:[...] That is also what is written in our founding story thread as an explanation. [...]
Where can I find that founding story thread?
"...the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." - H.P. Lovecraft

Katelin
Leader

Post by Katelin »

https://www.nine-swords.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=160

edit.. and the room we were sitting in is the one with the large table
https://www.nine-swords.com/directives.php?d=79
Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Katelin wrote:https://www.nine-swords.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=160

edit.. and the room we were sitting in is the one with the large table
https://www.nine-swords.com/directives.php?d=79
Thank you! 8-)

Antanahe

Post by Antanahe »

As I see it (kinda of), the Templars (meaning Temple Hall) are a bit like the United Nations: Temple Hall is the mouth (figurehead, administrative, does the PR, overall organisation), but it needs eyes, ears and hands to know what is going where and when: it needs feedback from the field (footwork, military, cabals). We (the cabals) operate in a given territory (which can overlap sometimes) and we keep a lookout for paranormal activity. Remember we are a Secret World, we don't want to the Normals to know what is going is, so each cabal patrols & observes its territory, taking action whenever necessary to keep the Secret. Picked up information is analysed and relayed to Temple Hall (Dame Julia ?) if it important enough to affect the world/ Templars worldwide or if it is unusual. All the rest is handled by the cabals locally, who give a quarterly or monthly report to Temple Hall.

For 9S in particular, we have our main territory in Europe, with a good implantation in North America, and a few small outposts in Australia, New Zealand and Asia. Anything our members spot or pick up is related to HQ or a local leader. As we are a strong cabal with a good filled-in membership, I don't think Temple Hall would interfere often with us, and we might actually be called in to help out other cabals if they have a problem bigger than they can handle themselves. As with most military operations, the less we hear from the administration (except for our salaries) the happier everyone is.
I shall tolerate no Evil. I shall stand by my comrades in arms, and guard their backs! I vow no Brother or Sister shall enter the battlefield without the knowledge, skill and equipement needed to overcome Evil.
Floryn

Post by Floryn »

Antanahe wrote:As I see it (kinda of), the Templars (meaning Temple Hall) are a bit like the United Nations: Temple Hall is the mouth (figurehead, administrative, does the PR, overall organisation), but it needs eyes, ears and hands to know what is going where and when: it needs feedback from the field (footwork, military, cabals). We (the cabals) operate in a given territory (which can overlap sometimes) and we keep a lookout for paranormal activity. Remember we are a Secret World, we don't want to the Normals to know what is going is, so each cabal patrols & observes its territory, taking action whenever necessary to keep the Secret. Picked up information is analysed and relayed to Temple Hall (Dame Julia ?) if it important enough to affect the world/ Templars worldwide or if it is unusual. All the rest is handled by the cabals locally, who give a quarterly or monthly report to Temple Hall.
I like this idea. But for a storyline it would mean we would need someone to act as a member of Temple Hall. Perhaps one of our leaders (Uragon IC or Elizabeth IC for instance) would take up a seat at the 'round table' (if they have one).
Antanahe wrote:For 9S in particular, we have our main territory in Europe, with a good implantation in North America, and a few small outposts in Australia, New Zealand and Asia. Anything our members spot or pick up is related to HQ or a local leader. As we are a strong cabal with a good filled-in membership, I don't think Temple Hall would interfere often with us, and we might actually be called in to help out other cabals if they have a problem bigger than they can handle themselves. As with most military operations, the less we hear from the administration (except for our salaries) the happier everyone is.
Like!

___

What about bridging the gap between the old Templar guard and the new guard? Who do we consider old or new in Nine Swords? Does it cause friction within the cabal (IC of course ;))? Do these members have their own agenda?