Oh Which server to choose?

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Kleopas

Oh Which server to choose?

Post by Kleopas »

Just a thought in preparation for next Friday. Will we be meeting on chat and picking a server to play on as a group or have I missed this already.

ps. Fun to be back on the forums :P
Kort

Re: Oh Which server to choose?

Post by Kort »

hoping FC gives us a list of actual launch servers and their designations (PvE/RP/Etc.) before early access starts.
name: Baron McArthur
alias: Kort
affiliations: Templars, Nine Swords
abilities: Assault Rifle, Pistols, Fists, Blades, and Blood Magic
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

Yes, as far as I understand it is important we all roll characters on the same server. I will aim to be online for when the servers go up on launch and also sit in the web site chat. Will then strive to announce our server choice in an as spammy way as possible. To prepare, it's important you check our Internal threads on the topic, like the "RP or not RP server?" vote.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

I will also strive to make this clear via Facebook / Twitter etc - I am the queen of Spam, baked beans and spam.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Fez

Post by Fez »

If FC have sense they will announce the servers but we cannot count on it. I will wait for the announcement before rolling my toon.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

I won't fill 3 or 4 slots so quickly after launch, so I'm sure I'll have at least one slot free to roll a character on the server we'll choose, once we choose it :)
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

The main issue in your scenario is simply that nicknames are unique in the game and I don't think renaming is supported. So you might want to refrain from rolling your "main" nick until you know.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

I tested the "delete character" feature to that end :D It works immediately!
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

I wouldn't count on reservations surviving that process though. At least for very popular nicks (you know, stuff like real names or similar) deleting it to recreate half a minute later might already be a race condition with someone else that also wants to roll a "Jeff" or "Ohforf".
Generator

Post by Generator »

So you should find a buddy who reserves names for you and then he/she can delete the char at the exact minute you are trying to create yours ;-)