Just made a thread on the official forums

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Tahrakaii

Just made a thread on the official forums

Post by Tahrakaii »

And I thought I'd inform you too since it does concern my future with 9S.
http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showth ... ost1225368

Long story short; I'm not enjoying my time in TSW as much as I should be. I want to, I really do, but... several things are bugging me and the one in the post I linked is the biggest of those things.
Fez

Re: Just made a thread on the official forums

Post by Fez »

I'm sorry to hear you're not enjoying the game. Your points in that post are unlikely to be changed, as it would mean a complete overhaul of the combat system/balance/etc, I'm afraid, so I feel that you may have to either try to enjoy it, or accept that the game may not ever be something you could come to enjoy.

We do this for enjoyment, after all, and if you're unhappy then that defeats the purpose!

I hope that you can come to find a build that you enjoy, but it sounds like you've done the works.
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Sorry that things are not turning out how you hoped and expected with TSW - please let us know if you do decide to stop playing after your 30 days, then at least we know you havent just disappeared because of us!! :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Tahrakaii

Post by Tahrakaii »

Sure thing. I'm going to keep giving it a try at least until my time runs out, since there's a lot I DO like, but I'm not getting the lifetime sub that's for sure. :P

Maybe guild activities and RPing will be enough to let me enjoy the parts of the game I DO like. :)
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

There are a lot of non builder/consumer abilities out in the second ring, but they all have cool downs and such... I have my doubts that a solid deck can be made purely out of those though. Personally it's the events (RP/PVP/raids/parties) that make the game for me. Combat is pretty central to an MMO too though and if it's not for you then it's not for you.

If you do decide to leave feel free to check back with us to see about any combat changes. Ragnar teased a bit about adding new weapons and tweaking combat. What exactly I don't know. It might just be changing numbers and stats, or it might be something drastic.