Rapier "hands-on" workshop: roleplay session

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Rapier "hands-on" workshop: roleplay session

Post by Xeeyon »

Rapier "hands-on" workshop:
Roleplay session

This is be the first official planned roleplay session of the Rapier Division. It will be a "hands-on" workshop, because there is nothing like "doing it" to see how we're doing it!

WHEN:
Saturday July 7, 2012
Midnight GMT or 18:00 Central Daylight Time (North America)
Click here to see the time for your local area. (This time should match the time in the 9S calendar. If not, please let me know.)

WHERE:
To be announced!

SETTING (WHAT WILL HAPPEN):
The Rapier Division is hosting a meet and greet with the other members of the personnel. You will be informed on our mission and objectives and will get to know your colleagues a little better for upcoming operations.

The event will be In Character, so I will welcome you as such.

HOW TO PREPARE:
You may want to review some articles on Roleplay; they can be found in the Rapier directives. (Left hand menu, under 9S CENTRAL -> Directives, select "Rapier")

Some tips:
  • To create text emotes (like "Xeeyon smiles"), type /me <action> (ex. /me smiles).
  • You may wish to set up a separate window for roleplaying. Recommendations for channels to subscribe to are "Say" and "Tell". (Details on how to set up windows upcoming!]
  • It's a good idea to have a general idea of your character's personality, if possible. (Unless you're comfortable enough to make it on the fly.)
  • Be prepared to improvise.
  • If you give information about your character that you want to reconsider later, don't worry, there's always a way to "backtrack" later
  • Unless what you have to say Out of Character is meant for the whole group, please use /tell to the player to keep immersion breaking to a minimum during the event.
  • Since /whisper and /tell are the same, you can help to make the difference between an In Character whisper and an OOC tell by using the OOC brackets. Some examples of OOC brackets: [This is an OOC comment] or (( This is an OOC comment ))
The session will be In Character. You are not required to be heavily skilled at roleplay: it will be an opportunity to learn from one another and to learn how the other players play :)

Some basic conventions will apply, so that we can be on the same page (like avoiding the smileys (symbols like : ) or other types of smileys) in text).
It is not a crime if you slip and drop a smiley!!! I want to insist on this <insert a 1000 tons insisting weight here>.

REMEMBER: Please be tolerant and if possible, understanding. For some, it will be the first time the ice is broken for roleplaying on an MMO. If you are asked for comments on other people's play style, I ask you to please be considerate. Learning is a process and needs to be encouraged and supported, not mocked or shut down :) I'm counting on all of us to be helpful and friendly :)

"If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong!" :lol:
Tahrakaii

Re: Rapier "hands-on" workshop: roleplay session

Post by Tahrakaii »

Sounds like fun and if I'm able I'll attend, but it's kind of late for me (2.00 a.m. starting time here), so not sure I can.
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

If I'm on earlier (which I likely will), maybe we can get your "briefing" done before the start. I can see that 2 am is late :)
Pride

Post by Pride »

Might be "early enough" for me to have been able to get back home!
Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth -> Lust -> Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth -> Lust -> Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth ->
Beaubelle

Post by Beaubelle »

If I can catch you earlier, I might attend, else a bit late here too. But don't let that stop you, we'll have plenty of opportunities lateron I'm sure :)
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

Okay, I'll have a look at the schedule and see if I couldn't squeeze an earlier session for the EU crowd :)
Pride

Post by Pride »

Well, I'm out that night, getting drunk.... So for me, later would be better than earlier :D
Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth -> Lust -> Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth -> Lust -> Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth ->
Xeeyon
Founder (retired)

Post by Xeeyon »

The location has been updated to Ayiti restaurant in London.
SirVent

Post by SirVent »

I wish you all the best. Ventus Forge is currently on assignment will be unable to attend. OpSec prohibits me from divulging any further into the matter. Have fun everyone!
Hebdomas

Post by Hebdomas »

Here's a list of emotes I found on the TSW forums, thought it might be helpful.

Code: Select all

/accuse
/born
/cartwheel
/checkwatch_left
/clap_excited
/cough_small
/cover_eyes
/Duck
/Emote_Drink
/Emote_Hands_Behind_Back
/Emote_Hands_On_Hips