RAID ROSTER - Friday 01/11/13 (& Team Roster Policy)

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Jennet

RAID ROSTER - Friday 01/11/13 (& Team Roster Policy)

Post by Jennet »

RAID ROSTER - FRIDAY, JAN 11, 2013 - 9:00pm (EASTERN)

Tank 1: Esthyr
Tank 2: Samcon
Main Heals: Mooncide
Healtank: Blapoo
Tank Group DPS: Jennet

DPS 1: Wahoozerman
DPS 2: Illandir
DPS 3: Claretta
DPS 4: Incendia
DPS 5: Firearc

Alternates:
DPS Alt 1: Minariel

((EDIT: Blapoo is confirmed))
((EDIT: Volen will not be able to make it, Firearc alted in for DPS))

ROSTERING NOTES FOR THIS TEAM
---------------------------

This is our team raid roster for one team that has been working on the raid. We've beaten it once and by no means have it on farm. We know other cabal-mates want to experience the raid, but it's also not fair to have a team work on it so hard and then start forcing people out immediately after we beat it once and get two usable drops.

This team was put together to run on Fridays based on availability for that time, gear/experience level to get through it, and a desire to get a core team up and running with raid experience and raid-level gear to help others get through it. We've had one win. We are not 'ringers' yet. Give us a few weeks, and we will probably start cycling people in more regularly.

I've already put two alternates into the group for this raid. Incendia is in Torvus' usual spot, and Claretta is in Firearc's. Thank you guys for volunteering to sit out this week. Please be aware that we expect to go back to the regular team for the next few weeks, to get us a chance to get it down and give us a little more leeway with folks who are not used to our particular routine. This will also give those who battled futility and frustration for five weeks the chance to get gear rolls =)

We're a big cabal, and there should probably be more than one team trying this. I especially suggest a team try to get together for the European time zones. Believe me, I'm sensitive to cabal population and time zone issues. I just ask that those who are not part of this team regularly understand that at the gear/experience level we have currently, success in this raid is very much a matter of precision teamwork. If we are short a single dps by the last phase of the raid, we cannot make the dps check. Once we have more experience and are better geared, I know we will all be more available to let new people alternate into the team, because we will be able to better compensate for the time it takes to get used to our routine.

TO BE ADDED AS AN ALTERNATE
--------------------------

Please, -please-, if you want to be an alternate, look for our raid rosters and reply to them with your desire to be an alternate and the slot(s) you could fill. (Success currently suggests a team with at least an average of 10.2 gear.) Telling Firearc or Jennet or someone else in the raid that you really want to go is great, but our minds are filled with many things and leak like sieves =) If you reply on the forum, we can get you on the alternate list, and we can prioritize that list based on when people ask and what their gear/preparedness level is.

If you are on the roster as an alternate, please be in game at raid start time. We will let you know as soon as possible if we have a slot for you or not, so you don't have to sit around and wonder. It may take as long as 15 minutes past start time for us to decide someone's not going to make it (though be aware if you're not there by then, regulars, you may get replaced!). If you're on the alternate list and get a lockout timer, please let Firearc or Jennet know so we can pull you from the alternate roster and adjust before raid time. Thanks!

LOOT RULES FOR THIS TEAM
-----------------------

This team will be using the standard 9 Swords loot policy. Everyone who has not gotten an upgrade drop yet from raiding may roll need on the upgrades. If you have gotten one, you are asked to pass until the entire group has gotten one drop. At that point, we will begin again with everyone needing. (This is another reason alternates on the team at this stage, before everyone has gotten a loot drop, become difficult to manage. I would really like to see everyone have a chance at loot, and if we bring a new person or two every week and they get the drops, then drop off the roster, we may end up with regulars who never get a drop.) (Since there is no /roll in game, research is now underway to figure out whether we need to use Ajax for rolls on Master Looting or other ways to make sure the drops get evenly distributed.)

While the suggestion that we need dps geared better, so only dps should roll on drops, was put forward at the first win, we've decided it's not really fair... especially considering that we all can and probably will play different roles during the course of raiding. It's not fair to ask someone to put in two hours or more every Friday and not roll on the upgrades.

If you've gotten drops from pug raiding as well, passing is up to your personal discretion. With most peoples' time constraints, I don't expect this to be a huge issue.

We will be tracking who has gotten loot drops, so we can let everyone know when it's okay to roll again. The current list is:

Illandir
Wahoozerman

Thanks, guys! And thanks to this great team who have put in so much time and effort and patience!

-Jennet
Last edited by Jennet on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And in the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light...
wahoozerman

Re: RAID ROSTER - Friday 01/11/13 (& Team Roster Policy)

Post by wahoozerman »

For the passing and whatnot, are we including all drops in that, or just the upgrade kits?

The raid also drops some 10.4 gear, which while it's not as "needed" as the upgrade kits, is still good for sidegrades or people who aren't 10.4 yet. I'd rather not see people just breaking down that stuff when someone who actually needed it was forced to pass because they got an upgrade kit.
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

wahoozerman wrote:For the passing and whatnot, are we including all drops in that, or just the upgrade kits?

The raid also drops some 10.4 gear, which while it's not as "needed" as the upgrade kits, is still good for sidegrades or people who aren't 10.4 yet. I'd rather not see people just breaking down that stuff when someone who actually needed it was forced to pass because they got an upgrade kit.

The 'you can't roll till everyone has one' rule is only for upgrade kits, which everyone can use. The rest of the drops fall under the regular loot policy too, so it's a lot like nightmares (where we greed on kits, then pass till everyone has one). The non-upgradeable Talisman/Weapon drops should be individually need/greed. If it is an upgrade or a side grade that you will use, need on it. I'm not going to tell anyone they can't roll on those because they got a kit, or not roll on a kit because they got those. :)
Firearc

Post by Firearc »

I agree the 10.4 items should not count as your roll for the upgrade kits, I would also like to see them go to ppl that are not currently using a 10.4 of that item if possible before we roll and break the items down.

Thanks Jen for putting together the raid info and the raid sheet for this week !
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

Some of those items are even comparable to 10.5s, honestly, with the interesting procs. I think they're a great resource for gearing people, especially since few of us are 10.4 across the board. The only downside of the drops is that you can only put a 10.0 glyph in them, so the proc has some stats to make up for.
Firearc

Post by Firearc »

really can't upgrade the glyph up on those ? lame :D oh well still nice peices till you can get a custom peice. :D
Firearc

Post by Firearc »

really can't upgrade the glyph up on those ? lame :D oh well still nice peices till you can get a custom peice. :D
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

Firearc wrote:really can't upgrade the glyph up on those ? lame :D oh well still nice peices till you can get a custom peice. :D
Yeah, to my knowledge, they can only have the base glyph in them. I suppose if someone has one, they can try putting it in the crafting window with a custom glyph upgrade kit and see what happens.
Esthyr

Post by Esthyr »

Thanks Jenn for the detailed post.
Just one question to be absolutely clear...we roll need on both 10.5 upgrades?
There will be a small chance (1% if all 10 are rolling) that one person will win both.
I won both Knut's Hoard off Ur- Draug last night. (insert joke here, 4% chance if we all rolled greed) 8)
Just want to make sure we're okay with this chance before the fact instead of after.
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

Esthyr wrote:Thanks Jenn for the detailed post.
Just one question to be absolutely clear...we roll need on both 10.5 upgrades?
There will be a small chance (1% if all 10 are rolling) that one person will win both.
I won both Knut's Hoard off Ur- Draug last night. (insert joke here, 4% chance if we all rolled greed) 8)
Just want to make sure we're okay with this chance before the fact instead of after.

Nice, two handfulls of Knut's! <-- obligatory

Nope, there was a little note up there, sorry...trying to figure out a way to have people roll dice, so I can use Master Looter and have the rolls be individual. Right now, the only option I've found is to have the raid get into Ajax and roll there. I need to see if there's a timeout on Master Looting (which...would be ridiculous). How people make an MMO and don't put a /roll or /rnd in it baffles me. TOR did this at first, as well. There was much grief in raids.

Moon had an idea about having each group roll on a different one, but this starts to get uneven quickly, too. Already, there would be three dps rolling on one and all five in the tank group rolling on the other. Probably, if we determine Master Looting is just not an option, I will just assign people evenly to two pools in the beginning, so half of the eligible folks roll on the top one and half roll on the bottom one. If we get a third for some bizarre reason, I'll... I dunno... lemme think.