Proposal: GSP Party

Old Event requests
Didaskalos

Proposal: GSP Party

Post by Didaskalos »

Greetings PR Overlords,

I wanted to propose an event to Estoc (et al.) for furthering our brand out there. As you can surmise from the subject of this thread, I'm suggesting a GSP party. Per my friends over there, throwing a party is free. Per me, you should still come up with prizes to help get your name out there. I've already been looking over the 'how to post an Estoc sponsored event' thread and I am willing to take point on this. What I want to know from Estoc primarily and from any others in the cabal is:
  1. Who else would be interested in helping?
  2. What is a good day of the week (presumably Friday-Sunday since the upcoming holidays are not universal/are booked)?
  3. What is a good time slot for those interested in getting involved?
  4. What contribution would the cabal be willing to give, and what should I look to dig up myself?
Again, I am volunteering to take point on this, so I'm not looking to put it off on anyone else. The questions above are needed so I know what I can run with and give me an idea of how long I should plan it in advance.

With the upcoming holidays (Halloween/Samhain, US Veteran's Day, US Thanksgiving, the December Holidays, etc.) we may be looking at January/February, but that comes up fast. One event my orgs in AO put on every Valentine's Day was a PvP-themed event called "Die, Die, My Darling."

Lastly, for those not familiar with what I'm talking about, here's DJ Ashval's explanation from the GSP-TSW website:
Ashval wrote:GridStream TSW is proud to announce that our Event Request tool via the website is now LIVE! To request an event, simply click on the Events tab and then "Schedule an event." Fill out the easy form, and you'll be on your way!

Also, you can poke around the website and see that many other features are now activated. You can use the Contact tab to reach various members of our staff for feedback. Our Links section has also been updated to include some of our partners, various community sites and other helpful sites we recommend. More updates will be coming soon!

As always, thanks for supporting GridStream Productions in The Secret World! We hope to see all of you at The Revolution event on Huldra on October 6th! :)

DJ Ashval
Director, GSP-TSW
Thanasi Vasiliou - Rapier Division
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: Proposal: GSP Party

Post by Katelin »

Im personally happy to collaborate on this - also been to a huge stack of GSP parties in the past, organised an almost yearly one for our guild in AO while we were still active.

It worked really well for people to take on tasks within the guild as things that were happening through the party, so that everyone had a chance to get involved as well as showing to others that it was more than just a few people conducting things.

- Initial getting the word out people / posters / communication resource use
- People who are the helpers in getting people there (we had door guards as we were a police org.. but they were then used as "greeters" which was nice)
- People who help prepare games for PAX
-- Quiz
-- Dance games (Never forget when we attempted an oops ups side your head.. that was funny)
-- Costume games
- Division representatives to give information / help as question answerers about the cabal
-- People to help with doing interviews after the event (if we do a good event, we are likely to get people interested in filling out an application form)

To answer your other questions
- Friday / Saturday is best for me with a start time of 1900 GMT
- The prize money shouldnt come out of anyone specifics pocket :D But I definitely think the cabal should have some donations to make a good pot of prize money .. we had 6m ish last time I looked.

Another cool thing I think .. is to find a cabal song. One song that we will use at every event in the future, that is our song ;) And for us to do a cabal "thing" during this song.
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

Katelin wrote:And for us to do a cabal "thing" during this song.
I think it is safe to say I should not be put in charge of determining what the cabal 'thing' we do to music will be. It...could not end well. >.>

I'd be glad to help with this if it's a time I'll be around, but with weekends, this is no guarantee for me ever. I'll take a look at times when you guys book it. I'm usually more the 'random rp at events' kind of person than the 'organize a thing' kind of person. If nothing else, Jenn'd be glad to sit on a stool by the door and shoot every third person coming in!
And in the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light...
Didaskalos

Post by Didaskalos »

As long as every third person is a lumie.

Given Kate's times, a Saturday is stronger than a Friday. There are two European DJs and one Australian, so Friday is an option still, but I'd have to leave after two hours most likely.
Thanasi Vasiliou - Rapier Division
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Post by Katelin »

Just because a start time is good for me, doesnt mean it fits with the other 99% of the cabal :) Would you like a poll starting perhaps? Maybe we can tie it together as a general way to find out when people most like to attend events so it hits many birds with the one stone :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Kotts
Founder (retired)

Post by Kotts »

When things get un-busy again I'll see about racking up some PAX. Depending on how much we get saved and planned we could just do an all day after-holidays party.
"Bummed because the holidays are over? Then come party with GSP and 9S on (month/day) during their 'For the Fack of It' party!"