Name Suggestions?

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Kort

Name Suggestions?

Post by Kort »

Been doing some checking around, and apparently the first & last name slots are REQUIRED when making a character, cannot be left blank. So that's had me thinking about my planned name...and Davion "Kort" Roth doesn't sound very good to me. I know you can hide first and last names in the UI prefs, but that doesn't affect yourself, just what name you see for other people's characters.

The name is basically a mash up of my former SWTOR names, my smuggler was Davion and my legacy surname was Roth, my agent's name was Kort. All 3 together sounds like poo, so I'm trying to think of something that flows a little better. One cool thing I found out when googling about the name Kort is it is of Norse origin and means "Courageous" or "Honest Advisor"...picked the perfect character name not even knowing anything about it until now! lol :)

So, I'm having issues coming up with something decent that flows well, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be open. :) I know I will have hide first/last name on in my gui prefs because I just prefer knowing people's nicks, but I'm sure many people will have them visible, and I don't want people seeing a full name I'm not happy with.

...I know, dumb... :oops:
name: Baron McArthur
alias: Kort
affiliations: Templars, Nine Swords
abilities: Assault Rifle, Pistols, Fists, Blades, and Blood Magic
Hebdomas

Re: Name Suggestions?

Post by Hebdomas »

http://www.behindthename.com/
Tons of names with meanings and etymology. I use it constantly to come up with character names.
Pride

Post by Pride »

Of Norse origin? :D

In Swedish, Kort means either "Short" or "Card" depending on how you pronounce it. ;)
Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth -> Lust -> Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth -> Lust -> Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth ->
Kort

Post by Kort »

Pride wrote:Of Norse origin? :D

In Swedish, Kort means either "Short" or "Card" depending on how you pronounce it. ;)
A word in another language does not a meaning of a name make! :P I'm sure there's lots of similar words in many different languages that all mean something different. hehe
name: Baron McArthur
alias: Kort
affiliations: Templars, Nine Swords
abilities: Assault Rifle, Pistols, Fists, Blades, and Blood Magic
Pride

Post by Pride »

Yes of course!

It was just interesting to me, because Swedish is in part a norse language ;)
Strange to see how words can change meaning.
Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth -> Lust -> Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth -> Lust -> Pride -> Envy -> Wrath -> Greed -> Gluttony -> Sloth ->