Worst HR ever

A place for casual conversations (OOC).
May be posted to by: Applicants +
Zyph

Worst HR ever

Post by Zyph »

Today, like every day, I decided to knock out the 18/18 for the bullion. Pol, and DW went well other than some lag in DW. So, I take a break and build a team for HR. I did ask the Cabal first, but everyone on was tied up. So, I build a pug... As always I give a few loot rules to make things go smoother. If you need something just speak up first so you don't get accused of ninja looting. On glyph kits everyone greed, and then pass on the rest if you win one.

Well it starts off ok, not great, but good enough. Glyph kit drops and one person needs after everyone has greeded it. I thought it was a miscommunication, and the guy said he was sorry that it was. It can happen, I know I play with a lot of people who are ESL. After being married to an Indonesian woman for 13 years I know things can get lost in translation.

Move to the second boss. I pull him as normal...and the healer dies 3 times. I am not even sure how to be honest. We we get past that eventually.

Now to where it started to really stink. As normal I start with trucker for the extra block and hate. Then I pick a spot to tank with the plan of moving out of the fire as it comes. Here is where I find out no one has CU. It's ok, we can still do it. Two more wipes because the healer gets caught in the fire, and then because the DoT overcame me. However as the tank it was my fault.

This however is what really sucked. One of the DPS decides he wants me to tank it a different way. He wants me to kite the boss while they all stay in the middle. No problem, I can do that. We die again. The DPS guy accuses me of going in the middle. Yeah I did because that is where he was when I grabbed aggro. So he decides to be more clear. He wants me to kite in a circle around the room, while never stepping in the middle. It was the most miserable thing I have ever done in the game...

See the problem was that I had to do this while walking backwards. Why backwards you ask? Because I had to be facing the boss to impair searing brand. Yeah it was horrible. All the while that I am doing the moon walk, the DPS is just standing in the middle of the room shooting.

I asked in Cabal chat if anyone had ever heard of this, and they said no. They agreed that it sounded like a really lazy of doing things.

Ok, that was my rant for a while! :p
Katelin
Leader
Twitter: @Nine_Swords
Timezone: UTC+01:00

Re: Worst HR ever

Post by Katelin »

Sounds really un-fun. Sorry we weren't online when you made your team, would have definitely liked to join you :)
If you find yourself forced to mercilessly slaughter your teammates because they become infected with some rare mutation, keep in mind that you are only doing your job -
They would do the same for you.
Firearc

Post by Firearc »

not sure if you can play in the evenings or not but we tend to run nm as a cabal between 6pm est and 9 pm if you are interested just let me know i ll keep an eye out for ya :) Moon and I work later on mon, tue, and wed but the rest of the week we get on to do our nm bout 8 pm est ;)

just let me know running with cabal tends to be better then pugging it if we have the ppl on to do it
Zyph

Post by Zyph »

I want to move on the the Ankh, but I am hesitant to do it with a PUG. I may take you up on that later this week. :D
Uragon
Commander

Post by Uragon »

We're also going to try running an EU nightmare this evening, so if that fits your play time (19:00 UTC) you're welcome to hold out on pugging for that. It is still in a growing state, and I can't guarantee that we'll have much more success than a PUG would, but I can promise that it'll be fun while some of us still learn the little ins and outs of NM dungeons. :)