RAID ROSTER - Friday 01/11/13 (& Team Roster Policy)

Past events / Archive of scheduled events.
May be read by: Public+

Moderator: Leaders

Jennet

Re: RAID ROSTER - Friday 01/11/13 (& Team Roster Policy)

Post by Jennet »

From TSW forums:
shittakaburi wrote:If you want everyone to see it, it will require a website. Chat is off limits to mods.
So: PLEASE BE PREPARED TO OPEN AJAX FOR DICE ROLLS FOR RAID LOOT

We can do each item individually, and no loot will be awarded until everyone has either typed a /roll or PASS into Ajax. (Don't spam Ajax when we're in there, please. That'll make it quicker. Thanks!)
And in the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light...
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

Bumped for roster edits.

Also:

I will do a single roll in Ajax to determine each piece of loot. Each person eligible for a roll will get a #, and I will roll a single die with the total number of eligible people. The winning number gets the thing. Rinse, repeat. I will ask who wants to roll on the drops first.

If you don't have gear at 10.4 that can use the upgrade, please consider passing in favor of those who can use it. Be aware that the upgrades MUST BE ON CUSTOM ITEMS (bought with PvE bullion). These will not work on PvP (Venice) gear or dungeon drops.

If you roll on actual gear drops as a sidegrade or upgrade, please be aware that they can only have a 10.0 glyph in them. Their glyphs cannot be upgraded. (To my knowledge, you cannot upgrade a glyph to 10.4 before you put it in something. If you can, I'd like to know about this, anyone?)

(If we win... we should win... let's win!)
Firearc

Post by Firearc »

Sounds good Jen

bribes ajax for better rolls then she has gotten in the past day :D
Jennet

Post by Jennet »

Sonfal and Zurai may be around if we need alts as well. Thank you guys!
Claretta

Post by Claretta »

Sorry I wasn't there this week. I didn't actually realise I was in a raid team. I thought the team was locked based on the people who had been attempting it over the last few weeks, and I wasn't in it, so have been mostly pugging the raid with friends in other cabals. I've never really considered myself as part of the core PvE group here.

I have had the opportunity to test some of my theories with the raid, though. It's possible for me to solo heal the raid, and since I generate far less threat than 'pure' healers, the zombies in phase 2 don't actually go for me. They just run around randomly. This also tends to help clear times, since my DPS across the entire raid sits at about 1,300, and then the raid has space for 7 more DPS on top.

Different tactics to what you're doing, of course, which is kindof why I don't really sign up as I often feel guilty playing a healer if I displace other healers by doing stuff like solo DPS-healing. Since arguably, that would make the easiest clear of the damage race, and yet I don't want to displace others who want to pure heal.

In regards to the 10.4 drops, many of them are more powerful than 10.5 custom items. For example, I have a 10.4 heal drop from the raid that gives +25% crit damage. I can also put a custom glyph in this item and can improve this glyph to 10.5. The only real drawback is that can't put a signet in it and can't take it to 10.5, so compared to a 10.5 major talisman with a purple major signet in it, that's a drop of about 200 heal rating. But the rather huge 25% flat increase to crit damage tends to make up for that.

The only issue you'll encounter with them is that if you die while wearing them you have to re-equip the item to get the buff working again, either by taking it off and putting it on again, or loading it in and out via gear manager (gear manager seems to be the most stable fix).
wahoozerman

Post by wahoozerman »

Claretta wrote:... I can also put a custom glyph in this item and can improve this glyph to 10.5. The only real drawback is that can't put a signet in it and can't take it to 10.5...
That's really good to know.