Creating Addons

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Sytrilix

Creating Addons

Post by Sytrilix »

Evening,

It has been awhile since I built some addons for a game, especially flash based that this game uses I think? Anyway, is there any specific place someone can recommend to show what the game would be able to do in regards to an addon. From what I have seen we can modify the UI a bit, gear addons and such.

I have no clue if anyone of you played WoW but there was addons before Zygor stole the show but I helped modify some of Joannas in-game leveling guide for example and if we could do something like this in TSW like an overlay that you can put stuff in and be taken to next steps, given in-game information and such (if there is not one already) then I may try something like this.

Cheers
If you were smart you would run and protect yourself, from the demon living within me.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: Creating Addons

Post by Katelin »

I cant really help you myself - but maybe this can help you : https://tswmods.wordpress.com/
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Xkraft

Post by Xkraft »

There are 121 mods to TSW atm, not all is patched up, so dont know how many working.

u might, or minght not, want to use Curse Client for mods. (advertisement-hellhole, but makes it easy)

Heres a list of addons.
https://mods.curse.com/tsw-mods/tsw

I got no clue to making addons, only simple chat-scripts...
Sytrilix

Post by Sytrilix »

Thanks Katelin, I had found that via googling and will see how it goes for this game or anything new from that.

I did used to download my WoW mods from there but refuse to use their client. I'll have a look and see what they have and if anything that seems useful can be updated with the authors permission and such too.

I have not searched yet but is there a calendar mod in-game, perhaps one can be made that works as a link between the forum and the add-on too to show in-game events via phpBB calendar system here for example too, that would not require much effort but again, depends what the game allows to be done and what can be done with the language the addons work with.
If you were smart you would run and protect yourself, from the demon living within me.
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

The calendar integration of the forum or even with the game is one of the biggest issues I have with the 9S site as it is, as having a working, well integrated calendar is a must have for us in my eyes. And I can't find anything useful for the new phpBB version or even an alternate forum software that I could easily migrate to. If you have any good input on this, it would be very appreciated.
Sytrilix

Post by Sytrilix »

It has been awhile since I used phpBB as I mainly use XenForo and vBulletin for customers websites so I design add-ons for those but having said that, phpBB is not much different. If the game allows for it to work I am happy to look into this and see if we can get it working on a test environment and work on design afterwards.
LeMort
Twitter: lemortieth

Post by LeMort »

regarding Curse-client, the new version is WoW only.
To use Curse for TSW-addons you'll need to find the legacy-version

LeM:)rt
Sytrilix

Post by Sytrilix »

LeMort wrote:regarding Curse-client, the new version is WoW only.
To use Curse for TSW-addons you'll need to find the legacy-version

LeM:)rt
I refuse to use their client either way but thanks for the information, might try it on a VM.
Sytrilix

Post by Sytrilix »

Uragon wrote:The calendar integration of the forum or even with the game is one of the biggest issues I have with the 9S site as it is, as having a working, well integrated calendar is a must have for us in my eyes. And I can't find anything useful for the new phpBB version or even an alternate forum software that I could easily migrate to. If you have any good input on this, it would be very appreciated.
I just read from 2014 that you can do this...
Would it be possible to have an addon access any forum calendar and show the dates ingame?

I don't know how complicated it is to access a web server through funcoms flash api, but i know some addons (Field agent locator and rp-mod) do it.
Which means that at least you can do what would be required with their API but apparently it is a pain to get working, that being said, if it can be done, there must be a way so I can definitely look into it.
Sytrilix

Post by Sytrilix »

Uragon, what specifically do you want the calendar to be able to do on the forum and in-game? Just have the in-game one duplicate the forum one via a database?

What addon and phpbb version do you currently also use (can PM it if you want) so I can get a test environment going.